mpjesse

Splendid
That ECS board looks bad ass.

Edit: This one:
ecs-ka3.jpg

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I like the MSI K9N Platinum with its slot setup. Got a lot of room for SLI and sound card as well as tuner. :D

Are the these AM2 boards run with x16 pci-e bandwith? or x8? I know theres not difference right now but maybe in the near future?

Anyways there all good and my system feels getting out dated already just by looking at these stuff and with all that are coming out with significant performance increase in mind.

My future rig are looking pretty good. :D

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
i like the msi and dfi boards cause they look well organized and well spaced out. The ecs was funny cause it lookss like someone just glued a bunch of pieces on a board cause its soo simple looking lol, there's barly even any metallic parts to make its look more impressive. :p

sepheronx

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I like the Abit and ECS motherboards they show, well orginized (except that power connecter in the ECS board near the PCI-e slot) but otherwise, it looks sharp. And the abit one is also nice, I like there cooling solution with there northbridge chipset (asus finaly started to use that same method with the heatpipes, but i guess abit did it since the ABIT boards such as the NI8 chipsets ran super warm)

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
So then,
I assume the PCI-X does nothing for video cards or PCI-RAM (can't think of any other high-speed card) ?
Even the high-end gamer / graphics professional does not need the PCI-X ?

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
mmmmmmmmm MOTHER BOARD (starts druling)

The DFI one looks nice i think ill get that one for my next machine

looks like a lot of expandabliity id like to see if it supports 2 full 16x channels or more.