Vpn client installtion error 28005

seth

We are running Cisco vpn client 4.6 and I have a problem with the
installation it says that I have to remove any older version of this
product before installation. It runs the uninstall program but can’t
complete. Error 28005

The problem is that there isn’t any older software left to remove.
No program under "remove add programs"
No program folder on any drives.
No path in the registry concerning Cisco "I made a search for Cisco in
the registry"
I have also tried to edit the setup.ini file for the installation and
removed the text that checks for older clients.

In what path does the installation check for older versions? How do I
get around the problem?

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Iam not sure.. may be if "System Restore" under the System applet
under control panel is checked in, than will have some problems like
that.. Again iam not 100% sure

the other thing i would suggest is the REGISTRY settings