Sign in with
Your question

Your PC is made in China ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 8, 2006 12:19:56 AM

my XFX 6600GT is made in china ...
my P4 630 3.2HZ 2MB cache ..is also made in China ?

most MSI products I've ever seen ( motherboards-VGA) also are made in china ..

even the new ATI X1900 is made in china ?

what's with china ? I usually believe that china's products is not highly qualified ..but then I think ...how my 6600GT performs well although it's made in china ?

any help ?

More about : made china

March 8, 2006 12:34:53 AM

That made no sense at all. Yes its old news that most goods come from China. There is cheap labor there.
March 8, 2006 12:41:21 AM

Maybe you should benchmark it and do some comparisons.....
How the heck are we supposed to know? :p 

Might want to check your clothes too... might be made in china too.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 12:42:35 AM

Quote:

any help ?

While it seems you could use a truckload really.

Here's your first hint, Taiwan is not China, regardless of politics, so the X1900 was made in Taiwan, the CARD may have been assembled in China. or Taiwan or a bunch of other locations (Celestica makes ATi cards in Canada).

Also Intel and AMD chips are made at a multitude of fabs.

It's called international business/trade.
March 8, 2006 12:57:12 AM

Oh noes not china god there taking over everything..... welcome to the real world ware everything comes from the other side of the world
March 8, 2006 1:03:26 AM

i think the correct topic should be, "Your PC is made in Asia ?" ................. or do all us Asians look the same..........

as a note, DUH?!?!?!?!?!!
your tv, mp3 player are probably made in asia also.
who does apple buy their flash memory from? samsung? toshiba??

see a pattern?
March 8, 2006 2:00:52 AM

Let me put it this way for you............

Workers in China that put these things together will be luck to get paid $50 USD a month and thats if they are lucky!!!
But they can still gobble through and make 100+ VGA cards a day, if not 1000/day. Now, think of all the savings these companies can make by moving the factory there and hiring these severely under paid people.

Obviously, there are downsides to these.
Higher faulty rates and poor craftsmanship is normal for them.....what do you expect from these cheap workers?
China is 1/10th the quality of Japanese made, 1/8th the quality of Taiwan, 1/6th the quality of Korea.......basically, they suck!!!

Since you built your own PC, you can always check before you buy......avoid them if cheap China labor and products are not your thing!!!
March 8, 2006 2:33:40 AM

Quote:
Since you built your own PC, you can always check before you buy......avoid them if cheap China labor and products are not your thing!!!

8O
:idea: Whats would be left if not made in..... :?:
- Motherboard made in China
- CPU made in Malaysa
- CPU Fan made in China
- Memory made in Taiwan
- Hard Drive made in Singapore
- IDE / SATA / FDD cable made in china
- Floppy Drive made in Japan
- Video Card made in Taiwan
- Video Card GPU Made in Malaysa
- Sound Card made in Mexico
- 56k, v.92 PCI Modem made in Mexico
- DVD/DVD-RW/CD-ROM/CD-RW drive made in China
- Case made in China
- Power Supply made in China
- Keyboard (Microsoft Wireless) made in Canada?
- Mouse (Microsoft Wireless) made in Canada designed in Redmon WA (USA) 8O
- Monitor made in Taiwan
- Windows XP Pro made in Taiwan

Let me see....That would indicate nothing is made the good old USA.
Oh even my antivirus program is made in Spain! :wink:
March 8, 2006 3:09:12 AM

Quote:

Workers in China that put these things together will be luck to get paid $50 USD a month and thats if they are lucky!!!
But they can still gobble through and make 100+ VGA cards a day, if not 1000/day. Now, think of all the savings these companies can make by moving the factory there and hiring these severely under paid people.

Thing is currency is relative. 50 US Dollars won't get you far in the US. 50 US Dollars goes a long long way in China.

Case in point: 2-3 years ago a buddy of mine was over there teaching English. He enjoyed it immensly and tried to get me to come over to do the same.

'How much money would it be?' I asked.

'$200 plus a place to stay.' He replied.

'$200 a week? I can't afford that!' Said I.

'No, $200 a month, and you can afford it because you live like a king on that salary here. To give you an idea I went out last night, had a very nice meal and got drunk for, oh... about 15 cents.'

I seriously considered going. I didn't as my US debts (namely my student loans) wouldn't be paid on $200/month. But I wanted to. I sometimes still consider saying the heck with it and going anyways.

I could also tell you stories of some people from eastern Europe I know who come here to work 'menial' jobs for little US $, and return to their countries with money saved up and buy houses and open businesses.

The world of currency exchange and the global work force is an interesting place full of opportunities, if you're a global worker that is.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 3:23:49 AM

China is the new Korea, Korea is the new Tiawan, Tiawan is the new Japan, and Japan is the new U.S., in the production scheme.

Tiawan flogs China for cheap labor, while the Chinese government threatens to take over Tiawan.

Quality wise, China is today where Tiawan was 10 years ago, overall.
March 8, 2006 8:41:49 AM

Quote:
Thing is currency is relative. 50 US Dollars won't get you far in the US. 50 US Dollars goes a long long way in China.

Yep. A few years ago I had a two week holiday in China which cost me... $80.

Admittedly I was visiting a friend so had free accomodation a lot of the time, but we ate out most days, drank quite a bit of local beer, went on tourist trips to the Great Wall and other famous sites near Beijing and stayed in a hotel for a few days while touring around.
March 8, 2006 9:27:41 AM

Quote:

any help ?

While it seems you could use a truckload really.

Here's your first hint, Taiwan is not China, regardless of politics, so the X1900 was made in Taiwan, the CARD may have been assembled in China. or Taiwan or a bunch of other locations (Celestica makes ATi cards in Canada).

Also Intel and AMD chips are made at a multitude of fabs.

It's called international business/trade.

oh really ...check the last picture in this page :
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/24/ati_radeon_x1900...

ATI X1900 is fully made in china !!!
March 8, 2006 1:08:14 PM

so that does not affect the quality of the products ?
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 2:05:27 PM

Quote:

You sir are an Idjit!

Like I said the BOARD may be made in China, but that chip, the true heartof the X1900 is made by TSMC in Taiwan. So the only thing that is 'full' is you, and it's not a good thing. :roll:

Do some freakin' research before you start going CooCoo for CoCo Puffs!
March 8, 2006 2:22:43 PM

I haven't seen any significant evidence that Chinese board assembly is substantially less reliable than elsewhere. After all, most of it is probably done using exactly the same machines that would be used in any other country, I'd imagine the humans mostly do testing and any complex assembly that machines can't handle.

Quote:
Like I said the BOARD may be made in China, but that chip, the true heartof the X1900 is made by TSMC in Taiwan.

Of course the Chinese government would claim that Taiwan is part of China anyway :) .
March 8, 2006 3:04:51 PM

Quote:
Of course the Chinese government would claim that Taiwan is part of China anyway

no when a products is made in Taiwan ..it says it is made in Tawian ...
March 8, 2006 3:10:27 PM

Quote:

You sir are an Idjit!

Like I said the BOARD may be made in China, but that chip, the true heartof the X1900 is made by TSMC in Taiwan. So the only thing that is 'full' is you, and it's not a good thing. :roll:

of course the chip is always made by the original manufucturer ...but the board is the most important thing ...if the board is defective ..you won't call it a high quality product at all ...

the second thing is ..please try to be more quiet when speaking to people ...offencing them only makes your infromation useless ...

by the way you didn't even provide me with a single link to prove your (claim) ..
March 8, 2006 3:26:15 PM

Quote:

You sir are an Idjit!

Like I said the BOARD may be made in China, but that chip, the true heartof the X1900 is made by TSMC in Taiwan. So the only thing that is 'full' is you, and it's not a good thing.

!

finally , after looking at the third picture of the same page ..I found that the chip is made in Korea ..not Taiwan .. :idea:

Quote:
You sir are an Idjit!
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 4:41:46 PM

Quote:

You sir are an Idjit!

of course the chip is always made by the original manufucturer

But it's not made by the Original Manufacturer. Ati is located in Thornhill Ontario Canada, TSMC is contracted to make the X1800/1900 chips (some others are slated for UMC), so the question is 'what is an original MFR? This board has more countries involved than the UN peacekeeping missions in the Middle East!

Quote:
...but the board is the most important thing

No it's not. The Chip is the most important thing on that board, it could be put on another board or even used as an intergrated part and would function nearly the same. The board for the X1800XT (2nd edition/PE) and X1900 are pin exact replicas of each other, yet perform very differently, thereffore Chip>Board.

Quote:
...if the board is defective ..you won't call it a high quality product at all ...

And same goes for the chip, the memory, the capaictors, voltage regulators, etc. If any of them fail consistenyl you won't call it a high quality product.

Quote:
the second thing is ..please try to be more quiet when speaking to people

I was pretty quiet when typing that, my keyboard on my laptop makes nowhere near the noise of this one at work.

Quote:
...offencing them only makes your infromation useless ...

Unless those people's info is useless from the start at which point I dismiss them with the appropriate level of respect... ie none.

Quote:
by the way you didn't even provide me with a single link to prove your (claim) ..

Because they are well known facts, like I said, do your research first, n00b!

You provide a link and still manage to F'it up royally, so how valuable is that link?

Quote:
finally , after looking at the third picture of the same page ..I found that the chip is made in Korea ..not Taiwan ..

That is the MEMORY on the board, not the X1900 chip! Everyone knows Korea is a major memory capital of the world (especially after the Taiwanese quakes a while back), just like most people know that the X1900 is made at TSMC and TSMC is located in Taiwan. Perhaps if you researched more you'd know that too.

As for links perhaps if you even looked at the OPENING PAGE of the article you link to you could see very prominently...

LOL @ YOU! :lol:  :roll: :lol: 

PS, to everyone who laughed about the 48 shader/pipeline title fiasco in this review and then wondered where it went and what proof remained, look at the properties of the picture links "ati_radeon_x1900_heats_up_with_48_pixel_pipelines/intro.jpg"
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 7:35:08 PM

Nah, there's been a standoff between the U.S. and China over Taiwan forever. And the first thing that U.S. and China go head to head over something, China will march into Taiwan.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 7:41:54 PM

Canada WILL Defend Them!

LOL! Yeah sure, as long as we have 6-18 months notice and the US lends us equipment. :tongue:
March 8, 2006 8:02:05 PM

Taking advantage in third world countries for cheap labor is just pure evil. Yeah they got a job and for what getting paid just a fraction of what a normal pay should. That's just cruel. Cheap labor + high price = 200% profit. Damn those corporate business and their heartless leaders who takes advantage from people who doesn't know better life. This is why the rich is getting richer and poor is getting poorer. Yeah, China is like the main target now for business looking for better profit even if it's the wrong way. Theres over a billion population in China and the economy is basically controlled by foriegn countries. Some American based companies are going overseas now like China, India or even Mexico becuase they could done the same job with cheaper pay for thier employees. Theres should be law that protects people around the world and especially who works for foreign business. All these people don't even have a single benifits working for these evil corporation. No health or dental insurance, nothing.

Oh and that war over Taiwan is overated by the way. Both sides main reason is that it's a strategic location. Don't forget US and China are not what you call allies and that China poses treat all of the US enemies for they have the capability and technology to produce weapons and they have nuclear weapons as well. Not to mentions they have over 1 million military strong in active duty alone.

But that's just weird even though we got beef from them, we still do business together and some of the stuff we owned are made in China.
I could be wrong and that just the way I see it.
March 8, 2006 8:09:34 PM

Quote:
Canada WILL Defend Them!

LOL! Yeah sure, as long as we have 6-18 months notice and the US lends us equipment. :tongue:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  That's real funny.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 8:16:17 PM

Just think, at least 20 cents of every dollar we send to China goes into their war effort for future conflict with the U.S.!

Oh, how about this: We don't buy goods from 3rd world countries. They don't get any money, they don't get any technology, and the only way people even get basic medical treatment is if some organization manages to get permission to offer assistance.

Every country we've abused for low wages has prospered because of it, relative to their position before being "abused".
March 8, 2006 8:34:19 PM

Quote:
Just think, at least 20 cents of every dollar we send to China goes into their war effort for future conflict with the U.S.!

Oh, how about this: We don't buy goods from 3rd world countries. They don't get any money, they don't get any technology, and the only way people even get basic medical treatment is if some organization manages to get permission to offer assistance.

Every country we've abused for low wages has prospered because of it, relative to their position before being "abused".

That's what you think.Those 20 cents of every dollar go in some rich man's pocket. And you cannot expect quality labor from an abused 10-15 year old kid. And every country you ever step foot into goes deeper and deeper into poverty.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 8:52:42 PM

Let's think about this a second. We used to get cheap goods from Japan, in the late 50's. What happened there in the late 60's? Where did Japan get all the money for that turn around?

Japan earned their money by selling cheap goods to the U.S.

Ok, maybe that's a bad example, let's pick a smaller country, like Tiawan. Oops!

Well then, there's always got to be an exception...some place isolated from the rest of the world, only able to increase wealth through their seaport, how about South Korea? My dad fought over there, the place was third world in 1958!

Yeh, you're wrong, but you'll never admit it because you're blinded by leftists ideals. And given your personality, I'd say you'll probably come around to see things in a direct perspective in, say, 20 years.
March 8, 2006 9:19:38 PM

Corporations get the most benefit from things you said. People still live miserably. Trust me I know. I live in the Balkan.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 9:32:03 PM

Quote:
Corporations get the most benefit from things you said. People still live miserably. Trust me I know. I live in the Balkan.

The balkans don't count, that was a vibrant industrial country (Yugoslavia) before it tore itself apart into tiny pieces where chaos ruled.

You're confusing exploiting cheap labour with trying to profit in an unstable country. Different things, chaos isn't as profitable for governments that aren't selling weapons, and Europe doesn't want the Balkans to get any more weapons, so no money to be made from the Balkans until they can make cheap goods.
March 8, 2006 9:39:02 PM

Yes, I agree they might be making money and feed their family with it. But would you agree that it is the right thing to pay them with low wages and with no benifits. How would you feel if there's some foriegn business you work for does the same to you. I don't think the main reason these companies take advantage of this because they want to help others get a job or improve their technology. Look at some of the wealthiest countries at out there and tell me if other than oil they are relying on other countries. Business like this has only one goal and that is to make more profit. But its' very sad that there's no international law that recognizes this issue. But then again some of the most powerful people and influencial figures out there are the ultra rich and they might see this thing as normal. As for me I think it's just cruel to look down and use other people for the sole porpuse of making money.

I don't believe that some of the electronic companies that are base here in the US makes their product over third world countries for benifiting their countries people and economy. Why, Americans are not good enough for this kind of work? Are we as Americans aren't able to produce quality work? No, this companies main reason for this is for profit and they might claim that theyre helping reduce poverty, and by what treating others as not equal? Would you rather be a well feed slave or a hungry freeman? It's a hard choice for some others but paying them with 1 dollar a day doesn't make it right! And in some countries out there kids are working for this kind of stuff instead of being at school. Would you be contempt to know that others are taking advantage of you?

My system right now, probably 90% of it are manufactured overseas. But with something similar that is made here in the good US of A is about the same price. But why would some other companies choose to fabricate their products overseas. Does it make it more expensive becuase of the shipping unless it only cost a dime to pay the people who make their product. Even though they company might be contributing to poor countries and able to give job to poor people so that they can bring food to the table for their families, it doesn't make them right.
March 8, 2006 10:28:18 PM

I agree with you.Don't get me wrong I'm not saying anything against you,hard working people of USA but you see things with "other eyes".The media is serving you with everything else but the thruth. As TheGreatGrapeApe said in the previous thread "that was a vibrant industrial country (Yugoslavia) before it tore itself apart into tiny pieces where chaos ruled" the Yugoslavia did't tore itself apart. The rule divide and conquer goes for this.But we aren't the one who can pull the strings.Anyone has his own opinion and I respect it. And we went with this thread in wrong direction. lets just talk about our passion - PC's. :wink:
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 10:42:53 PM

You're wrong again: Our media is feeding us the same leftists ideals, that it's wrong for companies to use cheap foreign labor because it hurts the people there. That side is what our media is all about!

How about it being wrong to use cheap foreign labor because it take jobs away from our own poor? That seems to be a more balanced view.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 10:45:54 PM

Quote:
How about it being wrong to use cheap foreign labor because it take jobs away from our own poor? That seems to be a more balanced view.

Well doesn't Lou Dobbs report on that just about every night? I doubt the left has anywhere near the mouthpiece for foreign intervention that Lou Dobbs is for the oursourcing of America.

Not that I care one way or the other, Alberta sells Oil, you either buy from us or Saudi. 8)

Left-wing, Right-wing... it's all hockey to me! :twisted:

a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 10:47:47 PM

Quote:
But would you agree that it is the right thing to pay them with low wages and with no benifits. How would you feel if there's some foriegn business you work for does the same to you.

They do. The best local job I can find pays only $7 an hour, without benefits, working for a Japanese company who also owns a Mexican factory. They tell us we must be MORE PRODUCTIVE than the Mexican factory, with HIGHER QUALITY as well, or else they'll fire everyone and move all their production to the Mexico plant.
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 10:56:04 PM

The right thinks that poor people are too lazy to work production jobs. Which is why they'd rather work at McDonalds I guess :p 
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2006 11:01:56 PM

Funny thing about that, I wrote quite an extesive paper on the downward pressure on wages by unselective immigration and increased global trade.

Makes alot of people furious, but if you think about the work market as simply supply and demand, it's easy to see that lazy isn't usually the issue, it's wages. Of course this creates social issues at both ends, and neither side is willing to do anything one way or the other because doing so hurts the other side of the equation. Overall left/right liberal/conservative it's all about looking out for yourself, even those who profess lofty goals.
March 8, 2006 11:17:33 PM

Quote:
Taking advantage in third world countries for cheap labor is just pure evil. Yeah they got a job and for what getting paid just a fraction of what a normal pay should. That's just cruel. Cheap labor + high price = 200% profit. Damn those corporate business and their heartless leaders who takes advantage from people who doesn't know better life. This is why the rich is getting richer and poor is getting poorer. Yeah, China is like the main target now for business looking for better profit even if it's the wrong way. Theres over a billion population in China and the economy is basically controlled by foriegn countries. Some American based companies are going overseas now like China, India or even Mexico becuase they could done the same job with cheaper pay for thier employees. Theres should be law that protects people around the world and especially who works for foreign business. All these people don't even have a single benifits working for these evil corporation. No health or dental insurance, nothing.

Well... it is evil. However it's not really the Chinese citizens that are going to lose in the end. They are producing something. It the US citizens that are losing out here, not the '3rd World Citizens', at least not in the labor market.

Health and Dental insurance is overrated. It's good if you broke a bone or for trauma emergency type needs, but other than that western medicine isn't fixing much. Doctors here have largely become little more than legal drugs pushers.

I could go on and on about that, but shant as this isn't the place for it.

Funny thing though, my grandfather went to a Chinese doctor, one that his health insurance would not pay for as he wasn't a certified American drug pu.. .. woops, (scuse me) doctor, medicare wouldn't pay for this doctor either. I won't get into all that he went to this guy for, but I'll say that when he went there he had a bad case of psoriasis (not why he went there). The Chinese doctor looked at his psoriasis, gave him a salve, and in a couple weeks it was gone, never to appear again. This was 6-7 years ago. My grandfather had gone to numerous dermatologists when he was younger and not one of them was able to help him, so my grandfather had just given up that he was stuck with it the rest of his life.

Anyways.. yes. These corporations are evil, but I don't think it's the '3rd Worlders' that are being taking advantage of the most, nor do I think they will be the big losers in the end. It's the US citizens that are losing out, and losing out big time. It's us with the insanely high inflated economy compared to most of the rest of the world. It's us that is standing back and letting the corporate greed run wild. Most of these corporations fly US flags.
March 9, 2006 12:09:21 AM

chinamen have pretty nice deals in their puny little computerstores ahhahaah
March 9, 2006 12:51:53 PM

Quote:
chinamen have pretty nice deals in their puny little computerstores ahhahaah

Way to be a racist arrogant prick!
March 10, 2006 10:12:27 PM

China is the shiznit... they build the best stuff
March 10, 2006 10:19:15 PM

my ass they suck i never buy stuff from any communist country :evil:  i buy from any democratic country :D 
March 10, 2006 10:29:52 PM

Quote:
my ass they suck i never buy stuff from any communist country :evil:  i buy from any democratic country :D 

Noble Ideal. Good luck with it. A bit of just about everything is made in China. You'd be hard pressed to purchase products that aren't. Capitalism cares not for ideals, human rights, ethics, or what's right or wrong. It only cares about $. The capitalists are in charge, in China and in the US.
March 10, 2006 10:30:53 PM

I agree with you. Those evil corporation are taking advantage both the third world countries and taking job away from the US citizens.

That's pretty ironic, they take our job away then they pay low wages on other people and then sell that product to us.

How do you people sleep at night?! Do you sleep better with bad conscious or a lot of money?

Im in college right now working up for a degree in computer programming and I'm afraid my job would be limited here in America for many companies are moving their base overseas.
March 10, 2006 10:34:59 PM

Quote:

Noble Ideal. Good luck with it. A bit of just about everything is made in China. You'd be hard pressed to purchase products that aren't. Capitalism cares not for ideals, human rights, ethics, or what's right or wrong. It only cares about $. The capitalists are in charge, in China and in the US.

I guess money can buy everything these days.

So pretty much the saying " In god we trust" in our dollar bill is just there for sh!t and giggles huh?
March 10, 2006 10:38:48 PM

they need jobs... more people work here than there, why do you think they work for less. I love Asians and the east and the cool stuff they make that we design, I like Chinese food too and I want a Chinese girlfriend

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/153
March 10, 2006 10:47:32 PM

Quote:
they need jobs... more people work here than there, why do you think they work for less. I love Asians and the east and the cool stuff they make that we design, I like Chinese food too and I want a Chinese girlfriend

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/153

Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do against the people of China or any asian. Im of asian decendant myself.
March 11, 2006 12:42:07 AM

Well said Adk Eric. The price of living is so low in China that $50 a week is
enough to live on. Perhaps you could even save a little. Compare that to $7 an hour in the U.S.
I doubt that China can really be considered as a third world economy any more, and really, after reading some of the other postings, you all should reconsider where your get your news and current affairs from.
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2006 1:24:03 AM

Quote:
and really, after reading some of the other postings, you all should reconsider where your get your news and current affairs from.

Hey buddy!

WTF's wrong with the Daily Show with John Stewart !?! :?:

:tongue:

BTW, there is no news just someone else's version of the story, or maybe that's history, or is that written by the wieners. Anyways I like sports news but I never know who to trust, too many right and left wingers out there. :twisted:
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2006 2:52:17 AM

Yes, the Chinese can live as comforatbly on $50 a week as we do on $50 a day. And that's what a large portion of Americans get paid, in fact probably the largest portion of Americans.

Whenever I talk about how great the poverty problem in the U.S. is, people bring up crazy stuff like average pay. Well, if you have a town of 10 people, 9 making 10,000 a year and 1 making 1,000,000 per year, the average pay is $190k, yet nearly everyone is too poor to afford heat in the winter.
March 11, 2006 3:19:42 AM

I find this extremely strange.. someone has a problem with comp products coming from china .. than it was enlarged to the whole of asia.. so why is this a problem? because the quality is lower if its manufactured in asia is it? how can u actually say that.. heck mistakes do happen and there are many products manufactured not just in asia which are extremely faulty. if u wanna blame someone for defective products dont blame the workers.. blame the company.. if u have experiance in working in the manufacturing line of any hardare company in any country in the world... u would know that the workers are nothing more than cheap machines. i know it sound cruel but that is the reality.. the companies wont invest in expensive PLC machines or robots, so manual labor is substituted. the end quality of the product depends on how the company engineers set the quality control demands of each product. so any product that comes from any country lets say china and the US are identical in every way.. it is just not feasible to have quality differences between different manufacturing plants of a same company. so dont discriminate the product just because it comes from a different country.

and yes, asia has very cheap labour... if u owned a company where would u build your factory? in the US or in Asia? you would choose asia because they have cheap skilled labour that are willing to work at far less than what they would need to pay if the factory is in US. its just economics... about taking advantage of the people here.. well its a double edged sword. asian nations get investment and large populations get paid well. heck some of the most well paying jobs in asian countries are in foreign companies. if someone can stay like a "king" in china for USD 50, than whats wrong in paying that much? the cost of living in asia is dirt cheap..and if u say the people are just being taken advantage off, well perhaps theres some truth in it .... the visions of child labour and being paid like USD 3 per month does happen.. i dont deny that, but so does it happen in a lot of non asian countries as well as well as european nations. i'm not saying its right, just that dont discriminate when it comes to pointing blame...

i live in malaysia and am proud to see foreign companies coming here to open their factories and manufacturing plants. it means the inflow of new technology and new knowledge. it also means that skilled workers and engineers here are as good as those from western countries (perhaps better 8) ). just that we except lower pay than you because we just have very low cost of living. So well.. sorry if this rant was a little to long.. but felt strongly about it.. and as jeremy_pro said.. cut the talk about this.. and just talk about our passion, PC's :D 
March 11, 2006 9:58:41 AM

[Hey buddy!

WTF's wrong with the Daily Show with John Stewart !?!

BTW, there is no news just someone else's version of the story, or maybe that's history, or is that written by the wieners. Anyways I like sports news but I never know who to trust, too many right and left wingers out there.]

I agree, there's a lot of media manipulation. I actually meant that some people should actually take an interest in the news and current affairs and make up their own minds. Rather than simply repeating what the last ignoramus said.
I just wanted to make the point with out singling anyone out or inviting flamers.
And no there's nothing wrong with the Daily Show. But it shouldn't be your only source of current affairs:-)
!