• Don''t care

Votes: 12 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

quicsilver

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Alright, so I've been with NewEgg for awhile, since back in the day Fed-Ex was their friend and UPS wasn't even an option, being too high or whatever. Anyway, since things have switched completely, I've had nothing but issues with their shipping. Trashed boxes, slow shipping, takes days to get a tracking number ect...

Anyway, I was researching a little the other day about how their UPS 3 day guarantee works. Now if you watch the whole process and go to look for shipping options, UPS ground is NOT an option, but apparently it is an option, but you don't know you are preselected for ground until the last screen before submitting. So I talked to a CS rep earlier trying to figure out why all my orders are switched and Lan told me the reason is because I am close enough to get it in 3 days with their ground shipments.

I have two problems with this, 1. I go in thinking it's a 3 day service. 2. I don't always get it in 3 days. So, I called UPS, asked them is there a different between a 3 day and ground service, yes there is. I also asked why they would do this, she told me it's a common act for companies to change it to a ground service to save a little for profit. She also told me that in my area, there are always people calling complaining about NewEgg's slow shipping.

I almost feel bad for UPS when a lot of people give them shit saying they're slow with Newegg, when in fact it's NewEgg's fault the shipping is slow. They mislead you to believe you are getting a 3 day guaranteed service and when you call to complain they tell you no, you have ground shipping on both UPS and NewEggs side. WTF, when you have no choice, going through the whole process thinking it's going to be a 3 day guarantee.

So, if anyone else has this issue, call and complain, get your shipping costs back. I hate that I have to find the small things when they've been nothing but good, but when it takes 36 hours for them to mark it shipped, then another 12 to have UPS even register the package, and no Saturday delivery, it's more than likely you won't even get it within a week from ordering. You basically have to order it Monday morning. There are a lot of variables on this, and I've had it where a couple of times here pretty fast, but majority of the time it's just slow. Understanding why now, b/c it's been ground this whole time. How cheap of Newegg, to almost give us no other option because every other option is soo freakin high.

Another thing, they need to calculate multiple shipping items, if I buy 4 fans, I should be charged shipping for 1 maybe 2, not $5 for each fan. Seriously, it's cheaper to go grab one at Fry's, and when Fry's is lower priced than NewEgg, somethings wrong.

NewEgg is awesome, their shipping is going to be the death of them. Until they get out of the contract with UPS, I will always shop elsewhere first. ZipZoomFly almost always has free shipping. You can't complain when it's free, and it matches on price with most other sites.

NEWEGG! Get your head out of UPS' ASS and better your customer fan base, GIVE US FED-EX BACK!

Feb 24, 2006
Hey QuicSilver,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative feedback--We do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

You are correct that, “Orders shipping via UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service may ship via UPS Ground” (as stated on our website). However, a package will only ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 business days or fewer (this is stated several times during the checkout process under “IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION.” This is very common among UPS clients and this enables us to offer our low UPS shipping rates. If you have received a package that has arrived late, please PM us with the Sales Order number (SO#) and we will be glad to assist in refunding the shipping cost for you.

You bring up another good topic about the shipping cost on multiple items. Please do note that our shipping prices are per-item because we have multiple warehouses and not all items ship from the same warehouse and can be boxed together (also, some items are pre-boxed and ready to go to speed up processing time). However with smaller items such as cables (or your fans) we can make exceptions if the customer brings this to our attention (via email, chat, telephone, or a PM here on TomsHardware). Feel fee to PM us with the SO# for this order as well. We’ll be glad to make the necessary adjustment to your account and see that a partial shipping refund issued ASAP for your convenience.

Let us know—we’re only a PM away. :)

quicsilver

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Thank you for responding in a timely manner. I appreciate you being proactive in the public forums, shows you care about your reputation as a company. There's no reason for me to contact you via PM, your a public company so we'll keep this that way. By the way, I did have an issue with my shipping, and did give your CS rep my order #, and all he did was argue with me. So unless he's a bad egg (no pun intended), then maybe you want to clear that up with him.

You did answer a couple of my questions, like the multiple shipping. Good to know and I will keep it in mind.

I also have a couple of questions about what you said.
"However, a package will only ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 business days or fewer (this is stated several times during the checkout process under “IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION.” This is very common among UPS clients and this enables us to offer our low UPS shipping rates. If you have received a package that has arrived late, please PM us with the Sales Order number (SO#) and we will be glad to assist in refunding the shipping cost for you."

Now understood, but here's the thing, all the way up to the last submit pages it states 3 day gauranteed shipping. I know there are so many variables here either one of you could get out of a tight jam, if it was a problem. Like it says could take 24-48 hours, business days of course, before it even ships. So you give yourself a 2 day pad there. Turns it into a guaranteed 5 day service. Also, the time it registers with UPS, and the time they actually pick it up could be say a up to say a 12 hour difference. Cuold say billing info received or something. Again, can't start the 3 day process until then, right. Well if in that period of time, you don't get that guaranteed to you, then who do we complain about this to? You say, UPS can guarantee it gets to me in three days, but then you say if it's an issue to contact you. If I contact UPS, they basically tell me, sorry you're out of luck, your shipper sent it ground, we say 3-5 business days. Who do we complain to about this "guarantee" Newegg or UPS?

Funny how the whole used to love fed-ex and now we love UPS issue was never mentioned...? Must be an internal thing, a no no to talk publicly about it, many people have expressed they don't like it, but never have I once heard a typed word or voice about it from NewEgg. Must have signed something, oops.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I still believe the big green lettering guaranteed 3 day shipping under every item on your website should have a small disclaimer about the ground shipping, but it would only make people more aware and maybe even scare them off, I understand why you do it as a business to make a little more profit, but I guess it will never hurt your PR enough to make a difference.

NewEgg's pricing and customer service i give you 4 eggs

NewEgg's shipping woes and shady disclaimers, with nuthin but love for the wrong shipping company I give you no eggs, they all broke, I played kick ball with the eggs, like UPS looks like they do with my packages!

quicsilver

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Now I want everyone to know I am not bashing NewEgg as a company, or telling anyone here who they should or should not shop with. I am simply trying to bring this to every one's attention, so they may make a better opinion about who to shop with given the whole ordering process. I have been a customer at NewEgg for over 2 years and have never really had any issues with them, returning, customer service, shipping whatever it may be. I only hope that from the time they started and had a brief run with Fed-ex and their awesome shipping, that they don't grow into a big monopoly and forget about their customers first. We have an easy way with the Internet to expose small things that companies do to squeeze a little more out of our pockets, as long as they know that and change to better themselves, they are a good company. I know no one is perfect, but there is nothing wrong with trying to be.

Don't let this influence you to not buy from NewEggg, but when and if you have shipping issues, just remember it's not just you.

Feb 24, 2006
Hey QuicSilver,

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to be able to address all of your questions, and now that everyone here is gone for the day, I have a few moments.

Why the change to UPS as our default shipping method?

We do get this question pretty often and we’re definitely not here to put any blame on FedEx; however the reason we switched our default shipping method to UPS, is simply because FedEx raised shipping prices with our company. From what I’ve “heard,” :wink: FedEx tends to raise a company’s shipping rates if they ship too many packages because they are simply unable to keep up with such a high volume of packages shipped on a regular basis. FedEx is much smaller than UPS and they are simply unable to handle the large volume that UPS is set up to handle. In attempt to offer lower shipping rates we brought in a second shipping company (UPS) that offered lower prices as another option for our consumers.

All shipping prices on our website are the prices FedEx and UPS offer us and we defiantly do our best to negotiate the lowest prices possible—this allows us to pass on the savings to our customers, thus gaining more business and making our customers happy.

We do still offer FedEx as a method of shipping, however since UPS offered lower prices we made them our primary shipper, this simply means they are the default shipping option. Also, although I know FedEx is a bit more expensive now, they are still an option for those who dislike UPS!

As far as your suggestion about the disclaimer that shows up on the initial item page, I will forward this feedback to upper management. Though we do outline this clearly several times during the check out process, we realize that some people are in such a rush to place their order that they may overlook this, so I do understand your point here. Though UPS 3 days & UPS ground with a (UPS) guarantee of three days or less, is essentially the same thing; this technicality may make a difference to some people. Perhaps your suggestion of putting the entire disclaimer in a bold font and making it a different color may be the solution! We do appreciate your feedback on the matter. Here at Newegg we do take all criticism as constructive so that we may use any useful suggestions to better our business practices and ourselves. We know that no one is perfect and we believe there is ALWAYS room for improvement!

True, we do ask that our customers allow a 24-48 hour processing time for an order to go through our verifications process & ship (even though 98% of our orders do ship out the same business day). This being said, once your order does ship and you see that UPS has taken more thann 3 business days to deliver your package, simply contact us directly & we'll take care of you. We will handle the issue with UPS through our claims department but will refund you as soon as you contact us (so that you don’t have to wait for the claim, etc).

We hope that this answers all of your inquiries! :)

---

Edit: If anyone else out there has experienced issues with a Newegg order (shipping or non-shipping issue), and you would like support, simply PM me with your Sales Order number (SO#) & your issue. I will be glad to assist with any concern you may have.

Thanks for reading and have a nice afternoon!

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I also had a problem with newegg's shipping, i ordered parts on i think it was friday night 18th or saturday night19th (i forgot which ), fedex got the package on monday the 22nd of august 9:14 am and the package came to me on friday the 25th, usualy (always) i got the parcel on thursdays (if i ordered that way, which i usualy did) but now i got it on friday the 25th, i contacted newegg, and they said that their "3 day shipping" can take more than 3 days....i was(and still am) very dissapointed, I see no reason why it should take longer than 3 days to deliver a 3 day shipping, i requested from newegg to vawe the costs of shipping, but they declined.

Feb 24, 2006
Hey Illuminatirex,

Sorry to hear that your product took longer than 3-business days to reach you once we shipped it out. Feel free to PM me with your Sales Order number (SO#) and I’ll see to it that your shipping is credited back to your original method of payment.

Let us know if there is anything else I may do to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you and have a great evening! :)

I also had a problem with newegg's shipping, i ordered parts on i think it was friday night 18th or saturday night19th (i forgot which ), fedex got the package on monday the 22nd of august 9:14 am and the package came to me on friday the 25th, usualy (always) i got the parcel on thursdays (if i ordered that way, which i usualy did) but now i got it on friday the 25th, i contacted newegg, and they said that their "3 day shipping" can take more than 3 days....i was(and still am) very dissapointed, I see no reason why it should take longer than 3 days to deliver a 3 day shipping, i requested from newegg to vawe the costs of shipping, but they declined.

immagikman

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Just a bit of background for anyone who cares :) Shipping companies and other companies in the USA have a serious problem getting quality workers. The fact is with unemployment down around 4 or 5 % there just arent any free bodies floating around to be hired, let alone skilled drivers with IQ's high enough not to stack the bricks on top of the Eggs. The companies do their best but the labor pool is limited.

I have my fair share of packages beat up on a regular basis and I would not hold the product vendor in account for the Shipper. The shipper has to handle things and unfortunatley they have their own problems.

It's easy to sit back and bitch about companies but usually the people making those complaints have zero understanding of what it is like to run a business. Yes you want what you pay for and the vendor wants you to get it...it is in their best interest that you get it..but they don't control everything.

Just a comment from one hard working small business owner.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
If products took 10 days to arrive I would still buy from NewEgg...

Though I am currently awaiting a delay due too 2 inches of snow (why is that a Delay? I live in ROCHESTER, 2 inches is nothing), from UPS...

Didnt notice the switch from FEDEX to UPS until now...

My package now wont be here until MONDAY... It was due today (Friday)

This never happened to me before, but this is the first time since they switched to UPS. I had a problem with FedEx once mislabeling my product and resulting in 2 more day of delays. Due to the error, I ended up paying the shipping to remove any confusion or delay, and then requested a full refund without any issue. I wish NewEgg would get a refund of the money they paid for the shipping that is now late.

With that said, NewEgg is the best place to shop at... without question. And if it takes a few more days to receive an item then I will wait... but I hope to make it aware to NewEgg that there is a noticable change in service from FedEx and UPS.

Notice the quickness of NewEgg to correct any issues and respond to this thread.

Mike

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Turns out, my Item got stuck in Buffalo NY... I had heard they got 2 inches of snow... well they got that 2 inches of snow for 12 hours...

I live in Rochester--- 1 hour from Buffalo (60 miles)... we had a bit of snow, but it melted on the ground

I didnt know that Buffalo got hit so hard. I was angry cause I heard they got 2 inches of snow, and I thought... WAIT, I live in Rochester, and the item is in Buffalo... 2 inches of snow is NOTHING!

Well 24 inches of snow is a different story... All the leaves left on the trees, got snow stuck to them... that caused the trees to fall on powerlines... They are in their first storm of the season, very odd this soon, and well most of the power workers from all around NY are down their triing to fix the city:)

Mike

immagikman

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Newegg has done pretty good by me so far. Pretty much every time I go to them they deliver as advertised, taking into account natural disasters.

Feb 24, 2006
Hey guys—thanks for your support and feedback!

It’s definitely frustrating for us when the delay in you receiving your package is outside of our control (such as Greenjelly’s issue with the delay caused by the snow storm). Nevertheless, we do like to stand by our guarantee of you receiving your package within 3 business days (or the specified time frame/shipping method you selected). This being said, if your package is EVER delayed, simply PM us with your SO# and we’ll be glad to issue a shipping credit to your original method of payment [consider this an open-invitation to any Tomshardware member!].

Greenjelly—feel free to PM us directly and we’ll be glad to take care of you. :)

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Newegg Support Guy... Dont worry about it:)

Though I have to agree, UPS sucks... my outer packages are always mangled... though your excelent packaging always fixes the issue. They dont deliver on Saturday. And I really dont like their Nascar driver.

NewEgg has gone the extra mile for me so many times that I dont shop for computer parts anywhere else. I wish I could buy my LCD their but I am worried about support. Anyways thats another topic and soon to be a question to a Newegg representative.

I have always have amazing experiances. Also, thanks for the free hat, shirt and license plate cover. I dont have a car, and my head is huge (the hat doesnt fit)... but the AMD shirt is cool... even though I own a Intel:) But I would rather have a AMD shirt then a Intel one. The gear is going to people who can better use it:) I appreciate the gift:)

My sister measured all the head sizes of my mothers side of the families. We are all in the top 96% of head size. We are big headed:) Most hats dont fit me:)

Mike

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Hi there, since Newegg Support is 'here', do u mind if I ask a few question??

recently, I've been trying to purchase an AMD AM2 X2 4000+ processor from Newegg. It's been almost a month already and I COULD NOT get a hand on 1 of them. When they back in-stock, they're out of stock in ~12hrs. No, seriously... :?

I can't afford to stay on the comp. all day to purchase it the moment it's available.

Plus, I really hate having to buy the 4200+ 65W for ~$15 less, just because I REALLY want the extra 1MB cache :(

my 1st build is completely assembled and been lying there for about a month already, jsut pending on the missing CPU >__<

so is there any way that I can know when it's back in stock?

Feb 24, 2006
Hey omgitsLong,

We’re sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortunately, I do not see the X2 4000+ on our website at this time (this generally means that we are not expecting the item in for 2+ weeks).

My advice to you (if you are really glued to this model) would be to check back periodically. Once the item shows up on our website, this means that we’ll receive the item within 2 wks. If you haven’t already, click our Auto-Notify button & you’ll receive an e-mail notification as soon as stock is available. To give yourself the best chance of getting an item you're interested in, place an order immediately after receiving an auto-notify email (as some products are in very high demand and tend to sell-out quickly!).

We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions (feel free to PM us for a quicker response). =)

mars_THoC

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I have just had a VERY, VERY negitive experience with Newegg today.

The next day....
OK, so Newegg has done right by me now. I did have to threaten to turn it over to the Sec of State. But, they did honor the original order. I will continue to shop with Newegg and wish them no bad feelings.

Its is good to see they are a stand up company and resolved the issue without it turning ugly.

Thanks Newegg, its good to see Im not the only business that is honorable.

Feb 24, 2006
Hey Mars ThoC,

We’re certainly glad to hear that your issue has since been resolved. Feel free to PM us if there is anything more we may do to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Just know that we’re always here, should you need our assistance! :)

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
It really never takes threats... just got to talk to them respectfully, and if you dont get good answers, ask to speak to a manager or post it here, and PM the NewEgg Support Guy...

This is a running record of NewEggs egg-celent support...

Crap, now I sound like a NewEgg Rep.

Mike

Computerx

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004
Well i will stop ordering from newegg.com from know on. Zipzoomfly.com always offers me free 2nd shipping were has Newegg.com charges for ground shipping. Mind you Zipzoomfly.com uses fedez 2nd day free. So my question for newegg.com is how come zipzoomfly beats you on prices and offers free 2nd day shipping from fedex (the higher cost of shipping)?and why would newegg.com loose a customer for over 5 years and orders almost $1000 a month over a price match issue with zipzoomfly.com over $30?

Computerx

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004
Well today clearly was not neweggs best day. i odered parts over the weekend and last night. the order last night shipped today the others will not ship till thursday. parts in stock. rep said there packed and ready to be shipped they just can not ship them because there are to many orderes to ship. yeah i can believe that if the order placed on 12/31 shipped not he oder placed on 1/2 now i will wait for over 7 days for parts. newegg wouldnt even allow me to upgrade to faster service. i even told them i would pay for it, not them. i believe it was because i complained about the price today from zipzoomfly. well at least i will have the heatsink for processor. just not the processor, motherboard, video card. i will post chat session if any one whats to see them.

Most heat syncs run at 200mhz these days. Just plug in a monitor keyboard/mouse (if the heat sync has usb ports) and at least you can be using the internet.

If you go to radio shack, they should have heat sync memory, and a network add-on card for no more then $50 each.

Sucks when shipping isn't Now now now now now....

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
You'd have to have a bootable USB key with Linux on it to make it run smooth enough for browsing. I don't think most heat sinks support newer media disc drive standards (DVD, harddrive, etc.), but you may get lucky scrounging a few parts from an old TI calc.

Good luck with that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.