Total: 152 votes (41 blank votes)

• Yes
  • 50 %
  • No
  • 40 %
  • Don''t care
  • 11 %
August 21, 2006 9:53:27 PM

Alright, so I've been with NewEgg for awhile, since back in the day Fed-Ex was their friend and UPS wasn't even an option, being too high or whatever. Anyway, since things have switched completely, I've had nothing but issues with their shipping. Trashed boxes, slow shipping, takes days to get a tracking number ect...

Anyway, I was researching a little the other day about how their UPS 3 day guarantee works. Now if you watch the whole process and go to look for shipping options, UPS ground is NOT an option, but apparently it is an option, but you don't know you are preselected for ground until the last screen before submitting. So I talked to a CS rep earlier trying to figure out why all my orders are switched and Lan told me the reason is because I am close enough to get it in 3 days with their ground shipments.

I have two problems with this, 1. I go in thinking it's a 3 day service. 2. I don't always get it in 3 days. So, I called UPS, asked them is there a different between a 3 day and ground service, yes there is. I also asked why they would do this, she told me it's a common act for companies to change it to a ground service to save a little for profit. She also told me that in my area, there are always people calling complaining about NewEgg's slow shipping.

I almost feel bad for UPS when a lot of people give them shit saying they're slow with Newegg, when in fact it's NewEgg's fault the shipping is slow. They mislead you to believe you are getting a 3 day guaranteed service and when you call to complain they tell you no, you have ground shipping on both UPS and NewEggs side. WTF, when you have no choice, going through the whole process thinking it's going to be a 3 day guarantee.

So, if anyone else has this issue, call and complain, get your shipping costs back. I hate that I have to find the small things when they've been nothing but good, but when it takes 36 hours for them to mark it shipped, then another 12 to have UPS even register the package, and no Saturday delivery, it's more than likely you won't even get it within a week from ordering. You basically have to order it Monday morning. There are a lot of variables on this, and I've had it where a couple of times here pretty fast, but majority of the time it's just slow. Understanding why now, b/c it's been ground this whole time. How cheap of Newegg, to almost give us no other option because every other option is soo freakin high.

Another thing, they need to calculate multiple shipping items, if I buy 4 fans, I should be charged shipping for 1 maybe 2, not $5 for each fan. Seriously, it's cheaper to go grab one at Fry's, and when Fry's is lower priced than NewEgg, somethings wrong.

NewEgg is awesome, their shipping is going to be the death of them. Until they get out of the contract with UPS, I will always shop elsewhere first. ZipZoomFly almost always has free shipping. You can't complain when it's free, and it matches on price with most other sites.

NEWEGG! Get your head out of UPS' ASS and better your customer fan base, GIVE US FED-EX BACK!
August 23, 2006 7:17:27 PM

Hey QuicSilver,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative feedback--We do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

You are correct that, “Orders shipping via UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service may ship via UPS Ground” (as stated on our website). However, a package will only ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 business days or fewer (this is stated several times during the checkout process under “IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION.” This is very common among UPS clients and this enables us to offer our low UPS shipping rates. If you have received a package that has arrived late, please PM us with the Sales Order number (SO#) and we will be glad to assist in refunding the shipping cost for you.

You bring up another good topic about the shipping cost on multiple items. Please do note that our shipping prices are per-item because we have multiple warehouses and not all items ship from the same warehouse and can be boxed together (also, some items are pre-boxed and ready to go to speed up processing time). However with smaller items such as cables (or your fans) we can make exceptions if the customer brings this to our attention (via email, chat, telephone, or a PM here on TomsHardware). Feel fee to PM us with the SO# for this order as well. We’ll be glad to make the necessary adjustment to your account and see that a partial shipping refund issued ASAP for your convenience.

Let us know—we’re only a PM away. :) 
August 24, 2006 5:11:43 PM

Thank you for responding in a timely manner. I appreciate you being proactive in the public forums, shows you care about your reputation as a company. There's no reason for me to contact you via PM, your a public company so we'll keep this that way. By the way, I did have an issue with my shipping, and did give your CS rep my order #, and all he did was argue with me. So unless he's a bad egg (no pun intended), then maybe you want to clear that up with him.

You did answer a couple of my questions, like the multiple shipping. Good to know and I will keep it in mind.

I also have a couple of questions about what you said.
"However, a package will only ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 business days or fewer (this is stated several times during the checkout process under “IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION.” This is very common among UPS clients and this enables us to offer our low UPS shipping rates. If you have received a package that has arrived late, please PM us with the Sales Order number (SO#) and we will be glad to assist in refunding the shipping cost for you."

Now understood, but here's the thing, all the way up to the last submit pages it states 3 day gauranteed shipping. I know there are so many variables here either one of you could get out of a tight jam, if it was a problem. Like it says could take 24-48 hours, business days of course, before it even ships. So you give yourself a 2 day pad there. Turns it into a guaranteed 5 day service. Also, the time it registers with UPS, and the time they actually pick it up could be say a up to say a 12 hour difference. Cuold say billing info received or something. Again, can't start the 3 day process until then, right. Well if in that period of time, you don't get that guaranteed to you, then who do we complain about this to? You say, UPS can guarantee it gets to me in three days, but then you say if it's an issue to contact you. If I contact UPS, they basically tell me, sorry you're out of luck, your shipper sent it ground, we say 3-5 business days. Who do we complain to about this "guarantee" Newegg or UPS?

Funny how the whole used to love fed-ex and now we love UPS issue was never mentioned...? Must be an internal thing, a no no to talk publicly about it, many people have expressed they don't like it, but never have I once heard a typed word or voice about it from NewEgg. Must have signed something, oops.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I still believe the big green lettering guaranteed 3 day shipping under every item on your website should have a small disclaimer about the ground shipping, but it would only make people more aware and maybe even scare them off, I understand why you do it as a business to make a little more profit, but I guess it will never hurt your PR enough to make a difference.

NewEgg's pricing and customer service i give you 4 eggs

NewEgg's shipping woes and shady disclaimers, with nuthin but love for the wrong shipping company I give you no eggs, they all broke, I played kick ball with the eggs, like UPS looks like they do with my packages!
Related resources
August 24, 2006 6:48:52 PM

Now I want everyone to know I am not bashing NewEgg as a company, or telling anyone here who they should or should not shop with. I am simply trying to bring this to every one's attention, so they may make a better opinion about who to shop with given the whole ordering process. I have been a customer at NewEgg for over 2 years and have never really had any issues with them, returning, customer service, shipping whatever it may be. I only hope that from the time they started and had a brief run with Fed-ex and their awesome shipping, that they don't grow into a big monopoly and forget about their customers first. We have an easy way with the Internet to expose small things that companies do to squeeze a little more out of our pockets, as long as they know that and change to better themselves, they are a good company. I know no one is perfect, but there is nothing wrong with trying to be.

Don't let this influence you to not buy from NewEggg, but when and if you have shipping issues, just remember it's not just you.
August 26, 2006 12:34:33 AM

Hey QuicSilver,

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to be able to address all of your questions, and now that everyone here is gone for the day, I have a few moments.

Why the change to UPS as our default shipping method?

We do get this question pretty often and we’re definitely not here to put any blame on FedEx; however the reason we switched our default shipping method to UPS, is simply because FedEx raised shipping prices with our company. From what I’ve “heard,” :wink: FedEx tends to raise a company’s shipping rates if they ship too many packages because they are simply unable to keep up with such a high volume of packages shipped on a regular basis. FedEx is much smaller than UPS and they are simply unable to handle the large volume that UPS is set up to handle. In attempt to offer lower shipping rates we brought in a second shipping company (UPS) that offered lower prices as another option for our consumers.

All shipping prices on our website are the prices FedEx and UPS offer us and we defiantly do our best to negotiate the lowest prices possible—this allows us to pass on the savings to our customers, thus gaining more business and making our customers happy.

We do still offer FedEx as a method of shipping, however since UPS offered lower prices we made them our primary shipper, this simply means they are the default shipping option. Also, although I know FedEx is a bit more expensive now, they are still an option for those who dislike UPS!

As far as your suggestion about the disclaimer that shows up on the initial item page, I will forward this feedback to upper management. Though we do outline this clearly several times during the check out process, we realize that some people are in such a rush to place their order that they may overlook this, so I do understand your point here. Though UPS 3 days & UPS ground with a (UPS) guarantee of three days or less, is essentially the same thing; this technicality may make a difference to some people. Perhaps your suggestion of putting the entire disclaimer in a bold font and making it a different color may be the solution! We do appreciate your feedback on the matter. Here at Newegg we do take all criticism as constructive so that we may use any useful suggestions to better our business practices and ourselves. We know that no one is perfect and we believe there is ALWAYS room for improvement!

True, we do ask that our customers allow a 24-48 hour processing time for an order to go through our verifications process & ship (even though 98% of our orders do ship out the same business day). This being said, once your order does ship and you see that UPS has taken more thann 3 business days to deliver your package, simply contact us directly & we'll take care of you. We will handle the issue with UPS through our claims department but will refund you as soon as you contact us (so that you don’t have to wait for the claim, etc).

We hope that this answers all of your inquiries! :) 

---

Edit: If anyone else out there has experienced issues with a Newegg order (shipping or non-shipping issue), and you would like support, simply PM me with your Sales Order number (SO#) & your issue. I will be glad to assist with any concern you may have.

Thanks for reading and have a nice afternoon!
August 29, 2006 2:45:58 AM

I also had a problem with newegg's shipping, i ordered parts on i think it was friday night 18th or saturday night19th (i forgot which ), fedex got the package on monday the 22nd of august 9:14 am and the package came to me on friday the 25th, usualy (always) i got the parcel on thursdays (if i ordered that way, which i usualy did) but now i got it on friday the 25th, i contacted newegg, and they said that their "3 day shipping" can take more than 3 days....i was(and still am) very dissapointed, I see no reason why it should take longer than 3 days to deliver a 3 day shipping, i requested from newegg to vawe the costs of shipping, but they declined.
September 12, 2006 11:22:19 PM

Hey Illuminatirex,

Sorry to hear that your product took longer than 3-business days to reach you once we shipped it out. Feel free to PM me with your Sales Order number (SO#) and I’ll see to it that your shipping is credited back to your original method of payment.

Let us know if there is anything else I may do to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you and have a great evening! :) 

Quote:
I also had a problem with newegg's shipping, i ordered parts on i think it was friday night 18th or saturday night19th (i forgot which ), fedex got the package on monday the 22nd of august 9:14 am and the package came to me on friday the 25th, usualy (always) i got the parcel on thursdays (if i ordered that way, which i usualy did) but now i got it on friday the 25th, i contacted newegg, and they said that their "3 day shipping" can take more than 3 days....i was(and still am) very dissapointed, I see no reason why it should take longer than 3 days to deliver a 3 day shipping, i requested from newegg to vawe the costs of shipping, but they declined.
September 27, 2006 8:54:59 AM

scarslilpyro isn't reading all that, and also admires this sites ability to automatically put the cursor in between teh color tags
October 1, 2006 10:35:15 PM

Just a bit of background for anyone who cares :)  Shipping companies and other companies in the USA have a serious problem getting quality workers. The fact is with unemployment down around 4 or 5 % there just arent any free bodies floating around to be hired, let alone skilled drivers with IQ's high enough not to stack the bricks on top of the Eggs. The companies do their best but the labor pool is limited.

I have my fair share of packages beat up on a regular basis and I would not hold the product vendor in account for the Shipper. The shipper has to handle things and unfortunatley they have their own problems.

It's easy to sit back and bitch about companies but usually the people making those complaints have zero understanding of what it is like to run a business. Yes you want what you pay for and the vendor wants you to get it...it is in their best interest that you get it..but they don't control everything.

Just a comment from one hard working small business owner.
October 13, 2006 5:28:40 PM

If products took 10 days to arrive I would still buy from NewEgg...

Though I am currently awaiting a delay due too 2 inches of snow (why is that a Delay? I live in ROCHESTER, 2 inches is nothing), from UPS...

Didnt notice the switch from FEDEX to UPS until now...

My package now wont be here until MONDAY... It was due today (Friday)

This never happened to me before, but this is the first time since they switched to UPS. I had a problem with FedEx once mislabeling my product and resulting in 2 more day of delays. Due to the error, I ended up paying the shipping to remove any confusion or delay, and then requested a full refund without any issue. I wish NewEgg would get a refund of the money they paid for the shipping that is now late.

With that said, NewEgg is the best place to shop at... without question. And if it takes a few more days to receive an item then I will wait... but I hope to make it aware to NewEgg that there is a noticable change in service from FedEx and UPS.

Notice the quickness of NewEgg to correct any issues and respond to this thread.

Mike
October 15, 2006 2:41:13 AM

Turns out, my Item got stuck in Buffalo NY... I had heard they got 2 inches of snow... well they got that 2 inches of snow for 12 hours...

I live in Rochester--- 1 hour from Buffalo (60 miles)... we had a bit of snow, but it melted on the ground

I didnt know that Buffalo got hit so hard. I was angry cause I heard they got 2 inches of snow, and I thought... WAIT, I live in Rochester, and the item is in Buffalo... 2 inches of snow is NOTHING!

Well 24 inches of snow is a different story... All the leaves left on the trees, got snow stuck to them... that caused the trees to fall on powerlines... They are in their first storm of the season, very odd this soon, and well most of the power workers from all around NY are down their triing to fix the city:) 

Mike
October 16, 2006 8:22:48 PM

Newegg has done pretty good by me so far. Pretty much every time I go to them they deliver as advertised, taking into account natural disasters.
October 23, 2006 9:11:26 PM

Hey guys—thanks for your support and feedback!

It’s definitely frustrating for us when the delay in you receiving your package is outside of our control (such as Greenjelly’s issue with the delay caused by the snow storm). Nevertheless, we do like to stand by our guarantee of you receiving your package within 3 business days (or the specified time frame/shipping method you selected). This being said, if your package is EVER delayed, simply PM us with your SO# and we’ll be glad to issue a shipping credit to your original method of payment [consider this an open-invitation to any Tomshardware member!].

Greenjelly—feel free to PM us directly and we’ll be glad to take care of you. :) 
October 24, 2006 1:39:43 AM

Newegg Support Guy... Dont worry about it:) 

Though I have to agree, UPS sucks... my outer packages are always mangled... though your excelent packaging always fixes the issue. They dont deliver on Saturday. And I really dont like their Nascar driver.

NewEgg has gone the extra mile for me so many times that I dont shop for computer parts anywhere else. I wish I could buy my LCD their but I am worried about support. Anyways thats another topic and soon to be a question to a Newegg representative.

I have always have amazing experiances. Also, thanks for the free hat, shirt and license plate cover. I dont have a car, and my head is huge (the hat doesnt fit)... but the AMD shirt is cool... even though I own a Intel:)  But I would rather have a AMD shirt then a Intel one. The gear is going to people who can better use it:)  I appreciate the gift:) 

My sister measured all the head sizes of my mothers side of the families. We are all in the top 96% of head size. We are big headed:)  Most hats dont fit me:) 

Mike
October 30, 2006 10:44:30 PM

Hi there, since Newegg Support is 'here', do u mind if I ask a few question??

recently, I've been trying to purchase an AMD AM2 X2 4000+ processor from Newegg. It's been almost a month already and I COULD NOT get a hand on 1 of them. When they back in-stock, they're out of stock in ~12hrs. No, seriously... :?

I can't afford to stay on the comp. all day to purchase it the moment it's available.

Plus, I really hate having to buy the 4200+ 65W for ~$15 less, just because I REALLY want the extra 1MB cache :( 

my 1st build is completely assembled and been lying there for about a month already, jsut pending on the missing CPU >__<

so is there any way that I can know when it's back in stock?
December 12, 2006 3:20:33 PM

Hey omgitsLong,

We’re sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortunately, I do not see the X2 4000+ on our website at this time (this generally means that we are not expecting the item in for 2+ weeks).

My advice to you (if you are really glued to this model) would be to check back periodically. Once the item shows up on our website, this means that we’ll receive the item within 2 wks. If you haven’t already, click our Auto-Notify button & you’ll receive an e-mail notification as soon as stock is available. To give yourself the best chance of getting an item you're interested in, place an order immediately after receiving an auto-notify email (as some products are in very high demand and tend to sell-out quickly!).

We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions (feel free to PM us for a quicker response). =)
December 13, 2006 12:42:36 AM

I have just had a VERY, VERY negitive experience with Newegg today.

The next day....
OK, so Newegg has done right by me now. I did have to threaten to turn it over to the Sec of State. But, they did honor the original order. I will continue to shop with Newegg and wish them no bad feelings.

Its is good to see they are a stand up company and resolved the issue without it turning ugly.

Thanks Newegg, its good to see Im not the only business that is honorable.
December 27, 2006 3:46:00 PM

Hey Mars ThoC,

We’re certainly glad to hear that your issue has since been resolved. Feel free to PM us if there is anything more we may do to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Just know that we’re always here, should you need our assistance! :) 
December 28, 2006 2:47:58 AM

It really never takes threats... just got to talk to them respectfully, and if you dont get good answers, ask to speak to a manager or post it here, and PM the NewEgg Support Guy...

This is a running record of NewEggs egg-celent support...

Crap, now I sound like a NewEgg Rep.

Mike
December 31, 2006 1:04:13 AM

Ive never had any trouble with Newegg, i just ordered some stuff from them, 2 hours later, the order had been processed and shipped.
January 2, 2007 9:31:29 PM

Well i will stop ordering from newegg.com from know on. Zipzoomfly.com always offers me free 2nd shipping were has Newegg.com charges for ground shipping. Mind you Zipzoomfly.com uses fedez 2nd day free. So my question for newegg.com is how come zipzoomfly beats you on prices and offers free 2nd day shipping from fedex (the higher cost of shipping)?and why would newegg.com loose a customer for over 5 years and orders almost $1000 a month over a price match issue with zipzoomfly.com over $30?
January 3, 2007 1:31:56 AM

Well today clearly was not neweggs best day. i odered parts over the weekend and last night. the order last night shipped today the others will not ship till thursday. parts in stock. rep said there packed and ready to be shipped they just can not ship them because there are to many orderes to ship. yeah i can believe that if the order placed on 12/31 shipped not he oder placed on 1/2 now i will wait for over 7 days for parts. newegg wouldnt even allow me to upgrade to faster service. i even told them i would pay for it, not them. i believe it was because i complained about the price today from zipzoomfly. well at least i will have the heatsink for processor. just not the processor, motherboard, video card. i will post chat session if any one whats to see them.
January 3, 2007 1:34:28 PM

Most heat syncs run at 200mhz these days. Just plug in a monitor keyboard/mouse (if the heat sync has usb ports) and at least you can be using the internet.

If you go to radio shack, they should have heat sync memory, and a network add-on card for no more then $50 each.

Sucks when shipping isn't Now now now now now....
January 3, 2007 7:55:41 PM

You'd have to have a bootable USB key with Linux on it to make it run smooth enough for browsing. I don't think most heat sinks support newer media disc drive standards (DVD, harddrive, etc.), but you may get lucky scrounging a few parts from an old TI calc.

Good luck with that. :wink:
January 3, 2007 8:01:46 PM

Old? My TI85 plays Tetris like you wouldst believe.
January 3, 2007 8:07:22 PM

Hey, whose heatsink are we talking about here? Your TI might be great, but I'm sure your not going to part it out to Cx until his shipment arrives. Don't cause calc envy to make his delays worse.
January 3, 2007 8:12:33 PM

LoL. Too bad I dont use it anymore... was great fun when in class... And I wouldnt part it out for nobody.

Btw: When my car stereo was stolen out of my 86 volvo wagon (lol), They emptied my backback full of $150 school books, including my Ti85 calc, and took the backpack and the $50 radio.

I dont think that level of stupidity even qualifies them for McDonnalds...
January 3, 2007 8:23:34 PM

Possibly Taco Bell. The car...the dumping...the backpack and radio!? :roll: If you knew who did it, I'd be watching the Darwin's. Heck, keep an eye out anyway and see if the backpack/radio is made famous for causing the thief's demise.

[redrum toidi]
January 3, 2007 8:38:16 PM

ahhahahh! I knew who did it actually.

He is in prison in FL serving 8 years for grand larson (repeated theft).
I have a friend who knows his sister.

Oh well... to bad... sniff.
January 3, 2007 9:03:17 PM

"It's a small world after all." It was probably easy to catch him. Sad end (?) to your story, and sad end to thread hijacking. :cry: 

I've never had problems with NewEgg, except once they said the video card I ordered on a Friday (in sig) was out of stock shortly after I finished the transaction. (Didn't charge me, of course, but still a miserable 24 hours thinking I'd never get the card.) The next night I tried ordering again as the site still said "in stock" and it went through! Then it was out of stock. :wink:

Now everyone knows who to blame if they couldn't get a GTO off of NewEgg! :) 
January 28, 2007 9:39:43 AM

I've had good experiences with Newegg, as far as getting my items on time. If I order something on Tuesday, I usually get it by Friday, and sometimes by Thursday. And I live in the midwest, so I'm not that close to them.
November 28, 2008 5:07:41 PM

I will never again order from Newegg. I payed for UPS 2nd day air $23.76 on Wednesday and I will not receive the order in Athens GA until Monday. After checking the order it took over 24 hours for it to get to Dallas TX from Ontario CA which is a 19 hour drive so if it is taking this long for a plane to fly land and be unloaded they suck. Which means to me they loaded my package on a truck to save money doing a 3 day shipment instead of 2nd day air.
December 27, 2008 10:36:31 PM

hey all . for me I ordered a package on friday .. its been now (8 days) and I didn't recieve the damn package . first it took 3 days to reach QC . then the next day I tracked the package and it says that they lost the # of the appartment. I gave them the # again . they told me they'll attempt 2 deliver it with the same day . and again nothin !! its been now 8 days . 2morrow is sunday (weekend) so I think they'll better take the package for good and tell me 2 STFU . cuz thats what they are doing now.
June 12, 2009 2:19:37 AM

i have a question.
does the 3 day service include the day that you ordered it?
June 21, 2009 11:42:52 PM

I used to buy from Newegg exclusively and never was concerned about shipping time. What does bother me though is their packing materials. Everyone knows that static electricity is the enemy of senistive electronics parts, but Newegg insists on packing all their shipping boxes with static charged peanuts. You might say that the parts are in a static resistant bag, and thats true, but they are not static proof, only resistant, and highly charged peanuts can and often do send a spark across the protective layer. Thats one of the reasons you end up sending so much stuff back at your own expense, the other is reshipping RMAed merchandise as new or OEM.

Having switched to a different parts supplier I am certain I'm saving money even though their prices are higher than Newegg, because their shipping practices are practical, and I never seem to have to send anything back at all.

I've contacted Newegg and told them of my concerns but to no avail, they still ship everything in a static charged box of sparks. Its things like these that make me feel Newegg is run by either cheapskates or morons.
November 8, 2009 5:17:39 AM

My dealing with Newegg as a first time buyer
Yes I was told my order would be in the mail as soon as I contacted you that it was on the truck UPS.I see the product RMA #xxxxxxx Is infact on its way to

9997 East Rose Hills Rd.
Whittier, CA 90601-1701
United States of America
ATTN: RMA xxxxxxx Now they are saying that the delivery date is the 11/12/2009.That is ten days so far.Im not going to be doing buisness here anymore if i dont get some sort of comp.This is rediculous.By the time I build this pc its going to be out dated.Now I dont mean to be a bad customer and I spent quite a large amount of money with your company.I made my purchase on 11/3/2009... Tuesday 11/10/2009 I should have my replacement case.As of yet, I dont see you've shipped anything.Plus by the time I build this pc the return date will have EXPIRED for warranty replacement.Also This IS THE 4TH EMAIL attempt to contact.Sincerely im very dicouraged and disappointed and I am thinking of a way to leave a possitive review in the Toms Hardware forum.Also i was told I could have a 25 dollar credit for the inconvenience to which I havent seen this either.Shipping cost should be refunded as well cause the item was a broken/cracked door on my Smilodon Raidmax case which was most of the shipping cost 30LBS worth.I want to be a good customer NEWEGG.Im just not finding a very possitive reason.It's my 4th attemt to have contact with Newegg and havent heard a word.What gives?
November 9, 2009 2:12:45 PM

homeshadow said:
My dealing with Newegg as a first time buyer

Dear homeshadow,

I sincerely apologize that you are having diffculties getting a replacement case.

So we can assist you, please call Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail him at joshua.l.key@newegg.com.

Thank You,
Newegg.com

November 11, 2009 5:05:52 AM

Newegg sent me a form wanting me to review the products I purchased.Hmm...How would I know how they work when I dont have a case to install them into.Then they charged my debt card again for this same purchase.Why because they dont have instore CREDIT!!!What.I paid for something and it was damaged.Then I sent it back to the place they requested.They had my money for the first case that was RMAed.Now im being charged again and They will deposit my money WHEN! After my auto pay bills have bounced at the bank.If I went to a car lot to buy a car would they charge me for two cars if sent one back cause it was defective.All they had to do was send my case they had conformation the other case was in transit to Vernon Ca.And they had my money.Now they are tieing up my funds to pay my bills to.On top of this my new pc equipment is just sitting here running down the days I have to return them if there is a problem with the electronics I purchased.I should'nt have to feel pressured to hurry up and build this fast because they sent me a damaged product.30 days is not enough when half of them are spent waiting for a case to fill.I need a case so I can see if everything works ok.Then I can send in for all the manufacturers rebates.If you cut the proof of purchase off the box Newegg wont except the return.So with this I am waiting.Wondering,Thinking,Have I messed up in buying online.Stay tuned for further updates.Joshua I got your #
November 13, 2009 12:45:55 AM

Ok so I am going to get aholds of Joshua tomorrow. I dont understand this.Oh by the way my pc is smoken hot and super fast.I love it I stayed up till 4:30 am the night I got my case.Did some wire management and Dang what an excellent pc I built.PAT Pat {on the back}.Problem,I bought everything payed in full.Got my case it was damaged.Called in for RMA blah blah Read above^.Got a 25$ refund for comp.Now here's the kicker they charged me again for the new replacement case.Invoice Summary
. Qty Product Description Price
-1 DISCOUNT FOR COMBO #274413 $27.00
Shipped from CA, USA
. -1 RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16811156098 -$79.99
Subtotal -$52.99
Tax $0.00
FedEx Express Saver $0.00
Order Total -$52.99
How do I still owe the $52.99 after a $27 combo discount for what? Maybe im just an idiot.I keep going over this time and time again.I have one case which was included in the $520.42.I sent the broken one back.Now im oweing 52.99 FOR WHAT.I still have 9 more of these to build.If I get over charged 79.00 everytime I build one im done before I get started. 11/12/2009 Inv #-$52.99
-1 x RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Retail
11/9/2009 Inv # Order # $79.99
1 x RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Retail
Inv #53376054 -$25.00
11/8/2009 Inv # Order # $0.00
1 x newegg UPS RMA Return Shipping Label
11/3/2009 Inv # Order # $520.42
1 x RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Retail1 x ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail1 x HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail1 x AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor Model HDZ550WFGIBOX - Retail1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail1 x Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive.New egg please help me figure this out I am so done..
November 13, 2009 4:57:26 PM

Shipping with Newegg was not the best with UPS but a lot better than it is currently. My current order was picked up by DHL and now they have given it to the USPS after holding it for a couple of days. My order started out within the same state and now has been sent 2 states away :fou:  so I hope to maybe have it in 7 days. How can it be cheaper to use 2 carriers and ship 2 memory modules half way across the US and then back I do not understand. Why not put a stamp on it and ship it parcel post and that way I would have it sooner. There shipping model can be a perfect way of how a company can screw up a business. I was a loyal Newegg customer but for me and my office workers that has now changed. Currently looking at other retailers that are more interested in keeping customers satisified than saving a few cents of shipping. :pfff: 
November 14, 2009 1:12:42 AM

Ok! It's Friday the 13th.GUESS what! I just got PWNED from NEWEGG.Get this.I talk with Joshua who was very helpfull in my situation.Everything I explained in my above statements Let me first off say NEWEGG I sincerely owe you an appoligy.Whew! Thats not easy for me.But they truely went above and beyond helping me.Most of the problem was the over charges which there were NONE! Those were refunds.Unfourtunatly there web page does'nt elaborate differances between payment and charges.In our discussion we talked about adding away for the customer to be able to know the differance and said changes would be brought up.I built the pc.It's Smoking fast I tried NFSMost Wanted and Battlefield2142.Both at full resolution.NFS needed shadow detail turned down abit but was flawless.Battlefield2142 um I cant remember cause I was having so much fun.Graphics were totally sick.I didnt know what I was missing.You guys got my list of parts and if not I bet Joshua would hook you up.Just ask for Homeshadows list.Dude It's 75% less than a gaming rig.More memory a new video card and a faster chip later.then your good for another 3 to 5 years.NewEgg Im sold and were going to do alot of buisness.Want to bet on it.Eggcelent service.5 BIG EGGS.
Sincerely One Tough Cookie
November 24, 2009 10:08:20 AM

I've done a bit of shipping before with both UPS and FedEx.

I believe companies like to use UPS shipping because the bulk of their shipments are standard ground delivery(cheaper). UPS is better for ground because that is the bulk of their business whereas FedEx does most their business in AIR express overnight or 2 day delivery service.

You might have paid for a 3 day select service through UPS, but companies sometimes downgrade you to UPS ground service because they think the product can make it to you in 3 days anyways due to your location. The problem with UPS ground service is there is no guarantee you'll get it in 3 days. The only guarantee is it'll make it in 5 days, thus 3-5 day timeframe for UPS ground.

If you ever pay for a 3day select service and get it on the 4th or 5th day, call the retailer and demand a refund of your shipping costs. When you receive your package you call tell if it's "Standard Ground, 3 day select, 2 day air or 1 day air" just by looking at the shipping label on the box.

This is pretty standard practice by a lot of companies for two reasons.
1) they want keep what you paid for express shipping as profit
2) they have product warehouses in strategic areas of the United States since it takes 5 days to standard ground ship from California to Florida, but only 3 days to ship from Texas to New Florida.

November 24, 2009 10:48:38 AM

zigzag71 said:
I will never again order from Newegg. I payed for UPS 2nd day air $23.76 on Wednesday and I will not receive the order in Athens GA until Monday. After checking the order it took over 24 hours for it to get to Dallas TX from Ontario CA which is a 19 hour drive so if it is taking this long for a plane to fly land and be unloaded they suck. Which means to me they loaded my package on a truck to save money doing a 3 day shipment instead of 2nd day air.

The only way you could have gotten you your package by Friday is if they shipped out your order the very same day you placed it. Even if you ordered it early that morning the product still could have shipped the next day resulting in you getting it on Monday since they don't deliver saturday and sundays.

I don't think UPS transports ground packages on a truck. They use trains.

I assume you have already received your package. Did you check the shipping label on the box? It will tell you what shipping method they used. It will either say 2-day air, 3 day select or standard ground.

I still think they used 2 day air service, but didn't ship it out the very same day you placed the order. At what time did you place your order? Keep in mind their shipping office is located in California and UPS pickup service usually comes at 4-5pm to pickup each day so if you placed the order close to that time or even after it, they would have had to ship it next day resulting in you getting it on Monday.

I don't work for newegg or anything, I just have a lot of experience with shipments and the shipping industry.
November 24, 2009 10:52:28 AM

scor87 said:
hey all . for me I ordered a package on friday .. its been now (8 days) and I didn't recieve the damn package . first it took 3 days to reach QC . then the next day I tracked the package and it says that they lost the # of the appartment. I gave them the # again . they told me they'll attempt 2 deliver it with the same day . and again nothin !! its been now 8 days . 2morrow is sunday (weekend) so I think they'll better take the package for good and tell me 2 STFU . cuz thats what they are doing now.

Are you counting the weekends? Keep in mind UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. I don't know if Newegg has warehouses in Canada. If they don't, then shipping can take quite awhile due to it having to go through Customs. It can be held up in customs and Newegg and UPS can't do anything about it.
March 9, 2010 9:07:58 PM

Add me to the list of disappointed former NewEgg customers. My company has bought many things over the years and have been happy in the past; however, this new policy NewEgg seems to have of shipping open-box/RMA'd merchandise as new is inexcusable.

When I spoke with customer service, they told me that the unit had never reached its recipient and never been opened. It had a NewEgg RMA #, which means it reached its destination (it couldn't get a NE RMA# on it w/o having reached its recipient!), plus, it had, in fact, been opened.

I got the standard, "It was new when we shipped it to you, so we'll need to file a claim with UPS." And they don't do advance swaps, so I complained that it was going to take 10 days or more for the item to be replaced. The CSR said, "No, only 3-5 days." I said, "2-3 to get to NewEgg, 2-3 for RMA processing, 1-2 to ship out replacement, and 2-3 shipping time back to us, is this correct? 10+ days?" And she said that that was correct.

Completely unacceptable shipping RMA'd/open-box merchandise as new, completely unacceptable blaming UPS, and completely unacceptable taking so long to replace the item.

NewEgg used to be one of our esteemed and trusted suppliers, but that is no longer the case after this incident.
March 10, 2010 4:06:24 PM

PrecDig said:
My company has bought many things over the years and have been happy in the past; however, this new policy NewEgg seems to have of shipping open-box/RMA'd merchandise as new is inexcusable.

When I spoke with customer service, they told me that the unit had never reached its recipient and never been opened. It had a NewEgg RMA #, which means it reached its destination (it couldn't get a NE RMA# on it w/o having reached its recipient!), plus, it had, in fact, been opened.

Dear PrecDig,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience experienced with your shipment. We do not have a policy of shipping open-boxRMA'd merchandise as new. I would like to obtain your information so I can investigate further. RMA#s are issued to packages that return to us that never received the recipient so we can process a full refund accordingly. However, this would not be on the item itself nor would it have been opened. This is why I would like to investigate this matter for you to get to the bottom of what happened.

A claim with UPS being issued does not mean that we are placing blame on UPS. It's simply the process we go through to get you your resolution. Once a resolution is obtained, this does not mean that we received compensation from UPS either. A claim gets an investigation done so we can know what initiated the issue.

I also agree with you that a customer should not have to wait longer due to an issue not caused by them. At your earliest convenience, please call me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail me at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com.

Thank You,
Newegg.com
March 12, 2010 10:14:08 PM

Meh I am done with Newegg. At first it was all good, great support but now they just say anything to get you to leave happy then they dont actually do what they promised you to leave happy.

Had some serious issues with they're open box products that are quote quote "tested for functionality" according to their policy. I guess tested for functionality mean that they can be used to hit people over the head. Open box Biostar TA790GX 128m fried two processors (AMD Phenom 550 x2, and an EE Sempron single core both which I was surprised AMD accepted the rma even though the mobo caused it). This cost me over 3 weeks of no college computer, would have been longer if I didnt have a replacement motherboard when the processors came in (would have been 1 month). When I brought it up with newegg they said too bad on the processors, and the person who I talked with was very rude, and quite dismissive. I explained to him the extent of how laws protected me as a consumer, and they were stuck paying for the processors that they're motherboard friend under warranty laws because of their statement of "tested for functionality". He just said "Newegg will not reimburse the lost processors, your RMA has been issued good day. He was about to close the chat until I told him I wished to speak to his superior, and asked for his name/department because I would be putting a complain on him and wished to discuss further actions perhaps I'd write a letter to my district attorney. He ended up referring me to the escalations department, the person was much more polite and immediately saw that the laws did indeed protect me and offered to pay for one of the processors which was bought through newegg if AMD would not accept it but they could not pay for the other processor as it was purchased else where. In all honesty I was exhaust already having deal with biostar with RMA, AMD for processor RMA, and Newegg's customer support so I said whatever saved the conversation and shipped the items to their respective manufacturer.

Next I order a GPU, UPS looses the package, and I am left stuck waiting for over a month for the replacement. After which they ship it late, and have to be hassled repeatedly to comply with their promises of next day shipping. I understand that it is not neweggs responsibility they package got lost but Amazon only took but 1 week to send the replacement on $200+ item...

I own a computer shop along with my father and sister, we ordered many products from them but that will stop. Time is money in my case, and newegg has cost me enough already. Besides it's not like their prices are that good anyways (points to microcenter's $199.99 i7-920, and Fry's CPU/Motherboard combos).

Im sticking to Fry's, far better customer support. Replaced my far even after 15 days past the 15-day-memory return policy, we returned over $400 of components due to them not having a replacement for a processor which had been heavily used (Athlon II x4 620). So we ended up having to return several other parts/software (windows 7) they didnt once complain or refuse service.
March 16, 2010 11:11:05 PM

From my personal experiences and from what I've been reading, it may not be prudent to make any major purchases from NewEgg for a while at least.
March 17, 2010 2:07:28 PM

AsAnAtheist said:
At first it was all good, great support but now they just say anything to get you to leave happy then they dont actually do what they promised you to leave happy.

AsAnAtheist,

I am sorry to hear that you had such an unfavoral experience with us. Any agent here that does not do as they say needs to have corrective actions taken against them and I apologize that you were not taken care of appropriately.

Lars Lake said:
From my personal experiences and from what I've been reading, it may not be prudent to make any major purchases from NewEgg for a while at least.

lars lake,

I apologize to you as well that you seem to have had a bad experience and I welcome both of you to contact me to further express your issues to document them appropriately so we can take corrective actions.

Our #1 concern is our customers since without you, we have nothing. It's that simple. Feel free to PM Newegg Support as we are always avaiable to assist you.

Thank You,
Newegg.com
March 21, 2010 9:52:09 PM

I have no issues that I think would or could be resolved in a public forum, however I PMed you some questions and hope to hear from you at your convenience. Thx.
!