fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
noo need to show you guys internet exploded today with info and benchmarks about the new intel cpus.........
if anterior cpus from amd and intel were pretty close when gaming and multitasking.....these new cpus shows an incredible large gap between the two of them....anandtech shows conroe`s performance in gaming are 40% better than same amd 64 x2 (i presume is 4800+ i did`n read all the articles)....and this is not a high end processor from intel ....here cames woodcrest......embrace yourselves guys

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
i`m home fluffy ..... :lol: buy buy amd ...and i`m not an intel funboy my friend i own a a64..and i`ve changed my good opinion about amd since the challenge between athlon xp and nortwood

G

As I said. I don't care. We don't care. There's so many clones of this topic; We just don't need another one ffs.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
looks how is talking about fun boy ..are you affraid amd is history my friend ...and i`m not here to say it it`s just the entire world...i repet i own an a64....
i can`t believe you guys amd had a good processor in his history a64..and now is gone just get use to it boys..

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Will be awesome when Conroe comes out, all you wanker Intel fanboys will have to ask mummy & daddy to buy you one :lol: I like AMD & Intel equally (I own both chips and use them both frequently), I'm quite interested inseeing both plateforms rumble in the upcoming months, but you guys are soo pathetic it's not funny. :roll:

Wait for the chip to come out, give it a few weeks for the bugs to be fixed and then wait for the benchmarks you guys cheese your pants over! Don't keep mass-debating over pre-production benchmarks :evil:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
First of all Im not a fanboy I have both Intel and AMD.

Just becuase Conroe has more performance boost than older chip and more powerful than AMD current chip it doesn't necessarily means its the end of AMD. It just makes AMD comes out strong and would come out with new chip architecture that is faster than Intels Conroe. I like it when the two manufacturer compete and those bringing out more powerful chip every year.

Real fanboy would support their product but not of condeming the other.

Lacostiade

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
I dont think that AMD is gone, let's all jsut wait and see what's gonna happen.

AMD have been planning for dual-core since 1998 and i don't think they'll make all that effort wash away in less than two hours

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
come on i prefer intel yes i do but i don't think AMD is going to stand on their shoes and just watch, i think you sould wait and see what they have up their sleeves , this war is just good for us better cpu's with less money :)

Ninjax

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
this is it boys .......conroe, intel core microarchitecture equals funeral for amd
lol. I hope you're wearing your finest asbestos underwear.
i like your sense of humour...u r incredibly funny

this is it boys .......conroe, intel core microarchitecture equals funeral for amd

no so much funeral but a leapfrog - intel will lead for a year or two cause they played there cards right for once - conroe vs am2, soon as amd gets 65nm intel gets 45nm, if amd makes somethin quicker by then intel will have integrated mem controllers etc.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
A funeral for AMD? How funny! LOL

I for one am totally sick of the Intel bashing myself. I will say I'm very happy that I discovered my opteron but damn, these forums, every day you open them up and its AMD this, AMD that ... Geez, let it go people!

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
yeah, it looks impressive but:

1) Why AMD processor is identified by AMD Processor model Unknown?

2) Would you blindly believe in benchmarks provided by a processor manufacturer? Obviously they would show only results where they win...

3) Why did intel overclocked FX-60? As far as i know it runs at 2.6 ghz so it would be very close to 2.66 conroe... are they giving amd some advantage or is this just an excuse to some tweaked amd processor or what?

well, i'm being very skeptical... i dont believe in results showed by a manufacturer; worstly, before its products being lauched. But i think competition is good for us consumers. I think all fanboys are retarded, wether amd or intel. They just forget about price/value ratio and seem to believe only in what they want...
I have owned amd chips for the last 4 years coz it has better price/value... but i would definetly swith to intel IF IT HAS A COMPETITIVE PRICE, what is something i haven't seen from intel in these 4 years...

EDIT:
if you read the article right:
"Next up is a Half Life 2 Lost Coast demo, once more an Intel supplied demo but there's only so much you can do to a demo recording to make it favor one CPU maker over another"

"no so much funeral but a leapfrog "

That's one helluva leap, too...

A current architecture/DDR X2 would have to be clocked at 4GHz to challene a 2.66 COnroe...

I can't wait to see how how the lower clocked Conroes behave, but it would not surprise me to see 2Ghz Conroes spanking 3 GHz X2 rigs....which is incrdible....!

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
And this is where sites such as Toms are there for us, to look after these things. Besides, another site has already done their own test and in the article, they used a FEAR test that was not Intel provided. They clearly stated that.

F.E.A.R. gets its own page for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the only gaming benchmark that we're using that doesn't use an Intel provided demo. This is the same demo we use in our tests.

They overclocked the AMD to prove a point and to somewhat make the AMD more like what it will be, by the end of the year. AMD is almost at their peak as far as clock speeds go with their current technology.

Not sure about the BIOS thing and why the AMD didn't display properly. That does sound a little fishy to me. But then again, we're not there, Toms Hardware is.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
AMD will sue Intel for raping...
What we can see from the IDF simply is raping at its worst.
Intel is not even trying hard but still AMDs fastest CPU (FX-60 overclocked to its max (2.8 GHz)) gets served by over 30%, yes 30%

Now AMD is getting raped, the funeral will be when the Conroe EE @ 3.33 GHz is introduced.

Cant wait until those Fanboys (BullSh!tter/9-inch, dvdpiddy, MadModMike) come in whining and crying :lol:

clarkbark

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
All I got to say is AMD better stay with the compitition & have a chip that can compete with the Conroe. It's been a long time since we have seen a chip maker switch there architecture (finally realizing whats better). It seems that everytime Intel takes lead (which is more often then AMD fanboys think) they just increase the Mhz of the chip and they think they have made somthing completely new.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
AMD will sue Intel for raping...
What we can see from the IDF simply is raping at its worst.
Intel is not even trying hard but still AMDs fastest CPU (FX-60 overclocked to its max (2.8 GHz)) gets served by over 30%, yes 30%

Now AMD is getting raped, the funeral will be when the Conroe EE @ 3.33 GHz is introduced.

Cant wait until those Fanboys (BullSh!tter/9-inch, dvdpiddy, MadModMike) come it whining and crying :lol:
i'm not whining and i aint crying i know that amd has an ace up their sleeve!

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Why are people bitching if theres a more powerful processor out? What the hell does it matter who makes it? AMD had a lead over Intel with the Athlon 64. Now Intel might have a lead over AMD. Guess what that means? Faster FPS in your games and quicker computing everywhere else. If it really is faster, buy Intel. If it isn't, buy AMD still. I go to whoevers quicker. I don't give a crap whether its an AMD or an Intel as long as its fast. My first custom built computer was at first an Athlon 2700+. I had some problems with it from getting a defective motherboard and RAM. In that time Intel released the P4s with the 800MHz FSB and they were a little quicker than the AMDs. So I returned the AMD stuff and got that. Now I'm back to AMD. For my next system, I'll once again get whoevers faster at the time. As all of you should do. Nothings wrong with brand loyalty but to argue over who might be better is freakin retarded. Just wait and see and shut up till then.