Calling All Silence Lovers: JingTing Chipset Cooler

mfurse

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to generate some interest with regard to getting some of the JingTing heatpipe chipset sinks shipped to the UK.

Review 1:http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/review.php?item=jingting&file=1
Review 2:http://www.hardwarexl.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=38

These are particularly useful if you are a DFI lanparty nf4 owner and want a quieter and more efficient chipset cooler (not to mention very cool looking). Please reply to the thread I have started here at Kustom PC's to show your interest, hopefully they will be so kind as to find a supplier who can get them!

I'm sure theres enough UK silence lovers out there to make it worthwhile!

Matt

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
looks good, it'll be worthwhile w/o the fan attached... like no airflow at 21dbs??.

also, as the review said, it still has problems w/ the dfi sli boards.. darn it =[

mfurse

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
It does with the Expert as it will cover the second PCIe 16x slot or the nVRaid Sata connectors if its mounted square-on with the chipset.

But it can be angled, and the heatpipe adjusted for length as its just clamped between a copper baseplate and the top plate. I reckon on my SLI-D I could mount it facing parallel with the graphics card and the heatpipe would only cover 2 of the NVRaid ports. The other two could be used with right-angled SATA cables ;)

Worst comes to the worst I will angle it up away from the ports. Judging by its performance its worth trying to squeeze it onto the board!

Shame thermalright havent made a custom SI-120 or summit with a block that sprouts off the side on the end of a heatpipe to connect to the chipset - could be like a cheapo watercooling setup for air!

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Some of the newer boards are coming with heatpipe solutiuons that put the heatsink by the exhaust fan. While I can't complain about my board (The heatsink is low, copper, and quiet), I'd probably look into one of those boards if I were looking for a different motherboard today.