Video Problems

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I just build a new system for a client and she is now reporting video problems.

she says when the machine/monitor goes to sleep it wont wake back up. also sometimes when she restars the machine the video will still not come up.

I have already had her disable the screen saver, sleep mode, and hibernation. the problem still persists.

at this point im almost 100% sure its the video card but i wanted to get some more insight from others.

Antec SLK3000
Enermax Liberty 400W
P4 3.0 64bit HT LGA775
1GB ram
120GB HD
Intel D945 series Mobo
EVGA 6200 PCIe Video card
DVD burner
Floppy/card reader
Samsung 740N 17" LCD

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
not sure but from what she is telling me the machine wont wake after hitting keys or moving the mouse

i didnt play around with the bios setting aside from the boot order which is floppy, optical, hd, net. every thing else was left default

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Just thought it was a place to remind you to check so that the machine can be wokeup! I hope it is a simple BIO's setting issue, that beats the heck out of RMA's!

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
ill look into it but as i said the bios is default in that area. i dont think that intel would be neglectfull to enable this feature in the manufaturing process.

could you tell me the S1 and S2 settings. is S1 the keyboard and S2 the mouse. or is it the other way around.

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I wish it was that simple (setting it is not that hard) but it isn't really hard, and usually it ends up, S3 anykey, etc....

But, so you don't have to keep returning, read what the motherboard manual says about its particular possibilities. Then it usually ends up at about two to three lines in the bio's and a save settings changes and you restart to check that the changes took place as intended.