Raspberry Pi Gets a Turbo Mode to Take it To 1GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
What do raspberry pi and Kickstarter have in common?

They're two things I can't wait for people on tech sites to stop bringing up on a near-daily basis.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
too bad it only has 256MB RAM (makes browsing the web and doing other basic functions quite difficult)

I ended up selling mine and will wait for a devide with at elast 1GB of memory.

Ohmybad

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
the PI isnt made to be an internet browser, it in fact can... but it's a learning tool for basic programming and other linux based applications. they're a lot of fun to play with and learn with!

for it being a customized cellphone platform of sorts (S.o.C +size +price)

cool beans

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
When I was at RPI, we [well not really me, since I wasn't a grad student and technically not invited, but I did tag along a couple of times] played Star Craft to stress test the networking lab :)

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I installed the new version with turbo boost at 1GHz, but it seems just as slow as before. Hopefully they will release the Android 4.0 port soon, because the demo videos looked very smooth. Android would make the Raspberry Pi much more functional than it currently is.

jardeath

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]gallidorn[/nom]I installed the new version with turbo boost at 1GHz, but it seems just as slow as before. Hopefully they will release the Android 4.0 port soon, because the demo videos looked very smooth. Android would make the Raspberry Pi much more functional than it currently is.[/citation]

Did you change the overclock preset after updating to the new version?

You can see both how this is done here, as well as get an idea of the performance increase.

http://www.rootusers.com/raspberry-pi-turbo-mode-for-increased-performance/

Status
Not open for further replies.