Getting inline with the landing strip...

Hi I have no problem taking off and no problem flying but i just can't
land at all because I can never tell if i am inline with the landing
strip until it is too late. I have tried using the map to see if i am
over to far but I can never tell exactly if I am inline with it. is
there any feature in the game or something that can let me know if i am
inline with the landing strip or not?
Thank You

More about getting inline landing strip

    As you approach the runway, one of the things you look at is the centerline
    of the runway. It should appear pointed directly at you. If not, try to
    see which way it is pointed. If it's pointed to your right, apply small
    corrections to the right early as you approach. When you do that, your
    aircraft will point off to the right of the runway. Fly at this heading
    until the centerline point right at you. Than correct the heading to fly at
    the runway. Don't wait to apply large corrections until the end.

    This visual approach can get tricky if there is a crosswind. As you
    approach the runway all lined up but if it seem to drift left or right there
    may be a crosswind. Than, the heading needs to be corrected; the nose of
    the aircraft needs to point away from the center of the runway towards the
    up wind direction to keep the aircraft flying on a right path to the runway.
    It takes some practice.

    Emilio.

    "CoasterXtreme" <CoasterXtreme@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have no problem taking off and no problem flying but i just can't
    > land at all because I can never tell if i am inline with the landing
    > strip until it is too late. I have tried using the map to see if i am
    > over to far but I can never tell exactly if I am inline with it. is
    > there any feature in the game or something that can let me know if i am
    > inline with the landing strip or not?
    > Thank You

    I think you should go through the flying lessons in the sim, especially
    flying the pattern or circuit. This is probably the only way to get it to
    become automatic. I think it is the most difficult part of PPL training.

    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    An individual reply goes into my spam filter
    "CoasterXtreme" <CoasterXtreme@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have no problem taking off and no problem flying but i just can't
    > land at all because I can never tell if i am inline with the landing
    > strip until it is too late. I have tried using the map to see if i am
    > over to far but I can never tell exactly if I am inline with it. is
    > there any feature in the game or something that can let me know if i am
    > inline with the landing strip or not?
    > Thank You

    HI guys, I would say like the others practice is the best way to get
    use to do something.Pay attention to landing lessons and practice.You
    can also watch VASI on left side of landing runwayduring approch,this
    will help you to get a good glideslope.Some peoples have less
    difficulty to land when they use virtual cocpit vew.A good thing to
    remember when landing is to stay smouth with controls, many beginners
    panic on approch and play to much with pedals and yoke,be gentle with
    your plane on final,everything will be fine.Enjoy your flight and
    landind...

    "CoasterXtreme" <CoasterXtreme@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have no problem taking off and no problem flying but i just can't
    > land at all because I can never tell if i am inline with the landing
    > strip until it is too late. I have tried using the map to see if i am
    > over to far but I can never tell exactly if I am inline with it. is
    > there any feature in the game or something that can let me know if i am
    > inline with the landing strip or not?
    > Thank You

    Use the numeric keypad keys to look around, both to judge when to turn onto
    base and when to turn onto final. I always found them invaluable in getting
    the timing right. This is one area where flight sim is harder than real
    life, as your field of view and ease of looking is harder in the sim.

    I have more recently been using TrackIR, which makes it all much easier,
    highly recommended.

    Phil

    Or what you can do for a little guide is dial in the freq of the ILS in the
    Nav 1 radio and watch your gauges. You will see the marks in the bottom and
    the right hand side. You can use this as a guide if your a little off.

    You can also go to an outside view from the rear and spot your plane to the
    runway. But your easiest bet is to spot it at the far end of the runway not
    the closest point to you.

    Mark G.
    Not4wood
    TransInternationalAirlines.com

    "j.p." <j.p.@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > HI guys, I would say like the others practice is the best way to get
    > use to do something.Pay attention to landing lessons and practice.You
    > can also watch VASI on left side of landing runwayduring approch,this
    > will help you to get a good glideslope.Some peoples have less
    > difficulty to land when they use virtual cocpit vew.A good thing to
    > remember when landing is to stay smouth with controls, many beginners
    > panic on approch and play to much with pedals and yoke,be gentle with
    > your plane on final,everything will be fine.Enjoy your flight and
    > landind...

    Hello Guys ,another thing can help you,use small plane like cesna 172
    or mooney,set radio nav. on ILS freq.set course,on approch watch both
    needle on VOR dial,vertical one is for lining up try to keep it strait
    and the horizontal one is for glide,work to keep that one in the middle
    to strait horizontal.Follow carfully movement of needles and work
    gently to keep them line up.If horizontal needle going down push on
    yoke or joystick to recapture needle it if needle is going up this mean
    you are to low,don't pull on yoke to much to increase altitude just
    bring your plane strait horizontal and wait for needle coming back to
    middle.When needle start to going down again push slowly on yoke to
    keep descent.This exercise need practice but for sure will brink you at
    the exact position on runway to do a pecfect landing.and at the end
    don't forget hemline before touchdown.God bless you enjoy your flight.

    HI Bryan,I found in dictionnary translation for french
    word "arrondi" helmline.What I mean exactly is the last operation a
    pilot must do just before tuchdown pull on yoke a little bit just to
    make sure the front gear touch the ground after main gear.If you have
    the right expression please let me know,don't forget II'm french and
    I'm doing my best to be understand but sometime I might use words
    different from those you use normaly,sorry.

    In article <1117029489.24694@forums.simradar.com>, j.p.
    @forums.simradar.com says...
    > HI Bryan,I found in dictionnary translation for french
    > word "arrondi" helmline.What I mean exactly is the last operation a
    > pilot must do just before tuchdown pull on yoke a little bit just to
    > make sure the front gear touch the ground after main gear.If you have
    > the right expression please let me know,don't forget II'm french and
    > I'm doing my best to be understand but sometime I might use words
    > different from those you use normaly,sorry.

    I believe the English word you are looking for is flare.

    IT's me again,what is the word who mean raise airplane nose before
    touchdown.

    > the exact position on runway to do a pecfect landing.and at the end
    > don't forget hemline before touchdown.God bless you enjoy your flight.

    Ok, so there is new aviation term I haven't heard before. If I'm not wearing
    my favorite frock whilst flying,what is a hemline?

    Bryan

    P.S My favorite frock is a nice blue with matching purse and shoes

    Hi Lawn Dart,

    Although, I suppose in your case, hemlines might be a consideration

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Microsoft Video Games