Tunneling newbie?

Archived from groups: comp.security.misc,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Hi, I am trying to figure out tunneling so I can get past obnoxious
Thai censorship (example http://webscreen.ku.ac.th/unautherized/). I
know almost nothing about it and have tried to find a few simple FAQs
but either they have been too technical or don't seem to answer my
question (I am sure I could find it given enough time but though I
would just ask the gurus instead).
1. Are there any good/easy/windows tunneling clients out there?
2. Are there free "places" (proxies? Not sure of terminology here)
one can connect to?
3. Are anon/transparent proxies the same or similar?
Any other comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to figure out tunneling so I can get past obnoxious
> Thai censorship (example http://webscreen.ku.ac.th/unautherized/). I
> know almost nothing about it and have tried to find a few simple FAQs
> but either they have been too technical or don't seem to answer my
> question (I am sure I could find it given enough time but though I
> would just ask the gurus instead).
> 1. Are there any good/easy/windows tunneling clients out there?
> 2. Are there free "places" (proxies? Not sure of terminology here)
> one can connect to?
> 3. Are anon/transparent proxies the same or similar?
> Any other comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It's for you or for a friend of you. Your headers say you are not
posting from Thailand. If you just want to bypass your enterprise
firewall just say it, it's not a crime (in most countries I think).

> Cheers
>
> -Gaiko

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
-- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
> gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi, I am trying to figure out tunneling so I can get past obnoxious
> > Thai censorship (example http://webscreen.ku.ac.th/unautherized/).
> > know almost nothing about it and have tried to find a few simple
FAQs
> > but either they have been too technical or don't seem to answer my
> > question (I am sure I could find it given enough time but though I
> > would just ask the gurus instead).
> > 1. Are there any good/easy/windows tunneling clients out there?
> > 2. Are there free "places" (proxies? Not sure of terminology here)
> > one can connect to?
> > 3. Are anon/transparent proxies the same or similar?
> > Any other comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> It's for you or for a friend of you.

Its for me

> Your headers say you are not
> posting from Thailand.

Sorry to confuse you but I *am* in thailand.

> If you just want to bypass your enterprise
> firewall just say it, it's not a crime (in most countries I think).

I assume my header said it was from elsewhere (probably
GB/korea/france) because i have used proxies from those places
recently. Not sure how to convince you otherwise (I am in a net cafe
now, maybe my header reflectts that not sure).

Not sure how whether-or-not-i-am-in-thailand is really relevant but it
can be a crime here and much worse of a crime in other countries (try
Burma, yes its an issue for me since I do work there sometimes).

I simplely wanted to know more about Tunneling, any help (about
tunneling) would be appricated.

Cheers

-Davidson

> Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
> Director Tecnico de bgSEC
> jkerouac@bgsec.com
> bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos
> http://www.bgsec.com
> ESPAÑA
>
> The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to
live,
> mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same
time,
> the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn
> like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
> -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Archived from groups: comp.security.misc,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com wrote:
>>Your headers say you are not
>>posting from Thailand.
>

> Sorry to confuse you but I *am* in thailand.

Your first post was from the UK. In this post the
headers say you are posting from Thailand. It sounds
strange...

But have in mind that I don't mind at all if you are
posting from Thailand or not.

If you have port 22 open the best way it's to tunnel
traffic through SSH, that way you have encryption.
You can also try OpenVPN if you have the port it uses
open. There are also ICMP tunneling options and
port 80/tcp tunneling programs.

Anyway you need a proxy in another machine that routes
your traffic.

You can also try to find in google a free anonymizer
service that let you surf the web in anonymous way.

There are a lot of solutions. Just google a bit and
you surely find one. The solutions I've used are
too old to be recommended and are Linux based.

Regards.

--

www.anonymizer.com