Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Intel's Business Model Revealed

Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 8, 2006 4:59:29 PM

For years, Intel sells underpowered over priced CPUs that consume tons of power and run as hot as a toaster oven.

And the loyal Intel fans worshiped and proclaimed the virtues of Intel.

Only when seriously challenged by AMD does Intel suddenly and miraculously reveal a CPU that apparently will deliver a little bang for the buck at reasonable power levels and temperatures. Intel just sorta produced something that actually works ... like out of thin air and almost immediately too.

And the loyal Intel fans who have been suckered in all this time by overpriced, inferior and inefficient products continue, more loudly than ever, to sing the praises of Intel ... like they don't even know how badly and how long Intel screwed them.

Gotta love them Intel loyalists. They may be stupid but at least they are really really stupid.
March 8, 2006 6:26:17 PM

Quote:
For years, Intel sells underpowered over priced CPUs that consume tons of power and run as hot as a toaster oven.

And the loyal Intel fans worshiped and proclaimed the virtues of Intel.

Only when seriously challenged by AMD does Intel suddenly and miraculously reveal a CPU that apparently will deliver a little bang for the buck at reasonable power levels and temperatures. Intel just sorta produced something that actually works ... like out of thin air and almost immediately too.

And the loyal Intel fans who have been suckered in all this time by overpriced, inferior and inefficient products continue, more loudly than ever, to sing the praises of Intel ... like they don't even know how badly and how long Intel screwed them.

Gotta love them Intel loyalists. They may be stupid but at least they are really really stupid.


I 111% agree, an AMD Fanboy has knowledge on products, Intel Trolls just spout out garbage that half the time, isn't even true.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 8, 2006 7:03:51 PM

You're a stupid tool for posting this. Have you actually used an Intel chip.
Mine runs at bellow 40(O_o_O) even in full load.
Yeah,i have a Northwood that beats AMD XP period(its past competitor).

Untill now there were very few who would like the idea of putting up with AMDs heat and instability and you're talking about AMD performance lead in the past? Well AMD never actually hold the performance crown untill now(bar the AMD Athlon vs P3,that's debatable). Now it has changed. BUT AMDs current lead wont last for long.
Keep your insults to yourself and shave the AMD chip up your a^&

P.S.
Why in the past did companies chosed Intel? Cause they wanted to spent countless more money? I guarantee you NOT! Let's take a simple example: at a LAN party in 2002. Chosing AMD cause heat and a lot of maintainance probs that's why Intel was the only possible choice.
Related resources
March 8, 2006 7:06:25 PM

Quote:
You're a stupid tool for posting this. Have you actually used an Intel chip.
Mine runs at bellow 40(O_o_O) even in full load.
Yeah,i have a Northwood that beats AMD XP period(its past competitor).

Untill now there were very few who would like the idea of putting up with AMDs heat and instability and you're talking about AMD performance lead in the past? Well AMD never actually hold the performance crown untill now(bar the AMD Athlon vs P3,that's debatable). Now it has changed. BUT AMDs current lead wont last for long.
Keep your insults to yourself and shave the AMD chip up your a^&

P.S.
Why in the past did companies chosed Intel? Cause they wanted to spent countless more money? I guarantee you NOT! Let's take a simple example: at a LAN party in 2002. Chosing AMD cause heat and a lot of maintainance probs that's why Intel was the only possible choice.


How many times have I said I've used almost every AMD/Intel CPU from 486 on, are you just that thick and R-Tarded? In the past Intel was chosen for the same reason they are now, Marketing & Un-Ethical behavior.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 8, 2006 7:17:15 PM

Nope,i posted an example that's valid. One who needs 10+ computer in a confined space with dust does not need heating AMDs. I actually talked to him(about 4-5 years ago). He knew better and certainly didn't want to waste money
AMD then were generating more heat and consuming more power. Prove me wrong please. Show me a T Berd runing cool on stock.
March 8, 2006 7:19:20 PM

Quote:
Nope,i posted an example that's valid. One who needs 10+ computer in a confined space with dust does not need heating AMDs. I actually talked to him(about 4-5 years ago). He knew better and certainly didn't want to waste money
AMD then were generating more heat and consuming more power. Prove me wrong please. Show me a T Berd runing cool on stock.


Show me an Intel Troll with an IQ above 75 and a sperm count above 500 because all you Trolls have been Jackin' it to Conroe so much.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 8, 2006 7:28:27 PM

I'm waiting :roll:
March 8, 2006 7:40:33 PM

Cut the crap mike, your just an AMD troll trying to masquerade as a knowledgeable consumer. Almost every topic you have posted on has either resulted in you a) Insulting the intelligence of Intel defenders and proclaiming the genius of all AMD users. b) Bullying those who post on the forums who have fewer post numbers than you, or completely disrespecting those who are more knowledgeable than you are. c) you even went so far as to defend 9-inch after he posted that cluster fuck of a post on how biased toms is. You have the vocabulary of a 5th grader who just discovered curse words, as you use them regularely to verbally abuse those who disagree with you. It is posters like you that have caused me to leave other forums because when they came it signed the end of the forum as an intelligent medium to converse in. I hope to god this does not happen to Toms. Do Toms a favor mike either A) Grow up and act the age you claim to be or B) Get out of dodge!
March 8, 2006 7:40:48 PM

I really DO NOT think that thi smodel is a REVELATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it's kinda old, I wont say anything about "un-ethical behaviour" but I will say these: M4RK371N6.

Intel always had better marketing skillz than AMD (even if they products were a 5|-|17), and MANY ppl is......well.........just dumb and they will throw themselves to hell if they're ordered to, the most recognized mind-washing phrase I've EVER EVER EVER hear was Intel Inside xD

I bet if everything was reversed (first amd>intel then amd<=intel) now everybody would curse AMD
March 8, 2006 7:46:20 PM

Why did you replied that to me. I can quite understand that my English may not be good enough for some standards but the last thing i am is an AMD defender.
Be careful to which post you reply. It may lead to confusion.
March 9, 2006 4:10:03 AM

Mike, go get a job with AMD and please do us a favor and don't us another Intel chip again since you don't care for it.
March 9, 2006 4:49:36 AM

Quote:
Nope,i posted an example that's valid. One who needs 10+ computer in a confined space with dust does not need heating AMDs. I actually talked to him(about 4-5 years ago). He knew better and certainly didn't want to waste money
AMD then were generating more heat and consuming more power. Prove me wrong please. Show me a T Berd runing cool on stock.


First of all this is 2006 not 2001/2002. The heat problems Intel has are now. Any test you run on current available chips will demonstrate this.

I don't know about you, but I live in the present. I lived 4-5 years ago too, but lets move forward shall we.

hell if we all stayed in the past we'd never get anything done. Some people think that because something is cheaper in price means it's in some way inferior, while this can be the case most of the time... it's not the case all of the time.
March 9, 2006 4:58:03 AM

Quote:
Cut the crap mike, your just an AMD troll trying to masquerade as a knowledgeable consumer. Almost every topic you have posted on has either resulted in you a) Insulting the intelligence of Intel defenders and proclaiming the genius of all AMD users. b) Bullying those who post on the forums who have fewer post numbers than you, or completely disrespecting those who are more knowledgeable than you are. c) you even went so far as to defend 9-inch after he posted that cluster **** of a post on how biased toms is. You have the vocabulary of a 5th grader who just discovered curse words, as you use them regularely to verbally abuse those who disagree with you. It is posters like you that have caused me to leave other forums because when they came it signed the end of the forum as an intelligent medium to converse in. I hope to god this does not happen to Toms. Do Toms a favor mike either A) Grow up and act the age you claim to be or B) Get out of dodge!

you know.. when i first saw mike on "Intel released mother of all FUD" thread, i thought he was a little quick tempered. but after dealing with intel fanboyz.. i must say.. they are REALLY REALLY REALLY freakin dumb. they only know how to insult people and point fingers when they don't even provide facts to back up their statements.
example from "mother of all FUD":
someone: intel doesn't even know what they're talking about
intel fanboyz: no they have excellent structure you mo*on. intel is better than amd because they beat k8 in almost everyway
someone: show me then
intel fanboyz go to futuremark.com, and got himself a really nice report of how his computer performed when OCed.
intel fanboyz: here you go. ha intel is better.
March 9, 2006 5:02:54 AM

Quote:
Nope,i posted an example that's valid. One who needs 10+ computer in a confined space with dust does not need heating AMDs. I actually talked to him(about 4-5 years ago). He knew better and certainly didn't want to waste money
AMD then were generating more heat and consuming more power. Prove me wrong please. Show me a T Berd runing cool on stock.

hey GEEK, you know that i no longer use P4 prescoot 2.66Ghz as a processor, but i use it to heat my room when i'm cold.
March 9, 2006 8:36:04 AM

Read the first post and then you'll see why i made connections to the past.
The author says that Intel always came up with weak products. I strongly disagree on this one.
March 9, 2006 8:39:40 AM

Quote:
Mike, go get a job with AMD and please do us a favor and don't us another Intel chip again since you don't care for it.


Psst... don't tell him to do dat. He may get a job there, and AMD will be doomed... He'll prolly spend all their money. 8O
March 9, 2006 9:50:18 AM

This is all well and good, but I put a couple of grand into intc, expecting that IDF would send them way up from the $20.63 purchase price.
I just checked current price 20.01.
March 9, 2006 12:37:21 PM

I hope later you don't look back and wished you had hindsight. Be patient, things will turn around.
March 9, 2006 7:35:12 PM

you mean like ycon and how he worshipped the prescott when it was getting beaten by the athlon
March 9, 2006 7:47:23 PM

It's interesting that everyone is debating Intel vs AMD. Years ago, Motorola made a chip that beat Intel hands down.
March 9, 2006 9:02:33 PM

How many decades was that?
!