Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sonicwall - The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP r..

Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

i had a VPN-Connection with a SonicWall Client (2.0) which was working quite
well.

Due to a client-response i have installed a Cisco VPN Client. After them it
was impossible to get access via the SonicWall Client. I get always the
message "the peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests".

I've de-installed all cisco-programms but it was still not possible to get
access.

Does anybody have an idea what i can do.

Regards, Gerry
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:47:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Gerry Meier wrote:
> i had a VPN-Connection with a SonicWall Client (2.0) which was working quite
> well.
>
> Due to a client-response i have installed a Cisco VPN Client. After them it
> was impossible to get access via the SonicWall Client. I get always the
> message "the peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests".
>
> I've de-installed all cisco-programms but it was still not possible to get
> access.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what i can do.
>
> Regards, Gerry
>
>

You are hosed. NEVER install a second vpn cliet on a machine. Never.
You will likely have to re-install os, then sonicwall client, to get it
to work again.

--
T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
May be copied freely without the express permission of T. Sean Weintz.
T. Sean Weintz could care less. T. Sean Weintz does reserve all rights.
T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 12:50:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

in the meantime i've re-configured only my network-adapter. this was helping
and everything works fine.

"T. Sean Weintz" <strap@nserts-r-us.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:421e2f52$0$44643$c0de7616@dsl.net...
> Gerry Meier wrote:
>> i had a VPN-Connection with a SonicWall Client (2.0) which was working
>> quite well.
>>
>> Due to a client-response i have installed a Cisco VPN Client. After them
>> it was impossible to get access via the SonicWall Client. I get always
>> the message "the peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests".
>>
>> I've de-installed all cisco-programms but it was still not possible to
>> get access.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea what i can do.
>>
>> Regards, Gerry
>
> You are hosed. NEVER install a second vpn cliet on a machine. Never.
> You will likely have to re-install os, then sonicwall client, to get it to
> work again.
>
> --
> T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
> May be copied freely without the express permission of T. Sean Weintz.
> T. Sean Weintz could care less. T. Sean Weintz does reserve all rights.
> T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
>
>
Related resources
February 13, 2009 12:31:43 PM

So now it's working fine...by reconfiguring your network-adapter? Can you tell me/us how/what you did to the network-adapter to get the sonicwall client to work?

K

Quote:
Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

in the meantime i've re-configured only my network-adapter. this was helping
and everything works fine.

"T. Sean Weintz" <strap@nserts-r-us.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:421e2f52$0$44643$c0de7616@dsl.net...
> Gerry Meier wrote:
>> i had a VPN-Connection with a SonicWall Client (2.0) which was working
>> quite well.
>>
>> Due to a client-response i have installed a Cisco VPN Client. After them
>> it was impossible to get access via the SonicWall Client. I get always
>> the message "the peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests".
>>
>> I've de-installed all cisco-programms but it was still not possible to
>> get access.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea what i can do.
>>
>> Regards, Gerry
>
> You are hosed. NEVER install a second vpn cliet on a machine. Never.
> You will likely have to re-install os, then sonicwall client, to get it to
> work again.
>
> --
> T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
> May be copied freely without the express permission of T. Sean Weintz.
> T. Sean Weintz could care less. T. Sean Weintz does reserve all rights.
> T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz - T. Sean Weintz
>
>

October 1, 2009 3:05:03 PM

I don't know about reconfiguring the network adapter, but I had the same error (on Windows 7 RTM) and I managed to get connected by running the GVC as administrator. It's odd because I don't recall ever having to do that before.
January 29, 2013 8:39:47 PM

Aerankas said:
I don't know about reconfiguring the network adapter, but I had the same error (on Windows 7 RTM) and I managed to get connected by running the GVC as administrator. It's odd because I don't recall ever having to do that before.


You rock, but I don't understand. This worked a couple days ago and today I had to run as Admin. Thanks!

fat
!