The Definitive Fanboy Showdown

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Well, in the past DAY, there have been thousands of Intel Fanboy & Troll posts because of an Intel setup benchmark using these "Modified ATI Drivers" and an AMD DFI ATI Board that is known for bad performance, not sure why even all the neutral parties have become the hugest Intel Trolls lately, but it's pretty disgusting. I'll admit, I can be a flaming retarded fanboy alot of the time, but I bring extensive knowledge to the table and try not to flame for no reason, but there are at least 15 new threads started just because of these Conroe benchmarks, seriously, look at the facts:

1) It took Intel 3 years to Meet/Beat the K8

2) AMD has 2 new architectures/revisions planned for the next 12 months, K8L and K10.

3) Not saying the benchmarks were rigged, but what happened to "we don't believe what companies say"? It seems every "neutral" person is now an Intel Troll.

What happened? Everybody, even some AMD Fanboys, have become Intel Trolls overnight because of 1 day at IDF, wtf? I know there will be hundreds of Intel Fanboy posts saying "MadModMike, you're a stupid *** *** ** ***!" with never-ending insults, and that's fine, because I really don't care what any Intel troll has to say when they can't prove anything besides using TomsBiased.com, AnandsIntel.com, or IDF.

Let the flaming begin...

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

RichPLS

Champion
Here are your BenchMarks

These are interesting results without a doubt, notice they are comparing a mid range Conroe CPU with 667MHz mem (not the 800MHz that will it will be launched with), pitted against a future top end FX-62. Now AMD does have Socket AM2 awaiting launch with DDR2, but this is not expected to be a major performance leap, and maybe even a slight hit due to latencies.

This was Intel's 2.66GHz clocked Conroe (a non extreme version using underclocked RAM and not the 3GHz version that will be launched) being benched against AMD's future extreme version dual core FX 2.8GHz!

Clearly it appears that Intel's Conroe is going to come out strong and scale up fast, which may indeed make it one of the best overclockable chips to date, always a plus for enthusiasts!

If anything, it appears the tests were in AMD's favor.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Here are your BenchMarks

These are interesting results without a doubt, notice they are comparing a mid range Conroe CPU with 667MHz mem (not the 800MHz that will it will be launched with), pitted against a future top end FX-62. Now AMD does have Socket AM2 awaiting launch with DDR2, but this is not expected to be a major performance leap, and maybe even a slight hit due to latencies.

This was Intel's 2.66GHz clocked Conroe (a non extreme version using underclocked RAM and not the 3GHz version that will be launched) being benched against AMD's future extreme version dual core FX 2.8GHz!

Clearly it appears that Intel's Conroe is going to come out strong and scale up fast, which may indeed make it one of the best overclockable chips to date, always a plus for enthusiasts!

If anything, it appears the tests were in AMD's favor.

Read the first post buddy, AnandIntel.com doesn't count Intel Troll.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
:p That's the ticket Mike, call names when you're feeling beat. What's next, a slapfight? :wink:

How am I beat? I don't work at AMD or Intel and had nothing to do with either CPU's creation, what beat me and what do I have that got beat?

Godiva

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004
Well, in the past DAY, there have been thousands of Intel Fanboy & Troll posts because of an Intel setup benchmark using these "Modified ATI Drivers" and an AMD DFI ATI Board that is known for bad performance, not sure why even all the neutral parties have become the hugest Intel Trolls lately, but it's pretty disgusting. I'll admit, I can be a flaming retarded fanboy alot of the time, but I bring extensive knowledge to the table and try not to flame for no reason, but there are at least 15 new threads started just because of these Conroe benchmarks, seriously, look at the facts:

2) AMD has 2 new architectures/revisions planned for the next 12 months, K8L and K10.

3) Not saying the benchmarks were rigged, but what happened to "we don't believe what companies say"? It seems every "neutral" person is now an Intel Troll.

What happened? Everybody, even some AMD Fanboys, have become Intel Trolls overnight because of 1 day at IDF, wtf? I know there will be hundreds of Intel Fanboy posts saying "MadModMike, you're a stupid *** *** ** ***!" with never-ending insults, and that's fine, because I really don't care what any Intel troll has to say when they can't prove anything besides using TomsBiased.com, AnandsIntel.com, or IDF.

Let the flaming begin...

I'm with mike on this one. I can guarentee when Conroe comes out, it won't be as good as everyone thinks. Anyway, what are the prices for Conroe?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

Let the flaming begin...

I'm with mike on this one. I can guarentee when Conroe comes out, it won't be as good as everyone thinks. Anyway, what are the prices for Conroe?

Regardless of how good it is, it still took THREE years to meat/beat the K8, AMD has 2 new revisions/architectures coming in the next 12 months to beat Conroe for good, and still the Intel Trolls are raving and insulting AMD people because of IDF, it's sad.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I know your probably referring to me as one of the trolls LOL

All I was doing was posting information as it was made available from Toms and Anandtech.

Yes, I like Intel and you can flame me if you want cause I know it's all good man. :wink:

One thing I just want to point out is this, those tests may have been at the IDF but Toms and the like provided us with the information and not Intel. They did this from their perspective.

I don't mind the flame fests as long as everyone is respectful. I know I get outta line too sometimes and I take responsibility for that but, we are the human race and not electronic devices that everyone here is fighting over.

Besides, its good to have opinions from the AMD crowd anyway. There's always two sides to every story. Rock on Mike

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I know your probably referring to me as one of the trolls LOL

All I was doing was posting information as it was made available from Toms and Anandtech.

Yes, I like Intel and you can flame me if you want cause I know it's all good man. :wink:

One thing I just want to point out is this, those tests may have been at the IDF but Toms and the like provided us with the information and not Intel. They did this from their perspective.

I don't mind the flame fests as long as everyone is respectful. I know I get outta line too sometimes and I take responsibility for that but, we are the human race and not electronic devices that everyone here is fighting over.

Besides, its good to have opinions from the AMD crowd anyway. There's always two sides to every story. Rock on Mike

Besides the over 15 Intel Trolls currently on THG, about 50 more each hour join to DIS-RESPECTFULLY insult AMD, I call that disgusting.

EDIT: There's about 3 people left on these forums that aren't Intel Trolls now, I think you can figure out who they are.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
maybe they just found something they "think" they can really get back at amd... pathetic

i wouldn't really believe these benchmarks, not because they are posted on various sites with decent reputations, but they are set up by "intel".

why doesn't intel just send the chip to media sites, and let them review it? i mean.. that way it would actually convince more people that intel's chip is actually 20% better than before (even though i still think it is total bs)

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Mike, would you just leave these forums for good?
You have evolved to the most annoying person on this world and you did so faster than anyone else ever.

And why the heck do you have so much time posting crap around here? Arent you in a kindergarden like youre supposed to be?

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
you should all be praising the fact that there is a new line for both AMD and Intel in the coming months!!!

shouldnt you be happy that conroes are replacing the "HOT" P4's?

i dont understand what you are all trying to prove bragging about hardware that you dont even own/hasnt even come out yet!

both companies have new lines COMING out so how can you even provide anything with concrete evidence???

you cant!

i cant beleive i got into this conversation but be happy that both companies have new tech on its way, or did you forget that one thing can only be the best ONCE, and then its gone?

personally im neutral to the competition of AMD and INTEL and will be reaping the benefits of both sides!!! :p

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
maybe they just found something they "think" they can really get back at amd... pathetic

i wouldn't really believe these benchmarks, not because they are posted on various sites with decent reputations, but they are set up by "intel".

why doesn't intel just send the chip to media sites, and let them review it? i mean.. that way it would actually convince more people that intel's chip is actually 20% better than before (even though i still think it is total bs)

The Intel Trolls have, after 3 years, got an actual REASON to be blabbing their nonsense, there is an Intel CPU that fully uses the DDR2 bandwidth, that's about all I see Conroe is.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You have evolved to the most annoying person on this world and you did so faster than anyone else ever.

And why the heck do you have so much time posting crap around here? Arent you in a kindergarden like youre supposed to be?

Hey, Intel Troll, why don't you slit your wrists? HAHA @ U INTEL TROLL

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
you should all be praising the fact that there is a new line for both AMD and Intel in the coming months!!!

shouldnt you be happy that conroes are replacing the "HOT" P4's?

i dont understand what you are all trying to prove bragging about hardware that you dont even own/hasnt even come out yet!

both companies have new lines COMING out so how can you even provide anything with concrete evidence???

you cant!

i cant beleive i got into this conversation but be happy that both companies have new tech on its way, or did you forget that one thing can only be the best ONCE, and then its gone?

personally im neutral to the competition of AMD and INTEL and will be reaping the benefits of both sides!!! :p

You aint neutral, you're an Intel Troll.

CompGeek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005
Anand Intel.well i think you're one of the very few AMD fans who thinks that. Anand Tech is the home of insane AMD fanboys and techs. Anand's reviews are in general fair and sometimes even in AMDs favor. Intel may have 'optimised' here and there but there is no need for them to fake results by a large margin. They certainly don't want to lie about this cause that would ruin an already shakening reputation. The AMD procesor in FEAR performs as it should. The Intel one,well provided that the benchmarks are partialy corect performs 30% better.
Conroe is the result of an angry Monopoly holding Chip Designer that wants to beat its smaller competitor. Intel is bigger and has a lot more resources so after they finally taken the AMD paved road(or Intel road in laptops) it was only a matter of time before they'd show results.
Intel has already lost moolah due to AMD,they certainly prefer wasting it on something that would at least be viable in the long term( in technology).

Conroe will beat M2,by what margin i dunno.
AMD has a lot instored for us planed for 2007. But so does Intel. A further shrinking is always welcomed.
Advising people to wait unless they really need a CPU is not proof of Intel fanboyism since if Intel Conroe does its thing it will be a lot wiser to purchase better performance at bargain price.(300 for a 2.4ghz? that's what i call cheap).
So we Intel fans have a very valid reasons to hope and start saving for a chip made by our fav. brand. And of course to start causing brand wars. :) But what, you've been bashing Intel in almost every single post.
We finally can counter attack and what a counter attack this will be.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Anand Intel.well i think you're one of the very few AMD fans who thinks that. Anand Tech is the home of insane AMD fanboys and techs. Anand's reviews are in general fair and sometimes even in AMDs favor. Intel may have 'optimised' here and there but there is no need for them to fake results by a large margin. They certainly don't want to lie about this cause that would ruin an already shakening reputation. The AMD procesor in FEAR performs as it should. The Intel one,well provided that the benchmarks are partialy corect performs 30% better.
Conroe is the result of an angry Monopoly holding Chip Designer that wants to beat its smaller competitor. Intel is bigger and has a lot more resources so after they finally taken the AMD paved road(or Intel road in laptops) it was only a matter of time before they'd show results.
Intel has already lost moolah due to AMD,they certainly prefer wasting it on something that would at least be viable in the long term( in technology).

Conroe will beat M2,by what margin i dunno.
AMD has a lot instored for us planed for 2007. But so does Intel. A further shrinking is always welcomed.
Advising people to wait unless they really need a CPU is not proof of Intel fanboyism since if Intel Conroe does its thing it will be a lot wiser to purchase better performance at bargain price.(300 for a 2.4ghz? that's what i call cheap).
So we Intel fans have a very valid reasons to hope and start saving for a chip made by our fav. brand. And of course to start causing brand wars. :) But what, you've been bashing Intel in almost every single post.
We finally can counter attack and what a counter attack this will be.

Perfect Ignorant Intel Troll post, thanks for adding it.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
so am i a troll because i use one?

or are you calling me that cus your so against intel?

and did i even say anything to you or call you names?

i think i just replyd to your post but anyways, way to be cool.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
so am i a troll because i use one?

or are you calling me that cus your so against intel?

and did i even say anything to you or call you names?

i think i just replyd to your post but anyways, way to be cool.

You're a Troll because you believe hype and are just as Ignorant as the other trolls.

kcmac

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006

That's funny because in one of the other threads an Intel Fanboy was accusing Mike of hiding from the news. Now he shows up to defend his position and you raz him for giving his opinion. If you don't like his opinion, there is always the "ignore" button.

For the record: I would consider myself an AMD "fan", but not a "fanboy". I am actually excited because I am usually about one or two generations behind the current technology, so if they are going to start selling FX-60's on eBay.com for $250.00, I am all about that. :D

Regards,

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Let the flaming begin...

I agree totally. I have an X2 4400+ and used to have a PIII 1GHz as a music computer. I'm not really biased but AMD has been beating the crap out of Intel for a few years so the peopel who wanted root for Intel couldn't. Now that there's a little ligh tat the end of the "short" tunnel, they are out in force. I say shorttunnel becuase as you said K8L is coming soon (maybe Q3) and with DDR2 800 and the "supposedly" faster HT, AMD will make it a great summer for competition. (Now that they have some)

I hope Intel does make it interesting, but hey either way I get my FX60 sooner rather than later.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
so lemme try to get this straight one more time.

Arguing which company is superior shows your intelectual superiority?

wow. 8O

and its obvious that your jsut looking to argue so im done here. ima go back to actually helping peeps with their hardware. im out!

CompGeek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005
Well why did you post this topic anyway then? You can't change people's minds. The tests show an awesome Intel chip beating AMD. People aren't becoming Intel fanboys,they are chosing to wait for a nalmost certain better product. AT is a fair site and everyone knows that Anand loves AMD.
Anyway,i know i am wasting my time. You're too AMD biased to admit for once Intel apparently upper hand PERIOD.