VPN works through wired ports, but with wireless VPN conne..

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn,comp.security.firewalls,comp.os.linux.networking (More info?)

VPN works through wired ethernet ports, but with wireless connection
VPN not working, why?. If I connect my laptop with ethernet cable to
Router, VPN works, if I use wireless connection, then not?. I reset
many times and same thing, I have cable modem on the backend?. Any
idea?. Thanks.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn,comp.security.firewalls,comp.os.linux.networking (More info?)

IIRC some of the original intel integrated wireless chipsets couldn't not
handle IPSEC and Wireless at the same time.

On 24 Feb 2005, santa19992000@yahoo.com <santa19992000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> VPN works through wired ethernet ports, but with wireless connection
> VPN not working, why?. If I connect my laptop with ethernet cable to
> Router, VPN works, if I use wireless connection, then not?. I reset
> many times and same thing, I have cable modem on the backend?. Any
> idea?. Thanks.

My AP supposedly has trouble doing VPN over WEP. Actually it initially
had trouble just doing WEP unless forced back to 2 mbps, until I got a
firmware upgrade.

To see if others with your mfr/model router have that problem, check the
hardware forum for your router brand at http://www.broadbandreports.com/
alias http://www.dslreports.com/