Direct3D acceleration difficulties Radeon 9600

Jimmi323

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have been having this problem for a while and have only just realized the source. Everytime I start a game of anything, it plays for about 2 seconds, then goes to a blank blue screen. I finally figured out today that that is because my Direct3D acceleration doesn't work for some reason. I tested Direct3D acceleration in dxdiag and I got the spinning box with the big green X on it for a second, then the blue screen with nothing on it.

I have installed all the latest drivers and I have directx 9.0c. I have a P4 2.4 GHz with 512 Mb RAM and a Radeon 9600. (Crap, I know)

Thanks,

Jimmi

mumbles

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
hmm wish i could help you because i have about the same specs and same card but i never get that at all.. maybe your card is just giving out?

Jimmi323

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Don't know if this will help, but I got this error while trying to load UT 2004 with Direct3D rendering enabled:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2405 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6599)

General protection fault!

History: FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 05B85640 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*4 <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas::DrawTile <- UCanvas::ClippedPrint <- UCanvas::DrawTextJustified <- UGUIStyles::DrawText <- (STY2TextButtonEffect Package.STY2TextButtonEffect) <- GUIButton::Draw <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIMultiComponent::DrawControls <- (UT2k4MainMenu Package.UT2k4MainMenu) <- GUIMultiComponent::Draw <- (UT2k4MainMenu Package.UT2k4MainMenu) <- GUIPage::Draw <- (UT2k4MainMenu Package.UT2k4MainMenu) <- GUIController::NativePostRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free