tgdaily gets their Intel analysis right

mforce2

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Here's what they say now :
And here is why. First, when we look at all the announcements thus far, it becomes clear that there is little besides promises to back up the company's fresh wave of claims. Intel demonstrated that its new platform is running on notebooks, desktops, and servers alike. But we have yet to believe the company when it states that ICM architecture will deliver what Intel promises. Second, all product demonstrations compared a future product against processors that are available today. Especially in the case of the Woodcrest / Opteron showdown, we know that AMD is unlikely to stand still, and certainly will continue to improve the performance of its processor line. Intel's aiming at a moving target; in fairness, so now is AMD. But once the targets finally line up with one another, their real differences in terms of performance and power consumption therefore may not be as dramatic as Intel portrayed here at IDF.
Yes , I agree with this 100% . I criticised them before for just posting Intel FUD as news but they got it right this time .
Well done guys !

P.S. : Credits go to labbbby .

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Basically they're saying what we all know. No one's gonna know until Conroe and M2 are available for benchmarking and retail.

I guess its good that they officially say 'we dont know'... :?

RichPLS

Champion
Doesn't appear biased...

These are interesting results without a doubt, notice they are comparing a mid range Conroe CPU with 667MHz mem (not the 800MHz that will it will be launched with), pitted against a future top end FX-62. Now AMD does have Socket AM2 awaiting launch with DDR2, but this is not expected to be a major performance leap, and maybe even a slight hit due to latencies.

This was Intel's 2.66GHz clocked Conroe (a non extreme version using underclocked RAM and not the 3GHz version that will be launched) being benched against AMD's future extreme version dual core FX 2.8GHz!

Clearly it appears that Intel's Conroe is going to come out strong and scale up fast, which may indeed make it one of the best overclockable chips to date, always a plus for enthusiasts!

If anything, it appears the tests were in AMD's favor.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Arguably, the AM2 that was previewed only 2 weeks ago by THG doesn't fair well against the conroe debut this week.

I'd say those targets are pretty well aligned, with the exception of the Conroe bench being performed by Intel and not a 3rd party....

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Doesn't appear biased...

These are interesting results without a doubt, notice they are comparing a mid range Conroe CPU with 667MHz mem (not the 800MHz that will it will be launched with), pitted against a future top end FX-62. Now AMD does have Socket AM2 awaiting launch with DDR2, but this is not expected to be a major performance leap, and maybe even a slight hit due to latencies.

This was Intel's 2.66GHz clocked Conroe (a non extreme version using underclocked RAM and not the 3GHz version that will be launched) being benched against AMD's future extreme version dual core FX 2.8GHz!

Clearly it appears that Intel's Conroe is going to come out strong and scale up fast, which may indeed make it one of the best overclockable chips to date, always a plus for enthusiasts!

If anything, it appears the tests were in AMD's favor.

No offense, but can you stop being a parrot and make the same/similar post in every damn topic? :roll:

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
He's perfectly in his rights to do so, since every topic is basically the same thing....

Maybe people should stop posting different threads on the same subject? :roll:

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Wish they did, all the intel crap going on. fanboy vs fanboy stuff.. it's pretty tiring.. not to mention screwing up the highlighted topics on homepage.. (Which i keep track of)

Keep thinkin there is a new subject, but then appears to be the damn Intel vs AMD war crap going again.... Tends to get annoying..

People just can't stick with 1 topic >.<

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I hear that... I keep clicking on different threads and its all the same thing...
At least they're still some threads from people who are looking for some non-fanboy-war help. :)

Its more annoying that everyone's degraded themselves into just calling each other names, w/o any real facts in their posts.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
It's a futile war until Conroe goes out to 3rd party reviewers.

I guess all of the hardcore gamers here spend ubar lewt on machines that render these forums SUPER FAST.

lol. The irony.