VPN (definitely) newbie

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a VPN between two Linux boxes (in future also between
Linux and windows).
The question is the following:
is it possible to set up a VPN between a host (with dynamic IP) and my
server (with static IP), passing through an HTTP connection?
In other words: imagine you're a remote host connected to internet (ADSL,
Dial-up... ), visiting my personal page on the www; suppose there's a button
"connect to server via VPN". Pressing it, a VPN is started up, without
tearing down internet connection.
Well... is it possible? If so... how?
I hope the scenario is clear (and I do apologize for my bad english)...

Cheers
Fabrizio

zvuk

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

I don't think so, but on Windows there is something that might help you a
bit.
It's possible to create an exe file (some houndred kB-s big) that would set
up VPN access for your
Windows clients with a single click. Perhaps you could offer it for download
on your site?