clean install, no floppy drive can i use windows me?

I just got a notebook computer and I want to format the harddrive and install
windows xp, this computer doesnt have a floppy disc drive. can i use windows
me for a boot disc?

If your laptop supports booting from your CDROM drive, you
won't need any other disk. Just change your bios to boot
from your CD and insert your Windows XP disc.

The Windows XP CD is bootable so there is no reason
to use a Windows ME CD.

Clean Install Windows XP (same procedure for Windows 2000)

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"88nsd" wrote:

| I just got a notebook computer and I want to format the harddrive and install
| windows xp, this computer doesnt have a floppy disc drive. can i use windows
| me for a boot disc?

Hi

The XP CD is bootable, but you may have to change the boot sequence via the
BIOS. Otherwise, you can use a Win ME boot disk - select 'With CD support'.
If you go this route, please make sure that you run smartdrive first,
otherwise the install will take hours.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User