Sign in with
Your question

Cooler Master Wave Master TAC-T01 case needs help!

Last response: in Components
March 8, 2006 8:34:16 PM

Hello All,

Can anyone please help me with this problem I have. I have a cooler master wave master case TAC-T01, ASUS A8N-SLI NForce4 deluxe motherboard and a cooler master 550W RS-550-ACLY power supply. The case has a usb and firewire connection on the very top of the case, with the conection wires hanging down inside the case. I can not find where these wires attach to. There is a 1394 wire for the firewire and three 4 pin connections for the usb and sound connections on top of the case.

These are the some of the parts that are going into the case. An ASUS A8N-SLI NForce4 deluxe board, Athlon 64 X2 4400, Zalman CNPS 7000B ALCU Heatsink, 2 GB of Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT, EVGA GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB, 2 WD Caviar SE 16 320 GB SATA 3G & a Cooler Master RP RS-550-ACLY Power Supply, plexy 716-A Burner and Audigy Sound card.

The real bad manual doesn't mention anything about this feature except that you can take it out and place another fan on top of the case. I would like to utilize these components instead of having an extra fan. Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks in advance for everyones imput!
March 9, 2006 1:01:42 AM

I'd rip those out and put a 80mm Silverstone case fan in there blowing out.
March 9, 2006 1:34:34 PM

Thanks for the help I got. I figured out the usb part but I could not use the firewire connection, it didn't fit in the firewire slot on the motherboard. I really won't use it anyway, so I am happy with the usb. Thanks for everyone who PM'd me. :D 
August 24, 2009 4:58:49 AM

Help! i have the same CoolerMaster Wavemaster Tac T01 case, just did a mother board and CPU upgrade and can not figure out how to connect the wires for the top-mounted USB connectors to the MB - cand anyone assist?

Also the USB connecters on top did not boot up a WD external drive that is USB powered only - any advice on this?

Thanks, Jason
!