FIRST BUILD....STANDOFF'S

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Installin MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum MB were and how many standoff's do i use???? Looks like i got about three washers w/new case???were do thy go????? HELP.....Dont want to short out MB...

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
Check the layout of your MB. You should screw in 9 standoffs on the case, just make sure you match up the screw holes. (If your MB is ATX, then make sure you ONLY put in the standoffs on the ATX holes. Refer to your manual.) If you only have three paper washers, you can try to buy some more. Otherwise, I have been running my PC with no paper washers and its been fine...so far.

"If you only have three paper washers, you can try to buy some more. "

Screw the washers, paper or metal...they are not needed; if you look at the mobo circuitry(or all of them I have installed, anyway), you can see the standoff holes have no wires or elecrical runs to them, so insulating them from the screws is not necessary...

BleedTheFreak

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Make sure you even need the standoffs.

I just picked up a XION case and it only had 2 standoffs, turned out the case actually had raised "platforms" to set the mobo on and you didn't need the standoffs for those holes, just the ones on the right-facing side. Call your case manufacturer for details, if you need to.

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
OK GUYS...thanks for the info....did my build last nite....EASY...the stand-off issue was no issue very simple...everythings together....fired it up....WOW what a feeling...my firsy build .....everything works great....
this is the best forum out there....Ive asked many questions and allways got good answers...THANKS AGAIN.

MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum
ThermoTake 480 PS
Ahtlon 3000+ Barton
Leadtech 6600GT AGP
OCZ 512 Gold
WD 80 SATA