VPN to external network blocks local peer-to-peer network

Hi!

My configuration:

Two desktop computers communicating trough a wireless network (ad-hock)
(Cards: Gigabyte GN-WPKG).

In one of these computers it is also installed another wireless card
(D-link g520+) with an external antenna. This card is connecting me to
the Internet (distant accesspoint) trough a CISCO VPN-client 4.0.3

Both computers ar running XP sp2.

My problem:

The ad-hock (peer-to-peer) communication between my computers becomes
blocked when the VPN connection are established. Is there anyone who
have an idea on what I can do to keep the peer-to-peer connection open
while I am running VPN?

terjem

Terje Midtbø wrote:
> Hi!
>

> My configuration:
>
> Two desktop computers communicating trough a wireless network (ad-hock)
> (Cards: Gigabyte GN-WPKG).
>
> In one of these computers it is also installed another wireless card
> (D-link g520+) with an external antenna. This card is connecting me to
> the Internet (distant accesspoint) trough a CISCO VPN-client 4.0.3
>
> Both computers ar running XP sp2.
>
> My problem:
>
> The ad-hock (peer-to-peer) communication between my computers becomes
> blocked when the VPN connection are established. Is there anyone who
> have an idea on what I can do to keep the peer-to-peer connection open
> while I am running VPN?
>
> terjem

It's working properly. Your cisco VPN client has been configured to
prevent split tunnelling (send traffic to different destinations
depending on the endpoint)

It is a security risk to allow users to connect to both the secure
network and an unsecure network at the same time. Someone could hack
into your system from the unsecured side to piggyback through to the
secure network.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)