More Patent Fights Between Apple and Samsung Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I should patent the term Patent Fight.
Also the method in which patent fighting is conducted.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
You know.. my boss got an Mac airbook and he paid like 1500$ for it. I showed him my lenovo laptop with a intel 320 ssd/Nvidia 680M, and let him use it. He took the mac back and got a lenovo. One down... millions to go.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Apple are so blind and greedy, that they can't realize how much hate will bring on them all those patents wars.
They are becoming the most hated company ever.
If they continue like this, even the isheep people will abandon them.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
The trial is not expected to start until March 2014
Why are they waiting so long. So if this was Samsung being sued by apple the trial would be tomorrow to get Samsung phones off the shelf as soon as possible, but since it's Samsung suing Apple they wait till 2014 when the iPhone 5 is no longer in production.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]You know.. my boss got an Mac airbook and he paid like 1500$ for it. I showed him my lenovo laptop with a intel 320 ssd/Nvidia 680M, and let him use it. He took the mac back and got a lenovo. One down... millions to go.[/citation]

A friend of mine damaged his Mac laptop's screen, and asked me if it was repairable. Typically, yes, but not for Apple's stuff...

[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]Why are they waiting so long. So if this was Samsung being sued by apple the trial would be tomorrow to get Samsung phones off the shelf as soon as possible, but since it's Samsung suing Apple they wait till 2014 when the iPhone 5 is no longer in production.[/citation]

Lawsuits typically require hundreds or thousands of emails and sheets of papers before the fun even begins.

It's paper warfare.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]Apple are so blind and greedy, that they can't realize how much hate will bring on them all those patents wars.They are becoming the most hated company ever.If they continue like this, even the isheep people will abandon them.[/citation]It seems that companies are building up defenses against them. It's awful

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]If they continue like this, even the isheep people will abandon them.[/citation]
"iSheeps" will abandon Apple when Apple decides that they should remove all compatibilities with third-party apps and other things that makes an iPhone what it is. Bad business ethics as most people call it mean more for investors whether good or bad, and it shouldn't affect users of the products.

InvalidError

Titan
With some luck, maybe PTOs around the world will start to realize the idiocy of granting trivial software patents like bounce-back scrolling - how much would people pay to enable bounce-back in software they use? I probably wouldn't even notice that the feature has gone missing.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]"iSheeps" will abandon Apple when Apple decides that they should remove all compatibilities with third-party apps and other things that makes an iPhone what it is. Bad business ethics as most people call it mean more for investors whether good or bad, and it shouldn't affect users of the products.[/citation]it is already starting, they started with Apple map, which is i heard complains that is a horrible thing compared with google earth.

SuperAxilla

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
I wish I could sue Apple myself for psychological damage resulting from having to repair their "Macbooks". At least for the anger management sessions.

G

What Innovations exactly Samsung? I mean I do like you okay you do some of the best android hands down. But you do make "everything" iphone/ipad-ish. hardware and software. You need to start making more unique design decisions not based on the ideas of others. I get that you want things to be easy like the iPhone but you don't have to make the GUI keyboard and other stuff look exactly like it! I believe you can unique if you try. Start making your own design decisions. And start using metal or glass that doesn't break Instead of plastic.

Right now you are copying others. you can be better then that! Start doing design in the US (In California)
hopefully designers here won't copy ideas and claim they are original like the Korean designers are doing.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
[citation][nom]SamJobs22[/nom]What Innovations exactly Samsung? I mean I do like you okay you do some of the best android hands down. But you do make "everything" iphone/ipad-ish.[/citation]

Possibly because samsung up until last month made half of apples stuff, including displays, memory, and most likely keyboards?

[citation][nom]SamJobs22[/nom]What Innovations exactly Samsung? I mean I do like you okay you do some of the best android hands down. But you do make "everything" iphone/ipad-ish. hardware and software. You need to start making more unique design decisions not based on the ideas of others. I get that you want things to be easy like the iPhone but you don't have to make the GUI keyboard and other stuff look exactly like it! I believe you can unique if you try. Start making your own design decisions. And start using metal or glass that doesn't break Instead of plastic.Right now you are copying others. you can be better then that! Start doing design in the US (In California)hopefully designers here won't copy ideas and claim they are original like the Korean designers are doing.[/citation]

Samsung is a Korean company and unless you've never compared Samsung's phones to iPhones, you'd know that they don't actually look that similar (although I would like it if Samsung did try to be more unique). Basically, you insulted them by accusing of something that isn't going on and you've also insulted them by discriminating against their own people.

Also, like adgjlsfhk said, Samsung is the company that invented, designed, and manufactured many (perhaps most) components in a huge amount of phones and other products and the majority of iPhones are no exception.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I'm so sick of these legal battles that I don't think I can even take a side any more. Both of these companies are getting ridiculous, regardless of who started it. The only one that will really pay the price is the consumer. If nothing else, I hope that the government takes a good, hard look at the sad state patent law is currently in.

Alphi

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
all cars look pretty much the same the innovation is under the hood. Why should it be any different for phones or computers?..

did apple invent the laptop or mp3 player? why did they copy other peoples designs?.. granted they invented a handheld computer called the Newton which looks like the grandfather of all phones and tablets today.. however that product was a complete flop until someone else (Palm) borrowed the idea and made it better.

this is the nature of innovation.. ie taking pre-existing ideas and making them better. we would be stuck in the stone age if companies like Sony hadn't copied the "Radio" design and made it portable..

Apple and the RIAA are both trying to kill creativity with their draconian tactics not promote it. I remember when Microsoft got too big for their boots and the US Govt threatened to break them up.. maybe its time for the Federal regulators to look at the anti competitive practices of apple.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]Why are they waiting so long. So if this was Samsung being sued by apple the trial would be tomorrow to get Samsung phones off the shelf as soon as possible, but since it's Samsung suing Apple they wait till 2014 when the iPhone 5 is no longer in production.[/citation]
Although the ultimate victory would be the ban of iPhone 5 before it got to market or soon after at least, even by the end of 2014, Samsung could get rewarded damages in the hundreds of millions of dollars or hopefully a cool Billion!

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
"We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms."

Tim Cook said the same thing. :|

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]Apple are so blind and greedy, that they can't realize how much hate will bring on them all those patents wars.They are becoming the most hated company ever.If they continue like this, even the isheep people will abandon them.[/citation]

Highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS