Epson Dot Matrix LQ-1070+ Issues

When printing directly to LPT1 from a DOS box (for example DIR > LPT1),
every other line gets indented like to following:

LINE 01
LINE 02
LINE 03
LINE 04
LINE 05
LINE 06

This DOESN'T happen when printing in Windows. I printed a Windows Test
page and everything seems fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is??

> This DOESN'T happen when printing in Windows. I printed a Windows Test
> page and everything seems fine.

Check dip swithch and disable CR+LF switch.

jloriena@hotpop.com <jloriena@hotpop.com> wrote:
> When printing directly to LPT1 from a DOS box (for example DIR > LPT1),
> every other line gets indented like to following:
>
> LINE 01
> LINE 02
> LINE 03
> LINE 04
> LINE 05
> LINE 06
>
> This DOESN'T happen when printing in Windows. I printed a Windows Test
> page and everything seems fine.

No indenting shows in your post.

Most impact printers are bidirectional in the older sense of that word:
they print one line from left to right, then print the next from right
to left. It can speed things up, but slack in the mechanism causes
lines to be vertically misaligned.

To prevent misalignment, most graphics printing is unidirectional. The
print head prints a line from left to right, moves all the way back to
the left, and then prints the next line from left to right again.

Windows output is usually graphics, and it probably prints in
unidirectional mode to avoid misalignment.