Weird response from ecost on HP 4705

October 1, 2004 2:48:24 PM

I live in Austin, TX. When ecost first started taking orders for the 4705 I
put one in back in July. I saw yesterday that they showed "in stock" but
mine hadn't shipped. The customer service rep said their units were
actually coming from (I believe) Belkin, and they could not ship them into
Texas or 3 other states. anyone know if this is legit? Does anyone know of
a place that is actually shipping them, or do I need to just wait for the
new Axim since it will be cheaper?

Thanks.

Don Barlow
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 4:21:42 PM

Don,

That's odd. I can only relate to you that I live in Texas as well (Dallas
area) and I've bought many items (software and hardware) from eCost and have
never hear of this issue. Now I'm not saying there could be some issue
between them and Belkin (how the heck did they get in on this deal?!) that
is preventing shipping.... but it sounds really odd.

Just my .02...

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

Exclusive First Look Review - Coming October 6th!

"Don Barlow" <don_barlow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o oMKX48pEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I live in Austin, TX. When ecost first started taking orders for the 4705
> put one in back in July. I saw yesterday that they showed "in stock" but
> mine hadn't shipped. The customer service rep said their units were
> actually coming from (I believe) Belkin, and they could not ship them into
> Texas or 3 other states. anyone know if this is legit? Does anyone know
> of
> a place that is actually shipping them, or do I need to just wait for the
> new Axim since it will be cheaper?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Don Barlow

October 1, 2004 7:23:49 PM

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:48:24 -0500, "Don Barlow"
<don_barlow@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of place that is actually shipping them [...]

Yes, HP... I'd cancel this order with ecoast (their explanation
sounds ridiculous) and order directly from HP. The 4705 is listed as
in-stock.

Click here:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/buy/online_shopping...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 9:36:31 PM

Don Barlow wrote:

>I live in Austin, TX. When ecost first started taking orders for the 4705 I
>put one in back in July. I saw yesterday that they showed "in stock" but
>mine hadn't shipped. The customer service rep said their units were
>actually coming from (I believe) Belkin, and they could not ship them into
>Texas or 3 other states. anyone know if this is legit? Does anyone know of
>a place that is actually shipping them, or do I need to just wait for the
>new Axim since it will be cheaper?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Don Barlow

It sounds like a nexus issue (interstate taxes), but I doubt it.
They're currently backordered to the tune of 107 units and "scheduled"
to receive 275 on 10/4/4. Check back Monday.

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, §227, any and
all unsolicited commercial Email sent to this address is subject to a

I guess I'll wait a few days and see if they get some in that don't have
this problem. I don't like to order from HP because I live in Texas I have
to pay tax when I order from them.

Thanks for all the responses.

db

"Don Barlow" <don_barlow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o oMKX48pEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I live in Austin, TX. When ecost first started taking orders for the 4705
> put one in back in July. I saw yesterday that they showed "in stock" but
> mine hadn't shipped. The customer service rep said their units were
> actually coming from (I believe) Belkin, and they could not ship them into
> Texas or 3 other states. anyone know if this is legit? Does anyone know
of
> a place that is actually shipping them, or do I need to just wait for the
> new Axim since it will be cheaper?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Don Barlow

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 2:39:03 PM

Don Barlow wrote:

>I guess I'll wait a few days and see if they get some in that don't have
>this problem. I don't like to order from HP because I live in Texas I have
>to pay tax when I order from them.
>
>Thanks for all the responses.
>
>db
>
>"Don Barlow" <don_barlow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:o oMKX48pEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>

>>I live in Austin, TX. When ecost first started taking orders for the 4705

>>put one in back in July. I saw yesterday that they showed "in stock" but
>>mine hadn't shipped. The customer service rep said their units were
>>actually coming from (I believe) Belkin, and they could not ship them into
>>Texas or 3 other states. anyone know if this is legit? Does anyone know
>>

>of
>

>>a place that is actually shipping them, or do I need to just wait for the
>>new Axim since it will be cheaper?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Don Barlow

Their eta for this product has been pushed back a month, when I inquired
about it, I was given the bums rush. In this instance I'd advice you to
shop elsewhere.
As a share holder, you have NO IDEA how much it hurts to say that.

--
!