Sign in with
Your question

auditgy 2 ZS cable hook ups

Last response: in Components
March 9, 2006 7:02:41 AM

Ok I have an auditgy 2 ZS sound card and I did not get the platnum series or the gamer series. The card did not come with any cables. The question that I have is how do you hook up front audio cables on the pc to the card. Is there some thing that I can get that does not require soldering? How would I go about hooking it up is there a giudeor any pics? :roll:

More about : auditgy cable hook ups

March 9, 2006 7:35:15 AM

Hmm, unless your A2ZS can directly connect to the cable provided by the case, no, you are going to have to solder it.
March 9, 2006 5:12:43 PM

well if I was to solder were would the connections be? and what whould I need
Related resources
March 12, 2006 9:40:21 PM

If you're talking about disabling onboard audio and replacing it with Audigy,
If your machine is XP and you're running sound through IDE and there are no existing audio cables running from your drives...
all you have to do is disable the onboard audio in advanced PCI config, remove it's drivers, place your new card in, boot it, install drivers, hook up your speakers, test the speaker config (2.2-7.1...what u hear),
make some random adjustments and BOOM.
You're There !
The IDE cables handle the pass thru audio and there is NO NEED for internal cables.
Hope this helped.

PS I was worried about the onboard disabling and all, but it has been alot easier than expected.
March 12, 2006 10:14:54 PM

the white plug top left in this pic (
http://www.hardshop.gr/images/db.JPG) there should be a cable coming from the front of ur case and plugging into ur mobo - pull it out and slap it in that white socket on the card - job done!
March 12, 2006 10:47:49 PM

Quote:
the white plug top left in this pic (
http://www.hardshop.gr/images/db.JPG) there should be a cable coming from the front of ur case and plugging into ur mobo - pull it out and slap it in that white socket on the card - job done!

How to match up the pins? Most front case audio plugs (including mine) have two rows of pinholes, and the white socket on my Audigy 2 ZS has only one row of pins.

As I understand it, there's no way to hook up front audio to this card without soldering. It's Creative's way of forcing you to buy their wretched 5.25" bay front panel (i.e. their Platinum series). Bastards.
March 12, 2006 11:18:50 PM

many ppl have had luck with this

1 - Analog Ground
2 - Analog Headphone Out Left
3 - Audio Backpanel Mute -- short to ground to mute the backpanel (when headphones are plugged in)
4 - Analog Headphone Out Right
5 - same as #3
6 - Mic input from front panel
7 - key pin (shouldn't be there)
8 - VREF out -- voltage reference for Mic
9 - MIC IN MUTE -- ground when mic isn't plugged in, +12VDC when mic is plugged in
10 - Audio cable detect -- will be ground when headphones are plugged in (not normally used)

1 is marked on board.... but many have low mic volume after(on fp only). but for audio out it will work for sure.

i also have this....just a thought...after all solder can do bad things

March 13, 2006 5:03:03 AM

you are the one that gave the best support thank you and it worked great.
March 16, 2006 5:30:50 PM

glad to be of help... :) 
did u get the mic to work? mine was always quiet on fp at least :( 
March 17, 2006 4:45:14 AM

I'll have to try it. I have all the connections, but they may have trouble reaching. I might have to rig up something if I want my power and HD light to work on my case
!