Conroe Vs FX60, nevermind theirs but whats your score??

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
There's been a lot of talk about the cheating benchmark that Intel showed to the world with their Conroe chip but what did you expect?
Did you think Intel was going to come out and say "Our new generation of processors dont actually have better performances but its at least cooler than our current Intel CPUs!!!!"
The problem here is that Intel has not had the best record when it comes to being honest......which in their office, they call it aggressive marketing!!
If the Intel chips were in fact better, they should have done what AMD did. Invite AMD to a CPU contest like AMD invited Intel on both company's dual core processors!!

But really, I am not interested in all these scores these review sites have given us. I know there are a lot of people out there with similar or previous flagship models of CPUs and graphic cards. I am interested in your scores in any of the tests that Intel showed us with the same resolution and setting.

Now its obvious Intel has some explaining to do.
Intel should watch the graphics card industry and learn.........IF YOUR COMPETITOR PUTS OUT A PRODUCT THATS BETTER THAN YOURS THEN TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!! MAKE SOMETHING BETTER AND DONT LIE OR SHOW BS RESULTS.
These are your customers you are showing these BS to, I'd think twice before doing something like this!!

endyen

Splendid
I'm not richpls enough to afford those kinds of parts, but I would love to see what an FX60 can actually do with crossfired X1900XTs.
I wish some of the hardware sites would do just that.
Any takers from THG?

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Did you think Intel was going to come out and say "Our new generation of processors dont actually have better performances but its at least cooler than our current Intel CPUs!!!!"

Of course not because they'd be lying.

If the Intel chips were in fact better, they should have done what AMD did. Invite AMD to a CPU contest like AMD invited Intel on both company's dual core processors!!

Conroe hasn't been released yet. The AMD contest was about released server cpus, sort of different.

Like?

Intel should watch the graphics card industry and learn.........IF YOUR COMPETITOR PUTS OUT A PRODUCT THATS BETTER THAN YOURS THEN TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!! MAKE SOMETHING BETTER AND DONT LIE OR SHOW BS RESULTS.

1. Just like Nvidia with the FX series? Hmm maybe not.

2. They're working on it.

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Action_Man said:

Why not?? They lie on regular basis to their advantage!!!

Conroe hasn't been released yet. The AMD contest was about released server cpus, sort of different.

If Conroe hasnt been release yet to justify a public contest, THEN WHY THE HELL did they release this official product comparision document against an AMD CPU?? You obviously dont visit the AMD wbesite. There was a invitation to Intel's first gen 8x0D series desktop dual core to compete. Intel never responded and some review site went out and got hold of all the CPUs and did the test themselves. Biggest margin in the test was top of the line Intel dual core 8x0D was beaten by AMD basic dual core entry offering 3800x2. That wasnt the case for every test but it's just one of the bigger margins we saw in the test.

Like?

Try searching online for "Intel lies or Intel BS", you'll find what you're looking for!

Intel might as well follow the FX series release as every P4 release sucked!!

I know you dont speak on be-half of Intel but you defend them and I have nothing against Intel and I believe Intel products have qualities in their own rights. Afterall they are currently the biggest CPU manufacturer but all these lies is just uncall for and they have degraded themselves to nothing more than a desperate loser trying to hold on.
I still have a P4 machine sitting at home because comparing to an AMD CPU in simialr class at that time (2002), it does have some advantages and disadvantages.
But something like this, is just not what first tier companies do.
Like you said, Conroe is not officially released yet, so why make such a big noise by releasing something thats not official to the world??
It's obviously an attempt to knock AMD down through deceit.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
I think most of us AMD fan's just need to suck it up and admit intel has a better chip here. If this thing is a fake then believe me we will have our day......in 6 months..... and then we'll just have to sit back and wait for AMD's answer. Who knows what they can pull in 6-12 months. They have a .065 fab but they havnt felt the need to make full use of it yet as they are doing so well with their established .09 productions. AMD has had it rdy for a while and its just a matter of finishing the conversion.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004

Therefore they must be lying now! Brillant!

THEN WHY THE HELL did they release this official product comparision document against an AMD CPU??

Intel can't do previews now? :roll:

You obviously dont visit the AMD wbesite.

Went there once to get the cool and quiet drivers for my venice since I'm such an intel fanboy, wait...

There was a invitation to Intel's first gen 8x0D series desktop dual core to compete. Intel never responded and some review site went out and got hold of all the CPUs and did the test themselves. Biggest margin in the test was top of the line Intel dual core 8x0D was beaten by AMD basic dual core entry offering 3800x2.

Who gives a toss? Intels releasing cpus that do the opposite.

Try searching online for "Intel lies or Intel BS", you'll find what you're looking for!

What does that have to do with conroe? Oh thats right, NOTHING!

Yes the northwood C never whipped the AXP series.

I have nothing against Intel

Clearly.

but all these lies is just uncall for and they have degraded themselves to nothing more than a desperate loser trying to hold on.

Conroe isn't a lie.

Like you said, Conroe is not officially released yet, so why make such a big noise by releasing something thats not official to the world??

Again Intel is not allowed to do previews? AMD can but Intel cant.

You've contradicted yourself so many times its not funny. Intel have a winner on their hands, get over and stop posting all this BS.

RichPLS

Champion
gudodayn said:

But you unquestionably believe AMD when that company reports their results? They are as, if not more, biased then Intel in their reporting and hype...

What advantage would it have been for Intel to do that? No more so than it would be if Intel did the same to AMD, it would not be in thier best interest to accept this with Conroe, or even acknowledge the dare.

If Conroe hasnt been release yet to justify a public contest, THEN WHY THE HELL did they release this official product comparision document against an AMD CPU?? You obviously dont visit the AMD wbesite. There was a invitation to Intel's first gen 8x0D series desktop dual core to compete. Intel never responded and some review site went out and got hold of all the CPUs and did the test themselves. Biggest margin in the test was top of the line Intel dual core 8x0D was beaten by AMD basic dual core entry offering 3800x2. That wasnt the case for every test but it's just one of the bigger margins we saw in the test.

You mean right before an AMD product, they do not send out engineering samples to hardware manufacturers and vendors for testing and benching to build up anticipation for their products? How unwise can you get if your goal is to sell processors... They should take notes.

Intel is the one with the better product, the ball is in AMD's court now to explain what they are going to do about this.

Like?

Try using AMD instead of Intel too.

I know you dont speak on be-half of Intel but you defend them and I have nothing against Intel and I believe Intel products have qualities in their own rights. Afterall they are currently the biggest CPU manufacturer but all these lies is just uncall for and they have degraded themselves to nothing more than a desperate loser trying to hold on.
I still have a P4 machine sitting at home because comparing to an AMD CPU in simialr class at that time (2002), it does have some advantages and disadvantages.
But something like this, is just not what first tier companies do.

Well the Intel 955 is neck and neck with a FX-60 now, and can overclock on STOCK AIR COOLER ALONE to 4.26GHz stable, and with water cooling exceed 5GHz today. That dusts any AMD chip made even overclocked max. They are better, get over it.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Yes the northwood C never whipped the AXP series.
I love my 3.2GHz Northwood C.
Well the Intel 955 is neck and neck with a FX-60 now, and can overclock on STOCK AIR COOLER ALONE to 4.26GHz stable, and with water cooling exceed 5GHz today. That dusts any AMD chip made even overclocked max. They are better, get over it.
That's not really true.

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Ummm...as far as gaming is concerned the FX-60 beats the EE955, even when FX-60 is stock and EE955 has a 4ghz OC. Now I realize that as far and OCing is concerned, the EE wins but for the most part the FX-60 is a better chip (as far as gaming is concerned).
look at the benchmarks:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/10/amd_athlon_fx_60_dual_core_assault/

RichPLS

Champion
pcmark-2.png

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Yeah, in 6 months time, they may or may not have a winner on their hands, who knows. Same as before, in 6 months time, Intel is going to have to compete against a AMD CPU released during that time period as well.
As for now, a winner?? I dont see it selling in stores?? Maybe to clear things up, Intel should send Intel Conroe engineering samples to all the major review sites to clear things up!!!
Hey, if in 6 months time, Intel chips are better.......I'd buy it. I just want the best C/P value regardless the brand.
If in 6 months time, VIA chips have the best C/P value, I'd get them instead.
There are over 6 million results for "Intel lies"..............let me get the link for you "http://www.google.com.tw/search?hl=zh-TW&q=Intel+lies&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E5%B0%8B&meta="

Sure Intel can do previews, how about a preview on how they have improved from their own P4 series??

There was a invitation to Intel's first gen 8x0D series desktop dual core to compete. Intel never responded and some review site went out and got hold of all the CPUs and did the test themselves. Biggest margin in the test was top of the line Intel dual core 8x0D was beaten by AMD basic dual core entry offering 3800x2.

Who gives a toss? Intels releasing cpus that do the opposite.

Who gives a toss??? Whats the matter, ran out of things to come back with??? If Intel didnt give a TOSS, they wouldnt have released this CPU comparison document. Thats how much a TOSS they give!!!!!

[/quote]RichPLS
There are a lot of reviews and tests that will prove you wrong. But like I said before, Intel has its own qualities in its own right and I have nothing against them (more specifically their products). I absolutely dig Intel's overclocking ability.

Let me just clear this up, I have nothing against Intel products but how the Intel staffs give out false information is just WRONG!!!!!!!
Thats the part I am not happy about........

AMD CPUs sucked at one stage as well but they dont go telling customers that you must AMD just so the software will work properly!!!
Or give rebates if a distributor buy only Intel. We were confronted at work once by an Intel Sales Rep. She didnt say it exactly but she definitely implied it.........asking us to sell less or NO AMD CPUs at all to acquire more discounts. Did people know that they actually send people to check on things?? Let's say you agreed to not sell AMD CPUs to get the extra discount, they actually get people in plain cloth to walk into your store as a customer off the streets to make sure you are not selling AMD CPUs behind their back?

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Sure Intel can do previews, how about a preview on how they have improved from their own P4 series??

Ok so the FX 60 is the best chip on the market hands down. If their chip can easily take care of the FX I think we can assume it'll beat the P4. Besides they threw out heaps of numbers saying its xx% faster and cooler and more awesome.

Who gives a toss??? Whats the matter, ran out of things to come back with??? If Intel didnt give a TOSS, they wouldnt have released this CPU comparison document. Thats how much a TOSS they give!!!!!

How is this relevant to anything? We all know AMD has the best server cpus. The contest was between released cpus. Get over it.

AMD CPUs sucked at one stage as well but they dont go telling customers that you must AMD just so the software will work properly!!!

Like what? If this is some sort of lame reference to teh skype thing I'm ignoring you for now on.

Or give rebates if a distributor buy only Intel.

Well you get more money out of it, win win, no?

asking us to sell less or NO AMD CPUs at all to acquire more discounts.

Did they put a gun to your head?

More boring crap

What relevance does this have to Intels new cpus being better then AMD's? or anything?

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Yeah, Intel didnt put a gun to my head and yes rebate means more money made for distributor and resellers.
What I am trying to say is, they cant beat the performance so they try to beat them another way........which is fine as long as you dont LIE!!

Intel releasing a new chip.....OK~~~~ at least for now on paper, its the King. Just that all the evidence points the test being rigged which you refuse to accept, Action_Man.

RichPLS

Champion
When you have engineering samples, that is beyond on paper. You are confusing a paper launch with a product fabbed, but in the design and tweaking stage. Release date is in June predicted.

k2000k

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
All this bickering is going to make for some interesting concessions once the chips actually come out. Not saying AMD or Intel. But that way people are arguing about this you'd think that the conroe was either the second coming of jesus or the spawn of satan.

P.S
All corporations lie, that is called marketing, a corporation would be stupid if they did not lie. Telling someone to type in Intel/AMD lies into google needs to have a round house kick to the face.

linux_0

Splendid

Dear RichPLS,

I do not mean any disrespect but you have to take the whole article into account and assign a reasonable weight to all benchmarks.

The Intel CPU is better in some benchmarks while the AMD CPU is better in other benchmarks.

In all truthfulness I would dismiss all but the application and gaming benchmarks. Synthetic benchmarks are notoriously inaccurate.

I would assign PC Mark and SYSmark a weight of -infinity and give the real world benchmarks an equal weight.

As you can see Intel wins in some of the SPEC and application / game benchmarks and AMD wins in others.

Take those average them and then you will have to do the math and draw you own conclusions.

Love, peace and goodwill among civilized human beings