What memory brand?

doncorleone

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
hey guys, im buting this week my new mobo wich is the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D, but im not sure what memory i should choose to go with it. I heard in other forums that a lot of people had several problems with Corsair and with other brands. I was used to use corsair and now im a little bit confused so what should i use? (OCZ, Mushkin, GEIL and so on)

handym3000

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
well depending on budget ill assume a top end of $375.00

well there a couple of choices.

depending on the amount of overclocking i would suggest a pc3500 or a pc4000 series ram

the reason for this being you will get higher timings w/o having to underclock your memory.
but do be aware of this you have to o/c your processor to match the mhz of the ram.

now to the choices.

ocz makes great ram but i would bot suggest the pc3200 gold gtx 2x 512 kit it requires too much voltage to be stable. to run stable at fsb 200 it takes 3.19 volts.

the pc3500 series i would take a look at the ocz gold edition but not the gtx. make sure it is dual channel.

now to obtain the best overclock look at 2x 512 matched kits or 2x1gb kits
i would suggest the 2x1gb kits.

patriot memory has the lowest timing w/ a 2x1gb kit pc3500 its around 260$ but it will have a great performance for you.
if you pm me and you can wait till next monday i can give you a review on this ram because im going to buy it. and test it out. then i will be better able to help you