Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • DVI
  • Monitors
  • HDMI
Last response: in Windows 7
April 2, 2011 8:51:58 AM

Hi all, having major pains with multi monitor issues, New system config but older dual 9800gtx nvidea card, purely to allow on card to run svideo. on the same card main monitor plugged in via dvi to svga adapter.
Second card has both ports used with dvi to hdmi adapters sent to alt screens.
Problem is the machine will not maintain monitor setup and continually defaults away from the primary screen to the hdmi screens which are in another location, very hard to see through walls and very frustrating.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

More about : multiple monitor issues windows

a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
April 2, 2011 8:13:04 PM

latest drivers?, i've been running dual screens for years, win2K, XP, vista and 7, both dual vga and dual dvi-d, currently running dual split over two cards, i've never had any trouble like that. Have you asked the question of nvidia support? I've actually found them to be quite helpful, bizzare I know.
m
l
April 2, 2011 8:49:55 PM

Latest drivers are installed. Emails sent to microsoft technet and nvidea, haven't come back with anything I didn't check and rectify already, still comes back with the same issue.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
April 2, 2011 9:05:01 PM

try nvidias live chat thing, partly so they can't hide behind emails :) 

Its definately not right, so you're not expecting something that it can't/shouldn't deliver.
m
l
!