Sign in with
Your question

New LCD Review at PCWorld.com...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 30, 2002 5:50:27 PM

I saw a new review just posted Monday at PCWorld.com It reviews 17" and 18" LCD screens, the TFT7020 among them. While it doesn't offer much substance(perhaps in the print mag?), it does give some opinions. They rated the Viewsonic VG171 as the top 17" monitor(TFT-7020 was #2) and the Viewsonic VG181 as the best 18" monitor.

The URL is:
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,78066,00.a...

Just thought I'd pass it along...

More about : lcd review pcworld

January 30, 2002 8:29:28 PM

Why do u do a review, and then say jack about the monitors?? People have no basis to judge things on. I think what brought the TFT7020 down was the analog inputs. I don't think it looks very good in analog, but in digital, I am yet to see better.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 31, 2002 12:14:33 PM

Based on the explanation of the evaluation of the LCDs (last page of online review), I'd say the judges did not consider moving images at all in the actual scoring. This may explain why the VG171 and the VG181 (spec response times of 40ms and 50ms, respectively) ended up in the two top positions.

If anyone eventually picks up the magazine version of the review, it would be interesting to know some more about it. I'm especially interested in which samsung monitor(s) took part and why they didn't make the top fives.
February 1, 2002 4:07:41 AM

I agree the on-line version is severely lacking. I do note that they did test the 7020 in Digital mode...
!