Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Outlook Email and Different Outgoing Mail Server

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 2:15:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have a Dell Axim Pocket PC and I am trying to setup pop mail I can receive
mail but am unable to send mail. My mail server requires me to login
differently to send mail but yet I dont have htis option anywhere and it
never prompts me nor sends the message.

Anyone have any ideas or tricks

I have 2003 Second Edition

Thanks
Norman
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 2:15:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

the normal approach is to set up a new "service" in inbox that has the
same pop3 incoming mail server, but a different smtp (sending) mail
server that is related to the way you are connecting to the internet...
i.e. if you connect via tmobile, you have to send email using tmobile's
smtp server.

Select the new service when connected to that provider.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 11:34:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Why Did Microsoft do it that way when people need to use differnte out going
mail servers. Is there anything that can be updated or fixed or suggessted
that they fix? I dont want a million different profiles with different
servers.


"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in
message news:uy5feyCqEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> the normal approach is to set up a new "service" in inbox that has the
> same pop3 incoming mail server, but a different smtp (sending) mail server
> that is related to the way you are connecting to the internet... i.e. if
> you connect via tmobile, you have to send email using tmobile's smtp
> server.
>
> Select the new service when connected to that provider.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Related resources
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 3:40:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> the normal approach is to set up a new "service" in inbox that has the
> same pop3 incoming mail server, but a different smtp (sending) mail
> server that is related to the way you are connecting to the internet...
> i.e. if you connect via tmobile, you have to send email using tmobile's
> smtp server.
>
> Select the new service when connected to that provider.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Beverly,

Just to save me some searching time, are you (or is anyone else) aware
of any WM2003-based mail apps that have some Outlook-type features ie:

Multiple address configurations but one all delivered to one inbox
Ability to filter incoming mail to specific inbox sub-folders (rules)
Drop down box in send that allows you to choose the outgoing address to use.

All recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 3:40:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Webis @mail(www.pocketinformant.com) can do this.

--
Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...



"Linker3000" <linker3000@youkaytwodotnetuk2.net> wrote in message
news:415e85a7$0$22752$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
>> the normal approach is to set up a new "service" in inbox that has the
>> same pop3 incoming mail server, but a different smtp (sending) mail
>> server that is related to the way you are connecting to the internet...
>> i.e. if you connect via tmobile, you have to send email using tmobile's
>> smtp server.
>>
>> Select the new service when connected to that provider.
>>
>> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
>
> Beverly,
>
> Just to save me some searching time, are you (or is anyone else) aware of
> any WM2003-based mail apps that have some Outlook-type features ie:
>
> Multiple address configurations but one all delivered to one inbox
> Ability to filter incoming mail to specific inbox sub-folders (rules)
> Drop down box in send that allows you to choose the outgoing address to
> use.
>
> All recommendations gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 9:15:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices] wrote:
> Webis @mail(www.pocketinformant.com) can do this.
>
Thanks - I'll go have a look!
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 3:06:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices] wrote:
> Webis @mail(www.pocketinformant.com) can do this.
>
Good prog but no inbound mail filtering/sorting to subfolders
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 1:05:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

>> Why Did Microsoft do it that way when people need to use differnte
out going mail servers. <<

MS is a big company... I don't have a clue how they determine ppc
program design or features.

>> Is there anything that can be updated or fixed or suggessted that
they fix? <<

Unfortunately, you are not Microsoft's direct customer... other than
posting your feelings here (which are common on this subject) the best
option you have is to give strong feedback to the oem that makes your
pocketpc as they are MS's direct customer... the more people who make
their feelings known to the manufacturer, the higher the chances that MS
will pay attention.

....I gave up "expecting" some time ago ;-)

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 2:43:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

That's a little pessimistic, Bev. I think we can dredge up a few instances
where MS has made OS changes based on what the end users were expecting. It
only stands to reason that the OEMs would support changes in the delivered
OS that their customers requested in the first place. MS is a very scenario
driven company. It has usage visions, and designs to those visions. Many
were somewhat shorted sighted, in my opinion, and didn't envision all the
uses that consumers are putting PPCs to. In the case of the Inbox, I fear
that the vision surrounded folks using Outlook connected to an Exchange
Server. Who would need more than that? ;)  They didn't even seem to be aware
that they offered an e-mail service of their own at MSN that folks might
want to access on their PPCs until recently.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in
message news:%23rCmjabqEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> Why Did Microsoft do it that way when people need to use differnte
> out going mail servers. <<
>
> MS is a big company... I don't have a clue how they determine ppc
> program design or features.
>
> >> Is there anything that can be updated or fixed or suggessted that
> they fix? <<
>
> Unfortunately, you are not Microsoft's direct customer... other than
> posting your feelings here (which are common on this subject) the best
> option you have is to give strong feedback to the oem that makes your
> pocketpc as they are MS's direct customer... the more people who make
> their feelings known to the manufacturer, the higher the chances that MS
> will pay attention.
>
> ...I gave up "expecting" some time ago ;-)
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!