"Im sorry you can only buy 1"

**Slaps forehead**

Propain666

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Try new SLI NOW!

(Limit 1 per customer)

Thank you come again!

I just spoke to some CS rep on the phone and it was some 18 year old girl like...

Girl "Ummmmm like whats SLI??"

Me "2 Vid card in the same computer"

Girl "Uhhhh ummm like ok so whats wrong"

Me "It says I can only buy 1"

Girl "Like duhhh so whats the problem"

Me "I need 2!!"

Girl "Well uhhhh like ya cant have 2!"

I just hung up..... idiots. I can understand limiting per customers but since its SLI you figure they might limit it to 2!!

Genius.

crazypyro

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
there probably expecting more demand than surplus, so there limiting to "1per customer" so they can sell to more ppl. can't blame them for doing this, especially since same bios and same card manufacturer doesn't matter.

but anyways, why not buy one get it all processed, then order another one as a seperate item, your buying two just not on the same order list.

WOWchamp

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2005
If that dosent work just order one and then order another one with the same everything except change the address they send it to.. if they will allow that.

If I had the cash for 2 and wanted two this is what I would do.

Order one myself and have it sent to myself

Order a second one with my uncles credit card and have it sent to his business. I work there so I would get it while im at work and take it home with me.

WIN FREAKEN WIN

And she's by far not the dumbest sales rep out there

WOWchamp

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2005
This is a true story and it happend to me yesterday morning.

I work for my uncle in a amusment business. We handel everything from pool tables to plush cranes. He has a 14ft box truck he uses to move things with and so forth. The only relevance to that is we had to go out and pick it up at the repair shop so we decided to stop into circuit city and pick up more ram for his Dimension 1100B (Idiots at dell shipped it with 256MB RAM ROFL). So I go to the tech salesman over at circuit city (after searching through the very unclearly marked kingston ram boxes) and ask if I had in my hand a 184 pin DDR PC3200 RAM DIMM. The guy tells me yes... so I take two of them and pay with a check. We only have two checks with us so keep that little fact in mind. Before we leave I just decide look in one of the boxes and to my sheer amazment it was DDR2 PC4200 RAM!!!!!

I marched right back to the guy who had told me it was DDR and handed him the chip.... he says whats the problem sir. I said this isnt DDR its DDR2... he looks right at it and says no its not this is DDR. I get another sales person over and he corrects the other guy and appoligizes. To make matters worse the correct ram DIMMS were more expensive and we couldnt get them.

If you do not know and understand the products your selling, DONT SELL THEM. He may have just not known... but wrather then saying he didnt know he LIED to me.. RIGHT TO MY FACE.

The girl on newegg support wasnt nearly that bad.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I would much rather have a sales person tell me they don't know than make something up. Besides, since Newegg doesn't take orders over the phone, so that's not a sales rep as much as a customer care rep.

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
I was looking at BestBuy the other day for a new 26" HDTV. The first one I saw had a stretched picture, obviously way too wide. The salesman explained that's the way it came, you had to watch DVD's distorted that way but "it plays regular TV just fine". I had looked at the last of the tube HDTV's which he explained all of which had VGA inputs :roll:

mpjesse

Splendid
I'm a little confused by your post.

1st off, most HDTV's do not display DVD's in the right AR. And there's no good way to fix it. He's right, DVD's were designed for the 4:3 ratio; not 16:9 or otherwise. This however should be fixed w/ HD-DVD/Bluray

2nd, a lot of tube HDTV's and otherwise do have VGA (D-Sub/RGB) inputs. Mine does...

-mpjesse

mpjesse

Splendid
oh wait... i see what ur saying. he said that the hdtv u were looking at "displays regular TV just fine."

yeah- he's an idiot. although, on most HDTV sets you can change the AR to 4:3.

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Right, that's what I meant, he didn't know 4:3 could be set. In fact none of the actual tube models had VGA inputs there in the store, some didn't even have composite which I can't understand on a supposed HDTV. I really wanted to buy locally for such a big purchase but the other alternative is Walmart. I guess it's too much to ask to expect these guys to know all the products but they should at least be aware enuf not to lie.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Try new SLI NOW!

(Limit 1 per customer)

Thank you come again!

I just spoke to some CS rep on the phone and it was some 18 year old girl like...

Girl "Ummmmm like whats SLI??"

Me "2 Vid card in the same computer"

Girl "Uhhhh ummm like ok so whats wrong"

Me "It says I can only buy 1"

Girl "Like duhhh so whats the problem"

Me "I need 2!!"

Girl "Well uhhhh like ya cant have 2!"

I just hung up..... idiots. I can understand limiting per customers but since its SLI you figure they might limit it to 2!!

Genius.
LOL, that's funny, really shows the intelligence of the average teen 8OWell you would be surprised as to how ignorant the general public is in regards to computers. you should see how many "What is memory?" and "What does a video card do?" "whats megahertz?" it may sound surprising, but stop someone walking down the sidewalk and ask him about some random PC component and youll either get punched or get WTF?

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Do not shop at Best Buy......they have the worst customer service and the dumbest sales associates(for the most part) in the industry....I wanted to buy a TV..it was during a weekday when the banks were open...banks were open mind you. so I go to pay with a check and I get this big fricken deal made when they ask me why the address on the check didn't match the one on my liscense. I preceded to tell them that the address on the check was correct and that if they needed more verfication that we could call the bank and verify funds and who I am....no no no......against their policy......so I preceded to ask them ...so let me get this strait...I can verify who I am, the address on the check is correct and most importantly I want to spend money at your store......and you don't want to sell it to me....is that what you are saying..? ShO nough...they said it was against their policy so they refused to sell me a TV.....now they wonder why they are rated one of the poorest customer service companies EVER....stupid a$$holes

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Actualy, that's fairly standard for a check and a big purchase. Some managers are better than others, but there is a lot of check fraud, and since most stores accept other forms of payment (such as Debit Cards and Credit linked to checking) that are less prone to money loosing fraud (They are garunteed to get their money, even if it's not the right person using the card), so they are sticklers for checks. I only pay with a check at one store, and that's because it's either that or cash for an employee discount.