Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Attention all Intel Trolls and AMD Gnomes

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Marketing
  • Intel
  • AMD
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 9, 2006 10:53:31 PM

Anyone here a Business Marketing and Management Major/Graduate like I am?

It's funny how all you AMD and Intel Fanboys are bickering. Well keep it up--because you're doing exactly what we want you to do. (It's actually working!) The theory is that there's an unspoken agreement within all types of industries--including the CUP industry--to create this type of environment through marketing to help control prices. (In this case I guess you can throw in IBM and Sun into the equation.) Each side spins doctors their claims, controversy erupts, demand remains steady (or increases), prices remain steady, profits roll in and the industry is protected from saturation. Whom ever spins better at any particular point will bring in more profits. It's just may have secretly become a marketing war instead of a processor war. (But we dont want to tell you that). Just keep on falling for what we tell you and how we want for you to feel and bring in the profits baby!

Show me the Money!

More about : attention intel trolls amd gnomes

March 9, 2006 10:59:11 PM

what? dude so your saying our constant fighting with each other is useless and it only makes the corporations money? so this fightin is bad for us but good for your boss right? when we fight you get money? :? damn this is confusing :? so its good that we fight for you but bad for us but its bad if were good for you but its good for us then you just spin some words and make us fight right? so you can make money? am i right
March 9, 2006 11:06:01 PM

Exactly... but you didn't hear it from me 8)

Wanna research it for yourself? Ask any of your Business Admin. friends or go to your local bookstore and head for the Business section. Pick up a basic marketing book and Organizational Management book and see for yourself. The best case example of this at the moment is the Oil and Gas industry. Keep up with the news as they are under congressional investigation.

On the CPU side, it's just not as big since not everyone's a techie.
Related resources
March 9, 2006 11:08:59 PM

Quote:
Anyone here a Business Marketing and Management Major/Graduate like I am?

It's funny how all you AMD and Intel Fanboys are bickering. Well keep it up--because you're doing exactly what we want you to do. (It's actually working!) The theory is that there's an unspoken agreement within all types of industries--including the CUP industry--to create this type of environment through marketing to help control prices. (In this case I guess you can throw in IBM and Sun into the equation.) Each side spins doctors their claims, controversy erupts, demand remains steady (or increases), prices remain steady, profits roll in and the industry is protected from saturation. Whom ever spins better at any particular point will bring in more profits. It's just may have secretly become a marketing war instead of a processor war. (But we dont want to tell you that). Just keep on falling for what we tell you and how we want for you to feel and bring in the profits baby!
Show me the Money!
isn't that TOP SECRET :twisted: 8) 8O
March 9, 2006 11:17:20 PM

ya i think that government agents are coming to his house right now :lol: 
March 9, 2006 11:26:55 PM

This marketing guy clearly has no insight into the computer industry market. The main key point he is missing is the fact that Intel and AMD work on a technological profile i.e. it doesn't matter how many "oranges" they sell each week because, due to the nature of the component market, the orange that tastes the sweetest is gonna sell anyway: it's in THEIR best interests to make the fastest chip.

AMD and Intel fanboys are just people that shoot off their horns on the forums, and are unlikely to influence the market in any major respect. This is because they will likely buy the next fastest price/perf processor that becomes available. Also, the big players, that actually buy the hardware in serious amounts are either 1) gonna be tied to a certain brand for specific reasons or 2) gonna go with the fastest chip/performance/cost per bang, on the market, and thus make most profit.

The consumer derivative of a specific model type (i.e. Athlon64 or the up-coming Conroe) is usually just that: a consumer chip. But it's unlikely that this consumer chip was designed from the ground up to go out to the mainstream. These chips are scaled down versions of server chips, which rely on performance to survive.

To conclude: ok, this guy has a point about the spin doctoring, as seen with the latest conroe results perhaps. But in a marketplace that relies on solid, profound, honest benchmarking from sites such as Tom's to create consumer awareness, does he really think that spin doctoring will make a difference?

The conly thing we fall for is the honest, professional advice that benhmarking programs feed back to us. This is an un-interrupted, noise free signal from the heart of the components running them.

To be honest... I doubt you will ever make a penny out of the market, purely because your so heavily un-educated.

Enjoy your day.
March 9, 2006 11:27:10 PM

awe day-m... they just rang my bell :( 
March 9, 2006 11:45:26 PM

Quote:
The consumer derivative of a specific model type (i.e. Athlon64 or the up-coming Conroe) is usually just that: a consumer chip. But it's unlikely that this consumer chip was designed from the ground up to go out to the mainstream. These chips are scaled down versions of server chips, which rely on performance to survive.

To conclude: ok, this guy has a point about the spin doctoring, as seen with the latest conroe results perhaps. But in a marketplace that relies on solid, profound, honest benchmarking from sites such as Tom's to create consumer awareness, does he really think that spin doctoring will make a difference?

The conly thing we fall for is the honest, professional advice that benhmarking programs feed back to us. This is an un-interrupted, noise free signal from the heart of the components running them.





Ok..he's actually right. I just wanted to inject some sarcasm into the Fanboy world.

The ones who are really driving the market are the corporate buyers and not the enthisiasts. The enthusiasts only make up a very small percentage of the profits which are insignificant.
The markets that the CPU companies spend the mose amount of energy on is the server market and then the large corporate comsumer market (e.g., Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) This is why there are different classes of processors and each has different production standards and budgets. Thus, this is why the server chips are the ones in which the most R&D goes into and any other consumer/pro-sumer derivatives are just scaled down versions of the server processors. And yes, the only way to filter out the noise is through independent research and tools such as benchmarking.

but... of course the comsumer and ehthusiast markets are still markets and thus the spin doctoring. Besides, the CPU companies don't really expect the large corporations to fall for biased marketing... the corporations have experts to prevent thoes misled decisions...don't they Dell? :twisted:
March 10, 2006 12:05:39 AM

Yes Gentrie, but again you waffle on. The consumer and enthusiast markets are there, of course. But you are failing to realise that the enthusiast market is quite possibly the least susceptible to spin-doctoring, purely because they check out their performance figures, they check out their local prices and probably order their components in separately for their own build.

Building a computer is an art. Enthusiasts aren't going to buy components on the say so of people like yourself.

And enthusiasts are unlikely to buy a specific brand either. They will buy the best price/performace for their budget.

As for the direct consumer market... well... alot of **** goes on within there. ||It's best to avoid it at all costs and build yourself a quality rig||

Your such a likeable character, Gentrie. People like you are really cared for and acknowledged on Toms forums. (note the SARCASM there)

Have a nice day.
March 10, 2006 12:17:19 AM

Quote:
And enthusiasts are unlikely to buy a specific brand either.


Perhaps you're correct Bio, I am quite new to the tech industry and am doing this analysis based on traditional corporate schoolbook models. However, from looking at these forums I came to the hasty conclusion that these enthustasts are pretty one sided and biased. Their brand loyalty (fanboys) seems to be deeply rooted. They seem to spin just as the CPU Corp.'s do. They point out the info which only proves their points and the arguments seem full of fallacies. Do you mean that not all enthusiasts are fanboys?
March 10, 2006 12:20:42 AM

Yeah, he really brings nothing to the table at all.

Unless we were working directly in some way towards that particular market, there is no influence here. Or if Intel and AMD has forum watch dogs keeping an eye on these forums, which I highly doubt as there really is no useful information here for them except a few posts here and there.

Marketing is influenced by what sells. Ask every average consumer which processor they prefer, they will more than likely say Intel because it's a household name.

The oil industry is different because people buy oil and gas every day and are usually more involved. The PC market, they're not.
March 10, 2006 1:05:16 AM

I think you got gipped with that online college course you took. I would try to get my money back dude..
March 10, 2006 1:09:29 AM

haha... it's even worse.. It's not online... I'm from a State University

I was going off the idea how corporations or industries fix prices under the table--which is highly illegal--and presenting the idea that maybe the CPU Corp's are actually working together and sharing resources in secret to drive the market. A little consipracy theory.
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2006 1:12:14 AM

Quote:
Anyone here a Business Marketing and Management Major/Graduate like I am?

It's funny how all you AMD and Intel Fanboys are bickering. Well keep it up--because you're doing exactly what we want you to do. (It's actually working!) The theory is that there's an unspoken agreement within all types of industries--including the CUP industry--to create this type of environment through marketing to help control prices. (In this case I guess you can throw in IBM and Sun into the equation.) Each side spins doctors their claims, controversy erupts, demand remains steady (or increases), prices remain steady, profits roll in and the industry is protected from saturation. Whom ever spins better at any particular point will bring in more profits. It's just may have secretly become a marketing war instead of a processor war. (But we dont want to tell you that). Just keep on falling for what we tell you and how we want for you to feel and bring in the profits baby!

Show me the Money!


Oh puh-leez...don't give your self so much credit...you make it sound like you're a 1%'er in league with the super elite to usher in the new world order through ultra consumerism...truth is, enthusiasts and smart consumers will see through an hype, spin, or force fed marketing around any given product to mete out the truth...

Also, I know a good psychiatrist to help you with that god complex...there are more positive ways to get attention...lemme know if you want the number.
March 10, 2006 3:13:03 AM

Sure can you give it to me?
!