Sport Pilot license?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 24, 2005 10:13:24 AM

I'm confused.

Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
have to have a Sport License..

Dallas

More about : sport pilot license

May 24, 2005 11:59:56 AM

Dallas wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
> requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
> have to have a Sport License..
>
> Dallas

No change that I've heard about. As long as it meets ultralight
standards, you need nothing to fly it.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
May 24, 2005 11:59:57 AM

It's great for those of us who have nothing.

Arthur

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
>> requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
>> have to have a Sport License..
>>
>> Dallas
>>

> No change that I've heard about. As long as it meets ultralight standards,
> you need nothing to fly it.
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:48:08 PM

Dallas wrote:
> I'm confused.
>
> Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
> requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
> have to have a Sport License..

Just curious, what IS a sport license?

Thx.

John

May 24, 2005 9:48:09 PM

"The Man Behind The Curtain (formerly The Lindbergh Baby)"
<johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
>> requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
>> have to have a Sport License..
>
> Just curious, what IS a sport license?
>
> Thx.
>

> John

New classification of specific aircraft and pilot rights and
responsibilities:

http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/sportpilot/sept1.cfm#link1

HTH,

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL / Sim Pilot Too
Chandler, AZ
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:57:04 PM

FAA is trying to push licensing requirements for ultralights too, so I
heard. Pretty soon. Soon you will need a license to do the high jump.

Mr. Steve

> I'm confused.
>
> Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
> requirements? For some reason I thought the FAA closed that hole and you
> have to have a Sport License..
>
> Dallas

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:59:28 AM

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> FAA is trying to push licensing requirements for ultralights too, so I
> heard. Pretty soon. Soon you will need a license to do the high jump.
>
> Mr. Steve

"Ultralights" are quickly becoming not so ultralight anymore.

People are slapping radios, GPSs, ballistic recovery systems, "long range"
tanks and other things that the FAA never intended for something which was
meant to be flown "around the patch" after dinner or before breakfast.

http://www.ultralightnews.ca/airventure03/rx550_trip.ht...

This type of flying is not, IMO, simply trying to be as simple and
uncomplicated as the birds.

YMMV...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ
May 25, 2005 12:43:48 PM

Jay Beckman wrote:
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>FAA is trying to push licensing requirements for ultralights too, so I
>>heard. Pretty soon. Soon you will need a license to do the high jump.
>>
>>Mr. Steve
>

> "Ultralights" are quickly becoming not so ultralight anymore.
>
> People are slapping radios, GPSs, ballistic recovery systems, "long range"
> tanks and other things that the FAA never intended for something which was
> meant to be flown "around the patch" after dinner or before breakfast.
>
> http://www.ultralightnews.ca/airventure03/rx550_trip.ht...
>
> This type of flying is not, IMO, simply trying to be as simple and
> uncomplicated as the birds.
>
> YMMV...
>
> Jay Beckman
> PP-ASEL
> Chandler, AZ

Some people will always test the limit. Fact is a person can fly a legal
ultralight without all the extras and have fun doing it.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
May 28, 2005 10:59:39 AM

> "The Man Behind The Curtain (formerly The Lindbergh Baby)"
> <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Dallas wrote:
>>
>>>I'm confused.
>>>
>>>Can you still fly an Ultralight without any license or training
>>>requirements?

Yes

http://www.usua.org/faq.htm#Q4

Quote:
Is it true that no license is required to fly an ultralight?

No license is required to fly a "Part 103 legal ultralight". However,
flying is something that is not to be taken lightly. Just because
ultralights "look simple" does not mean they can be flown without training.

USUA strongly advises people to obtain instruction from a certified
ultralight flight instructor. Even people who are already general
aviation pilots, for example, always benefit from ultralight
instruction. Ultralights have their own characteristics that most
general aviation pilots aren't accustomed to.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)