Update on my Canon IP4000 post + new query

My original post is indicated below. Here's the update:

I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a
page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both were
good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the Epson.

I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just
about as good as I can do at a store.

Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I
print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how much
does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are they as
good?

Mel (original post below):

At the moment, I am using an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and it works
GREAT!!! I use it mostly for correspondence and an occassional Greeting
Workshop effort. But, mostly business related. (I teach mathematics and use
WORD
and Math Type to create tests and it prints just great on the old Epson!)

I now have a new digital camera (Canon A75). Rumor has it that I will be
getting an IP4000 as a birthday gift. My question: is this printer just good
for printing photos or will this also be superior to my Epson for the other
aforementioned uses.

Mel

MB_ wrote:
> My original post is indicated below. Here's the update:
>
> I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a
> page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both were
> good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the Epson.
>
> I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just
> about as good as I can do at a store.
>
> Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I
> print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how much
> does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are they as
> good?

I use cartridges from this ebay seller: http://tinyurl.com/5noa3 The
cartridges do have a good bit more ink than the OEM and many other
compatible brands and the print quality is nearly as good as OEM. If
you want the absolute best then stick with the Canon brand. If getting
within 85%-90% of the quality when using genuine Canon ink is good
enough for you then go with the compatibles in the link. We go through
at least one set of cartridges every two weeks in our i9100 printer and
have had no clogging problems with these cartridges. We have saved
almost $1,500 on ink costs over the last year by using compatibles. For
us, the slight trade-off in quality is worth the savings. Besides, most
people can't and/or don't notice the difference anyway.

Mike:

I am wondering how many 4X6 pictures I can print before I need to replace
cartridges.

Mel
"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
> MB_ wrote:
>> My original post is indicated below. Here's the update:
>>
>> I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print a
>> page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both were
>> good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the
>> Epson.
>>
>> I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just
>> about as good as I can do at a store.
>>
>> Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I
>> print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how much
>> does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are they
>> as good?
>>

> I use cartridges from this ebay seller: http://tinyurl.com/5noa3 The
> cartridges do have a good bit more ink than the OEM and many other
> compatible brands and the print quality is nearly as good as OEM. If you
> want the absolute best then stick with the Canon brand. If getting within
> 85%-90% of the quality when using genuine Canon ink is good enough for you
> then go with the compatibles in the link. We go through at least one set
> of cartridges every two weeks in our i9100 printer and have had no
> clogging problems with these cartridges. We have saved almost $1,500 on
> ink costs over the last year by using compatibles. For us, the slight
> trade-off in quality is worth the savings. Besides, most people can't
> and/or don't notice the difference anyway.

My wife prints mostly pictures on the i9100 with some card stock for
doing the scrapbook stuff. She said she has printed about 30 8.5"x11"
and around 40 4"x6" photos on this set of cartridges. I have printed
several pictures too on this set. I just checked them and they are
about 20% full. It seems that the yellow cartridge runs out before the
others do for our type of use. I would estimate about 250-300 4"x6"
photo prints on a set of the compatible cartridges. At around $12 per
set of cartridges that equates to about 5 cents per 4"x6" print for ink
cost.

MB_ wrote:
> [...]

they as
> > good?
> >

> I use cartridges from this ebay seller: http://tinyurl.com/5noa3 The
> cartridges do have a good bit more ink than the OEM and many other
> compatible brands and the print quality is nearly as good as OEM. If
> you want the absolute best then stick with the Canon brand. If getting
> within 85%-90% of the quality when using genuine Canon ink is good
> enough for you then go with the compatibles in the link. We go through
> at least one set of cartridges every two weeks in our i9100 printer and
> have had no clogging problems with these cartridges. We have saved
> almost $1,500 on ink costs over the last year by using compatibles. For
> us, the slight trade-off in quality is worth the savings. Besides, most
> people can't and/or don't notice the difference anyway.

Very roughly, how many copies are you printing out per
day/week/month/whatevers easiest for you to give a figure for. Printing
photos, text or a mixture? Just trying to get a very rough handle on how
much ink to stock up for my IP3000 (or IP4000 if someone convinces me to
splah the extra cash :) )

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>
>>MB_ wrote:
>>
>>>My original post is indicated below. Here's the update:
>>>
>>>I did receive the printer. I set it up. The first thing I did was print

>>>page of text on each printer (the new Canon and the old Epson). Both
>
> were
>
>>>good, but the Epson seemed to be sharper. So, for text, I prefer the
>
> Epson.
>
>>>I then printed a photo on the Canon. IT WAS OUTSTANDING. It seemed just
>>>about as good as I can do at a store.
>>>
>>>Now another question: COST? The Canon comes with 5 cartridges. Suppose I
>>>print 4X6 photos. How many can I get out of these cartridges and how
>
> much
>
>>>does it cost to replace a cartridge? What about the compatibles? Are
>
> they as
>
>>>good?
>>>

>>I use cartridges from this ebay seller: http://tinyurl.com/5noa3 The
>>cartridges do have a good bit more ink than the OEM and many other
>>compatible brands and the print quality is nearly as good as OEM. If
>>you want the absolute best then stick with the Canon brand. If getting
>>within 85%-90% of the quality when using genuine Canon ink is good
>>enough for you then go with the compatibles in the link. We go through
>>at least one set of cartridges every two weeks in our i9100 printer and
>>have had no clogging problems with these cartridges. We have saved
>>almost $1,500 on ink costs over the last year by using compatibles. For
>>us, the slight trade-off in quality is worth the savings. Besides, most
>>people can't and/or don't notice the difference anyway.
>

> Very roughly, how many copies are you printing out per
> day/week/month/whatevers easiest for you to give a figure for. Printing
> photos, text or a mixture? Just trying to get a very rough handle on how
> much ink to stock up for my IP3000 (or IP4000 if someone convinces me to
> splah the extra cash :) )

I would say we print about 400 photo's a month and my wife also uses it
to print on card stock for her scrap booking hobby. This month we took
photos at a wedding and supplied many copies to the groom's side of the
family. The printer was working overtime the past two weeks. :) You
would probably see less prints from a set of cartridges in an IP3000
since it has fewer of them (and therefore less ink) than the i9100.

Before we bought the i9100 about a year ago I researched quite a few
photo printers. When you include the use of compatible cartridges in
Canon printers there really is nothing I found that can come close to
equaling the cost efficiency of their printers. For our use, which is
amateur photography and printing for ourselves, family and friends, the
quality and longevity of the prints we make are more than satisfactory.

> Simon Finnigan wrote:
> > "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message

> > were

> > Epson.

> > much

> > they as

> >>I use cartridges from this ebay seller: http://tinyurl.com/5noa3 The
> >>cartridges do have a good bit more ink than the OEM and many other
> >>compatible brands and the print quality is nearly as good as OEM. If
> >>you want the absolute best then stick with the Canon brand. If getting
> >>within 85%-90% of the quality when using genuine Canon ink is good
> >>enough for you then go with the compatibles in the link. We go through
> >>at least one set of cartridges every two weeks in our i9100 printer and
> >>have had no clogging problems with these cartridges. We have saved
> >>almost $1,500 on ink costs over the last year by using compatibles. For
> >>us, the slight trade-off in quality is worth the savings. Besides, most
> >>people can't and/or don't notice the difference anyway.
> >

> > Very roughly, how many copies are you printing out per
> > day/week/month/whatevers easiest for you to give a figure for. Printing
> > photos, text or a mixture? Just trying to get a very rough handle on
how
> > much ink to stock up for my IP3000 (or IP4000 if someone convinces me to
> > splah the extra cash :) )
> >

> I would say we print about 400 photo's a month and my wife also uses it
> to print on card stock for her scrap booking hobby. This month we took
> photos at a wedding and supplied many copies to the groom's side of the
> family. The printer was working overtime the past two weeks. :) You
> would probably see less prints from a set of cartridges in an IP3000
> since it has fewer of them (and therefore less ink) than the i9100.
>
> Before we bought the i9100 about a year ago I researched quite a few
> photo printers. When you include the use of compatible cartridges in
> Canon printers there really is nothing I found that can come close to
> equaling the cost efficiency of their printers. For our use, which is
> amateur photography and printing for ourselves, family and friends, the
> quality and longevity of the prints we make are more than satisfactory.

Looking at the figures you`ve given, and Caitlin, it looks as if the ink
carts run out slightly quicker than they do in my current Epson C64. Then
again, they`re a fraction of the price, and the IP3000 has a few other nice
features that appeal to me a lot. I don`t think I can justify the extra
cash for the IP4000, but I`m very much looking forward to my new toy now :)

--

Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>
>>Simon Finnigan wrote:
>>
>>>"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message

>>>were

>>>Epson.

>>>much

>>>they as

>>>Very roughly, how many copies are you printing out per
>>>day/week/month/whatevers easiest for you to give a figure for. Printing
>>>photos, text or a mixture? Just trying to get a very rough handle on
>
> how
>
>>>much ink to stock up for my IP3000 (or IP4000 if someone convinces me to
>>>splah the extra cash :) )
>>>

>>I would say we print about 400 photo's a month and my wife also uses it
>>to print on card stock for her scrap booking hobby. This month we took
>>photos at a wedding and supplied many copies to the groom's side of the
>>family. The printer was working overtime the past two weeks. :) You
>>would probably see less prints from a set of cartridges in an IP3000
>>since it has fewer of them (and therefore less ink) than the i9100.
>>
>>Before we bought the i9100 about a year ago I researched quite a few
>>photo printers. When you include the use of compatible cartridges in
>>Canon printers there really is nothing I found that can come close to
>>equaling the cost efficiency of their printers. For our use, which is
>>amateur photography and printing for ourselves, family and friends, the
>>quality and longevity of the prints we make are more than satisfactory.
>

> Looking at the figures you`ve given, and Caitlin, it looks as if the ink
> carts run out slightly quicker than they do in my current Epson C64. Then
> again, they`re a fraction of the price, and the IP3000 has a few other nice
> features that appeal to me a lot. I don`t think I can justify the extra
> cash for the IP4000, but I`m very much looking forward to my new toy now :)

When it comes to inkjet printers the cost to operate is really the
deciding factor IMO. The quality between brands is so close that most
people can live with the prints produced by just about any of the major
photo printers. One last thing that I like about the Canons is that
they are fast. We get 4"x6" prints in about 40 seconds and 8.5"x11" in
less than two minutes. Getting a letter size photo print from our old
HP printer took forever. Good luck and I hope you get your new toy soon. :)

> When it comes to inkjet printers the cost to operate is really the
> deciding factor IMO. The quality between brands is so close that most
> people can live with the prints produced by just about any of the major
> photo printers. One last thing that I like about the Canons is that
> they are fast. We get 4"x6" prints in about 40 seconds and 8.5"x11" in
> less than two minutes. Getting a letter size photo print from our old
> HP printer took forever. Good luck and I hope you get your new toy soon.
:)

It`s the 4th of Jan at the moment, but apparently the IP4000 is only £100 in
a local shop. I`m trying to convince myself that going to that shop today
and braving the sales is a good idea :)

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Earn money reading emails!
http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm

Do not know how many you can get. The cost is about $10.00 per
cartridge. The larger black is pigmented and is used for text so it
should not run out when printing photos.

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Mike:
>
> I am wondering how many 4X6 pictures I can print before I need to replace
> cartridges.
>
> Mel

Not quite an answer to your question, but I just printed 25 x double sided
full colour A4 pages (to make Christmas cards) These had full colour photos
covering the whole page using Kodak Glossy double sided photo paper. So the
equivalent of about 200 4x6 prints. Prior to that I'd probably printed about
20 4x6 colour photos. This with a brand new ip4000. I now have a warning
that the yellow tank is running low, but it's still going ok for now.

Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>> When it comes to inkjet printers the cost to operate is really the
>> deciding factor IMO. The quality between brands is so close that
>> most people can live with the prints produced by just about any of
>> the major photo printers. One last thing that I like about the
>> Canons is that they are fast. We get 4"x6" prints in about 40
>> seconds and 8.5"x11" in less than two minutes. Getting a letter
>> size photo print from our old HP printer took forever. Good luck
>> and I hope you get your new toy soon. :)
>
> It`s the 4th of Jan at the moment, but apparently the IP4000 is only
> £100 in a local shop. I`m trying to convince myself that going to
> that shop today and braving the sales is a good idea :)

If you plan to print photos, you better "splah" that extra cash...it's
worthed. Anyway, this is more or less only difference between two - extra
photo black...why do you think it's called "photo" black...?

Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>
>>When it comes to inkjet printers the cost to operate is really the
>>deciding factor IMO. The quality between brands is so close that most
>>people can live with the prints produced by just about any of the major
>>photo printers. One last thing that I like about the Canons is that
>>they are fast. We get 4"x6" prints in about 40 seconds and 8.5"x11" in
>>less than two minutes. Getting a letter size photo print from our old
>>HP printer took forever. Good luck and I hope you get your new toy soon.
>
> :)
>
> It`s the 4th of Jan at the moment, but apparently the IP4000 is only £100 in
> a local shop. I`m trying to convince myself that going to that shop today
> and braving the sales is a good idea :)

And what planet are you on?

"George E. Cawthon" <GeorgeC-Boise@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Simon Finnigan wrote:
> > "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>When it comes to inkjet printers the cost to operate is really the
> >>deciding factor IMO. The quality between brands is so close that most
> >>people can live with the prints produced by just about any of the major
> >>photo printers. One last thing that I like about the Canons is that
> >>they are fast. We get 4"x6" prints in about 40 seconds and 8.5"x11" in
> >>less than two minutes. Getting a letter size photo print from our old
> >>HP printer took forever. Good luck and I hope you get your new toy
soon.

> > :)
> >
> > It`s the 4th of Jan at the moment, but apparently the IP4000 is only
£100 in
> > a local shop. I`m trying to convince myself that going to that shop
today
> > and braving the sales is a good idea :)
> >

> And what planet are you on?

I meant that the printer was going to turn up on the 4th of Jan from where
I`d ordered it from. It made sense when I wrote it :)

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Earn money reading emails!
http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm

hello everyone!

where can I find top adult preview video?

This only have I found <a href=http://www.hqpornspots.com/speculumplays/>Speculum Plays</a>

thanks