Sign in with
Your question

Overheating?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
March 10, 2006 1:10:53 AM

I'm so angry with this current build, that seems to enjoy rebooting itself just for the hell of it, even when CPU Temp isn't that high.

Sytem Specs:
- P4 Prescott 775 3.2ghz
- Thermaltake Fan with newly applied Artic Cooler
- Not much else other then 6600GT, 1GB Ram, HD, and a CD-Burner, barebones until I get this resolved.

System enjoys rebooting whenever I play games or do anything intense, however the CPU Temprature is as low as 60C or so when it reboots?

I've got automatic Windows Restarts disabled and have attempted to view the Windows Minidump logs, but apparently their are none in their according to Windbg.

Idle Temp is 37C or less which I would think is fine.

Any idea on how to verify that Minidump logs are being generated, and how I can best view them?

Any idea why I've never gotten a single Blue Screen of death with any of these restarts?

Could the additional power draw of the system, cause this P.O.S Aspire PSU to be crapping out (Not sure, since I swapped another PSU in and seemed to suffer the same issue..

Thanks for the help :) 

More about : overheating

March 10, 2006 2:37:24 PM

Download and burn an UBCD Ultimate Boot CD and test your hardware
March 10, 2006 2:41:18 PM

Quote:
Sytem Specs:
- P4 Prescott 775 3.2ghz
- Thermaltake Fan with newly applied Artic Cooler
- Not much else other then 6600GT, 1GB Ram, HD, and a CD-Burner, barebones until I get this resolved.

As soon as I saw the name of the thread, I knew what processor it had to be :lol: 

But, like wusy said, I'd look into a good brand 550w or better PSU.
Related resources
March 10, 2006 3:52:49 PM

I would test your ram w/ memtest, Sounds like a bad ramstick to me.
March 10, 2006 8:21:21 PM

Okay, I swapped everything over into a standard ATX Case with a 400 Watt PSU (Although less power draw since I removed some cooling components) and it is running fine, at about the same Temps but no reboots.

I'm going to buy a solid 500 or 550 Watt PSU for sure though, since the one in this other case is a pretty shitty OEM one.

Wish the Aspire Qpack has a bit more squeeze space for the PSU, but I'll have to make do.
!