Feb 6, 2006
Recently put these parts together:

Thermaltake 430W PSU

Asus A8N-E mobo

evga 6600 GT PCI-E video card

2x corsair value select 512 mb

amd athlon 64 3200+ socket 939

250 gig western digital sata2 HD

Everything is hooked up, and I know the monitor works. I don't have another PC I can test the video card or the CPU/mobo on.

Anyway, the problem is this:
We hook the monitor up, and start up the system, but the light on the monitor just stays yellow as if nothing is being output to it. Normally there's a second of yellow, then it goes blue and displays all the POST info, but nothing is happening.

The motherboard light is on, the HD is spinning, all of the fans are going.

I tired resetting the BIOS but that didn't work, and I also tried different DIMM's, to no avail.

Can anyone help?

linux_0

Splendid
Did you try both connectors on the 6600GT ?

Did you check the card to make sure it is seated correctly?

Is your motherboard beeping during boot?

Did you check to make sure nothing is shorting out the motherboard or any other components ( such as brass standoffs ) ???

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
I'm having the same problem with my old system. I also have a 6600GT, except it is AGP. My system only loads if I use onboard video. If I put in my video card, it won't load. Happened out of the blue after a year and a half. Not sure what to do.

ravon

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2005
as linux_0 said.. does ur mobo beep?.. and how many beeps does it make.. check ur mobo manual and correlate with the beep.. if it does not beep than its usually faulty connection to ur HD, graphic card etc meaning something physically is not where its supposed to be.... check everything. if this fails unplug everything and power up ur empty mobo.. it should beep .. refer to ur mobo manual to see what it means. and than continue adding one by one the other componenets..... dont rule out it could be ur mobo to.. so just be carefull..

ObviouslyUnsure

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
yeah it was completey my bad... I'd stared at the insides for hours and didn't realize I hadn't connected the 4 pic to the mobo ;)

I was wondering why te mobo wasn't beeping at all lol :p

Much thanks to the first person to reply, as soon as I read your post I realized how stupid I was!

Thanks to everyone,
Chris