I just received a response from Netgear about a problem I have with
their ProSafe VPN Client software. Read about the problem under the
posting "SafeNet IKE Service". The response said that I must pay
$24.95 under Premium support to get an answer.

They're telling me that people need to pay an extra charge to find out
how to fix flaws in their product. That sure sounds like a case for
the Better Business Bureau.

Anybody else have an issue with this??

Thanks

They charge this to troubleshoot your VPN - you could always pay for your
own VPN consultant (and they cost megabucks)

John Q. Public wrote:
> I just received a response from Netgear about a problem I have with
> their ProSafe VPN Client software. Read about the problem under the
> posting "SafeNet IKE Service". The response said that I must pay
> $24.95 under Premium support to get an answer.
>
> They're telling me that people need to pay an extra charge to find out
> how to fix flaws in their product. That sure sounds like a case for
> the Better Business Bureau.
>
> Anybody else have an issue with this??
>
> Thanks

Yes I did. Mine was a typo in their documentation they charged me to
correct. I filed a BBB complaint and got my money refunded.