volume control

Tags:
  • Control Panel
  • Windows XP
September 1, 2004 12:40:18 AM

My volume control has vanished. When I go to Control
Panel, Sounds and Audio devices and click place volume
icon in the taskbar I get an error message. It says that
the volume control program has not been installed and to
use add/remove programs in Control panel. I cannot find
such a program in Control Panel. I know the program is on
my hard drive somewhere or in my XP Pro CD. But where?
Please Help.

More about : volume control

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 2:11:04 AM

restart your computer, if this does not fix it, load your sound drivers again

"tetedepierre" wrote:

> My volume control has vanished. When I go to Control
> Panel, Sounds and Audio devices and click place volume
> icon in the taskbar I get an error message. It says that
> the volume control program has not been installed and to
> use add/remove programs in Control panel. I cannot find
> such a program in Control Panel. I know the program is on
> my hard drive somewhere or in my XP Pro CD. But where?
> Please Help.

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 8:56:51 AM

Thanks Rho. Now if you will tell me how to do that I'll
be all set. My problem is that I know I need the program
but can't find it!

September 4, 2004 11:22:41 AM

tetedepierre wrote:
> Thanks Rho. Now if you will tell me how to do that I'll
> be all set. My problem is that I know I need the program
> but can't find it!

This is a bit late.

To install the Volume Control applet, perform the following.

Open Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs. On the left side of the screen,
click Add/Remove Windows Components.

Click Accessories and Utilities / Details Button.

Scroll down and select Multimedia / Details Button.

Place a check mark in the Volume Control item and click OK.

This will install the Volume Control applet.

If there is already a check mark in the VC item, remove the check mark and
click OK. Exit Control Panel and reboot the system. Next, go back and follow
the instructions for adding the VC item again.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
October 4, 2008 4:34:21 PM

I last time gone to add or remove program. Than i aciddentally remove the volume control,now my volume control icon LOST ! The computer say sound card missing or sound devices lost.Now i am not able to hear any sound... Computer say download something... please help me with it,i have difficulty on it.I now everyday cannot heard sound from my computer.It is a very sad thing. please help me ... If you have some suggestion... please email me at : jazzraqimi1314@hotmail.com

Thank You,
Candidx
October 6, 2008 7:39:28 PM

So you've actually deleted the Volume Control component? The integrated part of Windows or something that the manufacturer ships with the product as bundled software?

I'd check out the manufacturer of your sound card and grab the latest drivers and software to make sure that you're fully equipped to get the most out of the audio. Otherwise, erm, I can't say I've heard of this before! You should be able to re-install just that component from Windows Add/Remove Components though.
!