Dear John Navas

I checked out your web page before I posted my reply. You obviously
know an awful lot about many things.

And your reply was at least written politely, even if if was rather
cold.Why not be a little nicer? You know, as Batman says, "If only he
would use his powers for good instead of evil."

Give it a try for two weeks. You'll like it. You'll probably even get
a lot more business as a result.

Give it up John. Whoever or whatever got you started was wrong too.
But you can do better.

larrry

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

I will second that
larry

In article <0uuuj0pd49b91s9vdthtkuog14afs8cog0@4ax.com>,
Jaylove <JayLove@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just accept the fact that you dont always the answers.

I think we all realize that John will never accept that.

In <2e026f7c.0409080437.6757b6bb@posting.google.com> on 8 Sep 2004 05:37:44
-0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer) wrote:

>I checked out your web page before I posted my reply. You obviously
>know an awful lot about many things.
>
>And your reply was at least written politely, even if if was rather
>cold.Why not be a little nicer? You know, as Batman says, "If only he
>would use his powers for good instead of evil."
>
>Give it a try for two weeks. You'll like it. You'll probably even get
>a lot more business as a result.
>
>Give it up John. Whoever or whatever got you started was wrong too.
>But you can do better.

Thank you for a (somewhat) constructive note, and for the kind words. I do
try to be nice, but my terseness (due to limited time) sometimes gets
(mis)taken for coldness. Thanks for the reminder -- I'll redouble my efforts.
In return, I suggest you take your own advice. Fair enough?

In <QrL%c.113274$%n4.8675@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:11:09
-0400, "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>... If your only
>contributions to newsgroup threads are contrarian, antagonistic, or abrupt,
>you'll not be taken seriously. ...

1. I'm not here to be taken seriously -- that's strictly up to others.

2. My contributions can sometimes be abrupt (I'd say terse). Sorry about
that, but it takes time to write more, and my time is often limited.

3. I don't think I'm contrarian or antagonistic. Sorry you feel that way.

>Thanks to John B for bringing this topic to bear.

This topic is inappropriate and off-topic -- see the newsgroup charter.

In article <XpM%c.12736$54.179509@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> 3. I don't think I'm contrarian or antagonistic. Sorry you feel that way.

What others think of your behavior elicits no more than a "I'm sorry you
feel that way."

But what you think of the behavior of others cannot be dismissed with a
simple "sorry you think that way". No one else can tell YOU that; no
sir, others have to kowtow to your way of thinking or ELSE.

Or ELSE you'll run and tell some news admins, or an ISP, or your momma,
or whatever.

Well, John: I'm sorry you feel that way.

Next.

In <elmop-9FB6E7.19374908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
19:37:49 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>[SNIP]

Grow up.

In article <vMM%c.12743$54.179483@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <elmop-9FB6E7.19374908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
> 19:37:49 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>
> >[SNIP]
>
> Grow up.

Can't resist replying, can you, John.

In <elmop-6CD022.20084808092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
20:08:48 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <vMM%c.12743$54.179483@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In <elmop-9FB6E7.19374908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
>> 19:37:49 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>>
>> >[SNIP]
>>
>> Grow up.
>
>Can't resist replying, can you, John.

And you?

John's been known for his "opinions" since the days of, oh, 300 baud modems
(or at least he'd like to think he's been an "expert" that long). I find it
funny that he's surfaced here as I had killfiled him since his days of rants
on modem technology. There's little likelihood he'll ever change, give the
past years of his behavior. Your best bet is to add him to your killfile
and move on

In article <kdP%c.10906$w%6.2294@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"CSS" <nospam@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote:

> John's been known for his "opinions" since the days of, oh, 300 baud modems
> (or at least he'd like to think he's been an "expert" that long). I find it
> funny that he's surfaced here as I had killfiled him since his days of rants
> on modem technology.

I was around then, but managed to ignore him.

In <elmop-02A97B.21271608092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
21:27:16 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <vyN%c.12753$54.179555@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Can't resist replying, can you, John.
>>
>> And you?
>
>Yeah, I can. ...

Had me fooled.

In article <y5Q%c.12783$54.179759@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >> And you?
> >
> >Yeah, I can. ...
>
> Had me fooled.

It's hilarious to watch you DANCE, Navas. You are so predictable. It's
like pulling Howdy Doody's strings.

Dance, modem boy. Dance.

In <elmop-5696DF.23343508092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
23:34:35 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>> >Yeah, I can. ...
>>
>> Had me fooled.
>
>[SNIP]

Grow up.

Ryan

Show us this charter, this holy grail of usenet. bring it before our
eyes so we may tremble with fear from the written word of John Navas. We
all know you wrote it... no show it....

In <ttQ%c.218092$bp1.160264@twister.nyroc.rr.com> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004 03:54:01
GMT, Ryan <mudesno@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Show us this charter, ...

It's posted here about every two weeks ("FAQ: Welcome to
alt.cellular.cingular!"), and thus is readily available on Google Groups.

Though I really hate to do this I am adding Navas and Elmo to my block list
as they both amount to trolls.

In article <sxS%c.12804$54.180279@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >Show us this charter, ...
>
> It's posted here about every two weeks ("FAQ: Welcome to
> alt.cellular.cingular!"), and thus is readily available on Google Groups.

Who posts it?

And why would you make someone use Google to get it, when you could just
post it yourself right here and now?

Because you're full of hot air.

In article <cjQ%c.12790$54.179874@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >> Had me fooled.
> >
> >[SNIP]

Yup. Snip away. Can't help but respond, can you.

Dance, modem boy, dance.

Dear Elmo and John,

Give it a break guys. Time out. Take a deep breath.

Shake hands and make up.

Chip

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:07:27 -0500, "Irrlaneth" <echollin@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Though I really hate to do this I am adding Navas and Elmo to my block list
>as they both amount to trolls.

Please stop top-posting or I'll be forced to PLONK you.

--
Sloth Kills!
http://www.geocities.com/slothkills/

"Ralph Blach" <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote in message
> Dear Elmo and John,
>
> Give it a break guys. Time out. Take a deep breath.
>
> Shake hands and make up.
>
> Chip

Amen!!!

bamp

In <elmop-9731DE.06213009092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004
06:21:30 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <sxS%c.12804$54.180279@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Show us this charter, ...
>>
>> It's posted here about every two weeks ("FAQ: Welcome to
>> alt.cellular.cingular!"), and thus is readily available on Google Groups.
>
>Who posts it?

I do.

>And why would you make someone use Google to get it,

I don't -- that's just another option.

>when you could just
>post it yourself right here and now?

I post it every two weeks, the maximum permitted by Usenet guidelines, and
sufficient for ready access from any decent news provider.

>Because you're full of hot air.

You're full of baloney (as usual, and as the record shows).

In <elmop-76A536.14134509092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004
14:13:45 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <nw00d.12854$54.180939@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> I post it every two weeks, the maximum permitted by Usenet guidelines,

>You're such an ass.

You're apparently as lazy as you are rude.

Since you seem incapable of anything constructive, here's a direct link:
<http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=wB9Zc.11341$54.155466@typhoon.sonic.net>

In <2e026f7c.0409090249.4d7dc54c@posting.google.com> on 9 Sep 2004 03:49:34
-0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer) wrote:

>I still think Cingular's managers are attempting to drive their short
>term profitability off the people who go over their planned minutes,
>rather than service, and that that is going to hurt them in the long
>run.

This has been the pattern of cellular ever since bucket rate plans were
introduced. Cingular broke with tradition in offering Roll Over, which makes
it easier to manage ups and downs in your usage. (To get started, you can
even sign up for a high minute plan, bank the unused minutes after a month or
two, and switch down to a lower plan.) SprintPCS now has the Fair and
Flexible plans, which is another way to manage ups and downs in your usage.

>I also think that serving the consumer and going beyond what
>people expect is what really drives long term profitability.

You may be right -- time will tell -- but thus far consumers have seemed
mostly interested in the lowest possible price.

>What if they sent you a voice mail or text message asking you to sign
>up for a new plan when you go over your minutes? Then, instead of
>having someone like me, complaining about them to 1000 strangers,
>you'd have someone locked in for years at a higher rate.

That's a good suggestion, but in the meantime, why not keep an eye on your
usage? Your phone probably has a minutes counter, and most carriers now have
easy ways to check your current usage.

>Lastly, for those of you who like to comment on things, I have a new
>blog about a totally unrelated subject-- online dating. (John, cut me
>some slack just this once. Yes, I'm off topic.) ...

I have no problem with some off-topic content in an otherwise on-topic post.
The Rule of Reason does apply. ;-)