MSN Email and the Inbox on the HP4705

October 2, 2004 1:51:36 PM

I am attempting to access MSN email with the Inbox using
wifi connected to the internet, but it will not connect
to the MSN account. My other POP3 account works fine.

How do I configured the inbox account to get it to work
with MSN email or is MSN email not compatible with the
inbox?

More about : msn email inbox hp4705

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 7:07:49 PM

Last line covers it. MSN is an HTTP mail service and that is not supported
by Inbox. Three options, 1) do it via PIE, 2) get HTTPMail at Handango, for
around $6, which adds HTTP functionality to Inbox, but wait and see if
someone confirms it works with WM2003SE, or 3) sign up for Pocket MSN which
also adds HTTP functionality to Inbox, but it is a subscription thing, which
is free at the moment. I haven't found much it does besides adding HTTP mail
support to Inbox though.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"KD Jost" <kdjost@msn.com> wrote in message
> I am attempting to access MSN email with the Inbox using
> wifi connected to the internet, but it will not connect
> to the MSN account. My other POP3 account works fine.
>
> How do I configured the inbox account to get it to work
> with MSN email or is MSN email not compatible with the
> inbox?

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 8:31:32 PM

Thanks Sven, I will try one of the Plug-ins.

Regards, KD

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Last line covers it. MSN is an HTTP mail service and that is not supported
> by Inbox. Three options, 1) do it via PIE, 2) get HTTPMail at Handango,
> for
> around $6, which adds HTTP functionality to Inbox, but wait and see if
> someone confirms it works with WM2003SE, or 3) sign up for Pocket MSN
> which
> also adds HTTP functionality to Inbox, but it is a subscription thing,
> which
> is free at the moment. I haven't found much it does besides adding HTTP
> mail
> support to Inbox though.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "KD Jost" <kdjost@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I am attempting to access MSN email with the Inbox using
>> wifi connected to the internet, but it will not connect
>> to the MSN account. My other POP3 account works fine.
>>
>> How do I configured the inbox account to get it to work
>> with MSN email or is MSN email not compatible with the
>> inbox?

October 4, 2004 5:33:53 PM

HTTPMail does work with 2003SE devices. You should be able to use the POP3
settings (for MSN not Hotmail) also but only when you are connected with MSN
as your ISP.

Adrian

!