Dell just anounced dumping intel and switching to amd......

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Dell just anounced legal action against qurious6

Kidding, but forum law might be changing very soon and they would get the 'heavies' to make you 'disappear' for comments like that.

[muffled scream]

neocristi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Unfortunately for DELL, it will never happen.
Dell is at Intel's foot.
They play as Intel sings.

But HP on the other hand...

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
yeah if that stupid law passes in N.J. i would stop posting and go on a rampage :lol: :eek: :wink: :twisted: *getting big guns* :twisted: *locking and loading* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: *forgot about ammo* :? :( :cry: :idea: *buying some* :lol: :twisted: *waiting in the shadows* :twisted:

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
AND the COMMENT about making the guy dissapear is why THG is turning into a craphole web site very quickly. Get off your high horse and find a girlfriend or something. A lighthearted post and you get all serious and threaten to ban. What a moron.

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
AND the COMMENT about making the guy dissapear is why THG is turning into a craphole web site very quickly. Get off your high horse and find a girlfriend or something. A lighthearted post and you get all serious and threaten to ban. What a moron.

ROFL, I did say I was kidding, and never said I'd ban him :p

It is up tight people like this that make the forumz a bad place for everyone - Kidding again mate :p

i know but with a title like that i almost had a heart attack (whew)

You have a heart attack if it were true?? Um, wow, just wow. Talk about stupid things to have a heart attack about.

Yes, I would much rather have a heart attack over something much better, like a heart disease, atherosclerosis, or being shot in the heart.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Dell has made it through 2 or 3 years offering only inferior Intel chips... no way in hell would they dream of switching now that the tables are about to be turned. The shoe is about to be on the other foot.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
i know but with a title like that i almost had a heart attack (whew)

You have a heart attack if it were true?? Um, wow, just wow. Talk about stupid things to have a heart attack about.

Yes, I would much rather have a heart attack over something much better, like a heart disease, atherosclerosis, or being shot in the heart.

:lol: ROTFL!!!! :lol:

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
AMD is partnering with Lenovo on some of their branded pcs as well. The fact of the matter is that in IT cost drives everything. If AMD has a lower TCO than Intel, more people buy AMD and vice versa.

liquidx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Ok, couple things. as far as the dell plays, intel sings comment = very funny

the following "now about HP..." HP already makes systems with AMD chips and they sell very well. I used to work at best buy a few years ago and that was in general the systems i pushed. I felt the emachines were too cheaply made, the compaq well enough said, the sony's are way overpriced. The HP was just the sweetspot of what we offered.

Also i never believed it for a minute considering i just read a article early this week in Tom's news that stated that Intel was lowering prices to KEEP Dell. Meaning that it is almost an obligation of Dell to stay with Intel at least for a little while longer.