jribbe1

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I am in the market to build myself a new computer. It needs to be blazing fast for rendering and graphics etc. I need some help on case selection and any other suggestions from the gurus out there. Price is no matter, speed is paramount. Here is what I have thought about putting together so far. Any help is appreciated. Also, when its built I will run some tests if you users want to see some benchmarks on a quad opteron system. Thanks.

MOBO: Tyan Thunder K8QW (S4881)
PROC: Four Opteron 885 2.6Ghz
MEM: 16 Gigs of OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 Platinum
STORAGE: I will have two RAID-0 Array's. One with two 147GB Seagate 15K U320 FibreChannel Drives and one with
four 300GB Seagate 10K U320 FibreChannel drives. I want to mount the drives as hot swapable using kits from CI Design (http://www.cidesign.com/product_detail.jsp?productID=42)

Controller Card: What is the best for my application, Qlogic or Emulex?

VIDEO: SLI Nvidia Quadro fx 4500
CASE: need a good suggestion with size and plenty of space. I also plan on using 5.25" HD kits to setup my 5 Drives in the front bays.

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I nearly fainted when I saw the parts listed and then thought about the price tags =/

Go with a TJ07 case, they look so dead sexy. Just thinkin about one... damn... AFK