Canon PIXMA 4000 CD print template here!

For everyone interesting in printing to CDR with Canon's ip4000 and
Surething CD labeler, i created a template and put it on following link:

http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/CanonPIXMA4000.zip

I hope that link works, otherwise reply here and we'll sort thing out.

I also hope it works OK. In any case, maybe you should make a test print
before you actually print on new CD
for this purpose download this design:

http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/ip4000_test_design.zip

open it and print it to coaster - you can use normal one (no need for
printable), as it's only a black circle and it will show on normal CDR, too,
so you'll see if it's centered. If not, open page setup and correct start
positions.

have fun!

Absolutely bloody brilliant!! Worked first time. Thanks a million
sleeperman!

Caitlin wrote:
> Absolutely bloody brilliant!! Worked first time. Thanks a million
> sleeperman!

i'm glad it works...

For some reason I can't download from your site sleeperman:(

Any chance you could e-mail it to me please?

Thanks a bunch!

Pete

PS please remove spamtrap from address when replying.

In article <zLtAd.7528$F6.1305174@news.siol.net>, SleeperMan
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> writes

--
Peter J. Richardson

How good are you

Thanks very much

I Hope surething are reading and its about time they did new templates every
so often

Peter J. Richardson wrote:
> For some reason I can't download from your site sleeperman:(
>
> Any chance you could e-mail it to me please?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Pete

first of all, this server may not allow download managers to access files!
Second, i uploaded two files to a second server:

http://sleeperman/topcities.com/files/CanonPIXMA4000.zip

and template at

http://sleeperman/topcities.com/files/ip4000_test_design.zip

these two files definitely doesn't allow GetRight manager...also note that
there are NO spaces in the name, but underscore ( _ ) !

I hope at least any of those two links will work...it's hard to find freeweb
hosting that allows zip and exe files uploaded...

Guy Hollins wrote:
> How good are you
>
> Thanks very much
>
> I Hope surething are reading and its about time they did new
> templates every so often

True...i managed to find some templates at http://pete.mvd2.com/ , but
these templates are OOOOOLD...i think from year 2002...
and they doesn't contain any recent printers...from canon only i865 and
i9950, both not full face.

> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> For everyone interesting in printing to CDR with Canon's ip4000 and
>> Surething CD labeler, i created a template and put it on following
>> link: http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/CanonPIXMA4000.zip
>>
>> I hope that link works, otherwise reply here and we'll sort thing
>> out. I also hope it works OK. In any case, maybe you should make a test
>> print before you actually print on new CD
>> for this purpose download this design:
>>
>> http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/ip4000_test_design.zip
>>
>> open it and print it to coaster - you can use normal one (no need for
>> printable), as it's only a black circle and it will show on normal
>> CDR, too, so you'll see if it's centered. If not, open page setup
>> and correct start positions.
>>
>> have fun!

I have tried to adapt yours to provide normal not full face but not quite
right yet I am having to use a Epson template and all I can adjust is the
page set up. My last attempt is just printing over the cd edges by a 1mm.
not bad for me.

How did you get to show the Cannon PIXMA name in the bottom right of the
surething design screen. Mine on the above shows the Epson etc even thought
I have saved it as Cannon xxx.

Regards

Guy Hollins wrote:
> I have tried to adapt yours to provide normal not full face but not
> quite right yet I am having to use a Epson template and all I can
> adjust is the page set up. My last attempt is just printing over the
> cd edges by a 1mm. not bad for me.

Yep, surethign doesn't allow inner hole to be altered at all, and as i could
find out, it doesn't allow to create one, too. So, you must open existing
template and adopt it.

> How did you get to show the Cannon PIXMA name in the bottom right of
> the surething design screen...

ha...MAGIC!
You wouldn't believe what simple hex editor can do...

> Regards
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> Guy Hollins wrote:
>>> How good are you
>>>
>>> Thanks very much
>>>
>>> I Hope surething are reading and its about time they did new
>>> templates every so often
>>
>> True...i managed to find some templates at http://pete.mvd2.com/ ,
>> but these templates are OOOOOLD...i think from year 2002...
>> and they doesn't contain any recent printers...from canon only i865
>> and i9950, both not full face.
>>

>>> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

Hi You Sleeper I have just downloaded that Template no problems and i reckon
its darn nice of you to do this for all the Pixma 4000,and 5000(My Model)
Owners that want to use Surething..
I have emailed Pete at Surething but after many many requests for an actual
Template(and not just instructions how to supposedely make one) I have had
nothing...
You Re A Gem Matey///
All the Best to you in Slovenia..
and Best wishes from My Lil Oll New Zealand
> Guy Hollins wrote:
> > I have tried to adapt yours to provide normal not full face but not
> > quite right yet I am having to use a Epson template and all I can
> > adjust is the page set up. My last attempt is just printing over the
> > cd edges by a 1mm. not bad for me.
>
> Yep, surethign doesn't allow inner hole to be altered at all, and as i
could
> find out, it doesn't allow to create one, too. So, you must open existing
> template and adopt it.
>

> > How did you get to show the Cannon PIXMA name in the bottom right of
> > the surething design screen...
>
> ha...MAGIC!
> You wouldn't believe what simple hex editor can do...
>

> > Regards
> > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

> >> True...i managed to find some templates at http://pete.mvd2.com/ ,
> >> but these templates are OOOOOLD...i think from year 2002...
> >> and they doesn't contain any recent printers...from canon only i865
> >> and i9950, both not full face.

Yea that goes for me too.

Great job

Guy Hollins wrote:
> Yea that goes for me too.
>
> Great job

Great...i'm happy that it worksm guys. As i can see this template is good
for more models, since ( i suppose) all models have the same CDR tray...at
least it would be stupid not to have it.
I did have some problems with web pages, though...now i started to learn how
to create one...with M$ frontpage.

wrotenews:fLcAd.7473$F6.1298621@news.siol.net:

> For everyone interesting in printing to CDR with Canon's ip4000 and
> Surething CD labeler, i created a template and put it on following link:
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/CanonPIXMA4000.zip
>
> I hope that link works, otherwise reply here and we'll sort thing out.
>
> I also hope it works OK. In any case, maybe you should make a test print
> before you actually print on new CD
> for this purpose download this design:
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/ip4000_test_design.zip
>
> open it and print it to coaster - you can use normal one (no need for
> printable), as it's only a black circle and it will show on normal CDR,
> too, so you'll see if it's centered. If not, open page setup and correct
> start positions.
>
> have fun!

IE says:

"You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied."

So, why does my firewall not want me to go to your page?

--
---Mapanari---

Michael Hadley

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Download Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver. 4.1.6 (Windows 8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) -(Much simpler than the ‘orrible program that’s on the printer cd).
Select Disc Label
At the bottom of the screen – hit “Layout” – Select the ALL GREY – with 3 black lines (named 007 on my version)
Select Image – it fills the disc
Move onto EDIT – Select and Cut the three lines ready for text (or add text!)

Print

Simples !

Or – if you do a lot

Save a blank jpg from Paint or similar

When it comes to Select image – select the blank – delete the edit boxes – save as “Blank CD” or similar – Put on Desktop or make a shortcut there.

Next time you want to do a disc- just double click on the file/shortcut and Easy Print will start with a blank CD – just right click and “Replace Image”

Even more Simples . . .