Comp Hangs After Installing drivers fro X 600 pro

Ady

Distinguished
May 25, 2004
HI i got a X600 Pro .
Config:
I have a AMD 3200+ 939 Pin Processor in a MSI ATI RADEON Chipset Mobo which has a 16 pci Express slot which has a onborad XPress 200 Display , and a rs 482 CHip.I have 1.5 gb of ram working at 266 mhz clock speed(MOBO supports 4 gb of ram ).I have 250 gb hard drive from seagate.Which has windows XP Pro Service pack 2 installed.

Problem:
Once i have installed the drivers for the ATI radeon X600 pro which i downloaded from WWW.ATI.COM , the Sytem hangs when it comes to login windows screen it hangs completely the keyboard nor mouse respond.Then i need to restart by pushing the restart button , then windows runs the scandisk then the same problem continues.i tried everything from reinstalling the windows XP pro and tried with different rams.I also tried installing the driver which i got along with the card , the version is 4.2 no go.The card works if i do not install the drivers i.e i get the display. I removed the card installed the drivers for the MOBO the system works fine with onboard graphix.The system does not over heat it works fine.

Ady

Ady

Distinguished
May 25, 2004
Hi ,
Thanks for replying,I am using a 400watt power supply from Zebronics.
I have tried with a different PSUs No go.

Ady