Bootup Time

My computer takes for ever to boot. When windows loads it takes a further
2mins
before I can use the computer.
I have tried Virius scans and defrag but no help.

Please someone help??

Hi robelec,

Try this:

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

And if it doesn't help, then try this:

HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316434

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"robelec" <robelec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer takes for ever to boot. When windows loads it takes a further
> 2mins
> before I can use the computer.
> I have tried Virius scans and defrag but no help.
>
> Please someone help??

donny

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002

Robelec try downloading system mechanic(30 day eval)..one the second tab at
the top allows you to disable programs not needed at startup...it will
improve the bootup time along with the adware/spyware removals. There are
other opitions on system mechanic like old temp files removal. Good luck

"robelec" wrote:

> My computer takes for ever to boot. When windows loads it takes a further
> 2mins
> before I can use the computer.
> I have tried Virius scans and defrag but no help.
>
> Please someone help??

pop

Could be a bunch of spyware; download Adaware from Lavasoft
& do a scan. If it finds a bunch, next go get Spybot Search
& Destroy and run that.