help w/ new system

ak

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
hi i just got all the parts for my new system and i was wondering if any of you could help me get it running. im pretty sure i have everything hooked up right, but when i turn it on the monitor says no signal and sometimes i get a "beeeeeep......beeeeeep........beeeeeeep......" and sometimes not. ive tried reseating the video card, it looks to be seated properly though. ive tried hooking up to the vga port on the monitor instead of the dvi port and it still does the same thing.
the video card is getting power cuz i can see the blue light on it and the fan comes on. im thinkin about just bringing it in to some computer place but i wanted to ask y'all first in case it was something easy.
19" viewsonic va912b flat panel
bfg 6600gt agp
1gig ocz ddr400
athlon 64 3700 san diego
msi k8n neo2 platinum

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Check your motherboard manual. Those beeps are telling you something, it could be a RAM issue, or maybe a cable. Check the manual and you'll know what those beeps mean.

Yeah thats what I was getting at too. Based on response I was going to suggest that the problem might not be the video card at all.

ak

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
nevermind, it was my ocz ram that wasnt working. not sure if its actually bad or what, but im going to send it back and get another one since i have no other system to test it on. thanks anyway for your input.

TRENDING THREADS