Josh28

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Hi everyone, new to this forum and would like some help.

For the past 5years (at least) I've become a big Gigabyte MB fan and use them in all my home PC's. Well it's that time again to update my main computer's motherboard and it's always hard to find what the new motherboard will be.

Currently I am running:
- GA-8IEXP Motherboard
- Intel P4 1.8Ghz Socket478
- AGP 128MB ATI Video Card

What I'm trying to do is find a new Gigabyte Motherboard that will still support AGP (cause I don't want to have to purchase a new PCI express video card), it will need to support a CPU speed of 3Ghz and higher. (doesn't have to support the Intel D, but that would be kewl)

Can anyone please recommend a motherboard to me?
I wish there was a site I could plug in what I wanted in my Gigabyte MB and have it spit out answers, but sadly not even Gigabyte's website does that.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh28

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
OK, I don't mind going with AMD at all. I started out with AMD long ago and know they're good quality.

I'm confused though with your recommendation.
Explain what the EPoX 9NPA3 + S939 Venice are, as they are obvisously not listed on Gigabyte's website.

And with an A64 3200, am I not only getting a 2Ghz processor? Not a bit step up from my current 1.8Ghz really. Was looking to do a bigger leap then that.

Any other suggestions people have feel free to pass them my way.
Thanks!!

Lan

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
He was reccomending and Epox MoBo instead of Gigabyte. Have you tried newegg.com? I just tried and couldn't find a gigabyte that meets your requirements.

This ASRock seems to be recomended because it has an AGP and a PCI Express also, which gives you upgradablity.

I like Giga-byte boards too, but if you are in a real bind, then I would probably suggest the ASRock board.