Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Hi! I'm new to these forums, just to let you know, so if i'm doing something wrong, tell me, don't flame me!

Okay, a week or two ago, i finished collecting loads of pc components and built a new system to replace my ageing Pentium 4 Northwood chip system. My new system at first had loads of teething problems, but it turned out to be a really faulty hard-drive from Western Digital, so i returned that and bought a Seagate hard-drive from a local shop. Anyway here's the specs:

AMD64 X2 4200+ Overclocked to 2.4Ghz (Don't see a need to OC it further, its fast enough as it is) and cooled with a Zalman CNPS9500 heatsink.
A8N-E MoBo with updated BIOS
2GB of Corsair XMS DDR RAM
ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB non-OCed (Powerful enough as it is... so no need of OCing) with an Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 heatsink
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Seagate 300GB SATA2 with 16MB cache 7200rpm
NEC 4550A DVDRW drive
Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU...

and then add 2 Akasa 120mm blue LED fans, 2 UV cold cathode tubes, and a Sunbeam Liquid Neon blue light with ripple effect.... (damn, i'm a sucker for blue mods)... all inside an Antec Super Lanboy case...

The most powerful pc i've ever owned, and i don't regret splashing out on the gear. The reason why i went AMD because i found them to be the cheapest for the performance, and performance-wise, they are incredible. Too bad i've only had bad experiences with Intel :? . Anyway, what do you think of my system?

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
*screams like a little girl as he becomes overwhelmed... so picks up a crowbar and goes all HL2-style* Back! BACK! The pc is MINE!! My only.... my prrreciousssss.....

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
*chokes to death... and collapses all dramatically onto his desk....* Oh yeah, i forgot to add i bought a Samsung SyncMaster 730BF 4ms response time 17 inch TFT monitor.... and using it as part of a dual display with my old CRT monitor... *goes back to dying...*

kolemunky

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
The only question is.....whats with the aftermarket coolers if youre not OCin to extremes. Kinda overkill IMO, and you just killed your warranty too. crank those bitches up!!! nice system tho. gj. (pats bluefinger on back)

samir_nayanajaad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I drive through the suburbs of a normally quite little city, I’m on my way to a crime scene, an apparent burglary gone horribly wrong.

I cross the yellow tape, “What’s happened here?”

“Oh sh!t captain its horrible you’ll just have to see for yourself!”

I can tell that deputy has puked his guts out all ready; I know I’m not in for a mess that a Brawne Paper towel clean up.

I walk into the den to see the coroner zipping up a body bag, “This one and the one over there appear to be blunt force trauma to the head, if it was the stick or crowbar I cant say right now, but Ill know when we get ‘em back to the lab”

“How bout him, the one slumped on the desk?” I ask.

“Oh” replies the coroner “It appears to be chloroform choked him to death, who ever did that one wanted him dead not knocked out.”

“Hey cap you gotta see this!”

It was that vomit smelling deputy again, Jesus what was I in for next.

I approach the kitchen to see one high dollar pc on the bar, and some lunatic with his hand suck in a cookie jar. Then I saw it, this poor smuck had apparently tried to gnaw his one arm off like some rabid coyote trapped in a snare.

“Well, I bet this computer has something to do with this, I’d better take this into evidence myself.”

I drive myself to the local air port, “One way to Mexico City” I tell the cute blond behind the counter. I hesitate but in my mind think “Dumb cops won’t notice for a week anyway.”

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I drive through the suburbs of a normally quite little city, I’m on my way to a crime scene, an apparent burglary gone horribly wrong.

I cross the yellow tape, “What’s happened here?”

“Oh sh!t captain its horrible you’ll just have to see for yourself!”

I can tell that deputy has puked his guts out all ready; I know I’m not in for a mess that a Brawne Paper towel clean up.

I walk into the den to see the coroner zipping up a body bag, “This one and the one over there appear to be blunt force trauma to the head, if it was the stick or crowbar I cant say right now, but Ill know when we get ‘em back to the lab”

“How bout him, the one slumped on the desk?” I ask.

“Oh” replies the coroner “It appears to be chloroform choked him to death, who ever did that one wanted him dead not knocked out.”

“Hey cap you gotta see this!”

It was that vomit smelling deputy again, Jesus what was I in for next.

I approach the kitchen to see one high dollar pc on the bar, and some lunatic with his hand suck in a cookie jar. Then I saw it, this poor smuck had apparently tried to gnaw his one arm off like some rabid coyote trapped in a snare.

“Well, I bet this computer has something to do with this, I’d better take this into evidence myself.”

I drive myself to the local air port, “One way to Mexico City” I tell the cute blond behind the counter. I hesitate but in my mind think “Dumb cops won’t notice for a week anyway.”

ROFL :lol: nice one....