x1900xt not saving settings

Awchoo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
My card finally came in and after tinkering with it all morning, I went to log off and just before it did, the default settings changed and all the reds disappeared from my screen, causing a tremendous blue push.

So i went back in, and looked at the catalyst control center and saw the color curve was bowed way down. I restored the defaults and i got my color balance back.

Go to log off again....same thing.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the settings not to be saved?

running off a dell 2405Fpw if that helps any. Using the latest catalyst 6.3 drivers.

thanks.

bhavv

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Which drivers are you using and have you tried to reinstall them? Reinstalling drivers usually solves these kinds of issues. Just to be sure, use the latest ones of ATIs site to see if it fixes the problem (6.3)

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
-Bluntside- Responing....

usually when U play an intense game por a prolonged period of time or if its really overclocked, over a period of time the catalyst 6.3 tends to corrupt. If u have catalyst6.3 w/control center I'd advise U 2 reinstall the driver w/out the control center or simply not use the control center. The center does not work efficiently as the Nvidia centre does, If Your looking for a great ati tool search it a www.majorgeeks.com or google it keyword: Ati tool.

Good luck and have phun!! :D

ia-Ryu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Probably a stupid question, but it's always worth it to ask.

If you open ATI Tool and change settings, then close ATI Tool, do the settings stay?

Example: I overide Fan Settings and set the fan speed to 60%.
I close ATI Tools.

Does the fan STAY at 60%?

-Ryu

RichPLS

Champion
Configure as desired applying each setting, then use profiles manager to create a user profile, being sure to select chechbox "all Catalyst Control Center settings".
Then if this happens again, you will have them saved for quick refresh.
Save as many as you like with different names.