Some good ultralights and Sport Planes

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 25, 2005 12:51:52 PM

Here are some pages which show some of the ultralights I would love to
fly. Some are 2 seaters or single seat but too heavy to be classified as
an ultralight. I think most will enjoy seeing these, especially Lawn
Dart. I'll get her flying for real some day.

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68421...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72170...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72442...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69430...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69520...

http://www.ultraflight.com/issues/jan2001/jan01page26.h...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72473...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=56966...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70313...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68452...

http://www.innovatortech.ca/

http://www.innovatortech.ca/xe_gallery.html

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72128...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=71624...

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70583...

Click - Most recent ultralight and browse through some good aircraft.

http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php
Select Ultralight

Browse down left menu and click on these.

Kolb

Fisher

Hi-Max

Mini-Max

Rans

Air Bike

Challenger

Flightstar

Freebird

Gyrocopter

Mitchell Wing

Powered Parachute

Quad City

Quicksilver

Reliant

Sky Cycle

Slipstream

T-Bird

Team ***************************

Trike

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
May 25, 2005 3:33:15 PM

May 26, 2005 12:38:21 AM

Lawn Dart wrote:

>>I think most will enjoy seeing these, especially Lawn Dart. I'll get
>>her flying for real some day.
>

> I truly hope that someday I will be flying at least an ultralight
> and/or sport plane! I've been drooling over these small planes for a
> while now, but I still have to sort out my pecuniary viability
> issues. Hopefully, within a year or so, I'll be in a position to get
> serious about some real flying! :-)
>
> In the meanwhile, a friend of mine has a couple of hang gliders, and
> he has promised to get me up in the air later this summer after he
> returns from overseas. That will be wonderful! :-)
>
> - --
> Melissa

You will love it. Did I ask, can you land on the beach close enough to
taxi to your house. Now that would be great....

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
May 26, 2005 12:38:22 AM

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:11:53 AM

There are a few out there. I am using a Cub and an Ercoupe an a Van's RV3.
I have a couple more but I am not sure whether they fit the category
totally. I am not sure where I got all them from, but if anyone wants them,
I still have the original zip files from the downloads and can email them

Mr. Steve

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Here are some pages which show some of the ultralights I would love to
> fly. Some are 2 seaters or single seat but too heavy to be classified as
> an ultralight. I think most will enjoy seeing these, especially Lawn Dart.
> I'll get her flying for real some day.
>

> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68421...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72170...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72442...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69430...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69520...
>
> http://www.ultraflight.com/issues/jan2001/jan01page26.h...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72473...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=56966...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70313...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68452...
>
> http://www.innovatortech.ca/
>
> http://www.innovatortech.ca/xe_gallery.html
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72128...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=71624...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70583...
>
> Click - Most recent ultralight and browse through some good aircraft.

> http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php
> Select Ultralight
>
> Browse down left menu and click on these.
>
> Kolb
>
> Fisher
>
> Hi-Max
>
> Mini-Max
>
> Rans
>
> Air Bike
>
> Challenger
>
> Flightstar
>
> Freebird
>
> Gyrocopter
>
> Mitchell Wing
>
> Powered Parachute
>
> Quad City
>
> Quicksilver
>
> Reliant
>
> Sky Cycle
>
> Slipstream
>
> T-Bird
>
> Team ***************************
>
> Trike
>

> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

May 26, 2005 3:53:53 AM

"Lawn Dart"
>but I still have to sort out my pecuniary viability

Damn, Dart....

You made me go to the dictionary. :-)

Dallas
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:45:09 PM

Hi Varmit,

What for - "viability" has been in use for years (at least here in Aus',
that is)! :-)

Regards,
John Ward

> "Lawn Dart"
>>but I still have to sort out my pecuniary viability
>
> Damn, Dart....
>
> You made me go to the dictionary. :-)
>
> Dallas

May 26, 2005 2:45:10 PM

John Ward wrote:
> What for - "viability" has been in use for years (at least here in
> Aus', that is)! :-)
>
>>> but I still have to sort out my pecuniary viability

Varmit's get perplexed with a but.............
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:59:10 PM

Hi CRaSH,

But I thought they were perspicacious and nimble-minded, even if
sometimes somewhat irascible?

Lemme see, did I include a but in that? Oh yeah, there it is, OK - that
should have him stumped then. :-))

Regards,
John Ward
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> John Ward wrote:
>> What for - "viability" has been in use for years (at least here in
>> Aus', that is)! :-)

> Varmit's get perplexed with a but.............

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:04:49 PM

Hi Varmit,

Have you tried the Kolb Firefly (released the last few days on
Avsim/FlightSim, with a subsequent Fix)?

Seems to be able to fly very slowly, seems to have a huge field of
vision, and includes a Float version to boot.

Regards,
John Ward

> "boB">
>> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72442...
>
> This one looks like something Crash could fly with his remote controller.
>
> Dallas

May 26, 2005 7:04:50 PM

"John Ward"
> Have you tried the Kolb Firefly (released the last few days on
> Avsim/FlightSim, with a subsequent Fix)?

G'day mate!

Yeah, I flew the wings off the FS2000 and FS2002 versions... liked them a
lot. But the Challenger pretty much does everything I need nowadaze.

Dallas
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:37:10 PM

Hi Varmit,

What, the Space Shuttle, you mean?
Strewth - what's the link for that? :-))

Where do we get this Challenger you're referring to - is it the Lyons
one?

Regards,
...... Challenged John
news:p 4dle.556$IL3.437@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "John Ward"
>> Have you tried the Kolb Firefly (released the last few days on
>> Avsim/FlightSim, with a subsequent Fix)?
>
> G'day mate!
>
> Yeah, I flew the wings off the FS2000 and FS2002 versions... liked them a
> lot. But the Challenger pretty much does everything I need nowadaze.
>
> Dallas

May 26, 2005 7:37:11 PM

"John Ward"
> Where do we get this Challenger you're referring to - is it the Lyons
> one?

Dear John who rode the little bus to school,

Yup.

Dallas
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:24:06 AM

boB,
I just downloaded & installed a nice freeware ultralight this week. It
is the Kolb Firestar, an updated version for FS2004. It is in the file
library at www.flightsim.com. There is a wheeled version, and a float
version. I took it up for an early morning flight over the Grand Canyon. The
view can't be beat.

Randy L.

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Here are some pages which show some of the ultralights I would love to
> fly. Some are 2 seaters or single seat but too heavy to be classified as
> an ultralight. I think most will enjoy seeing these, especially Lawn Dart.
> I'll get her flying for real some day.
>

> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68421...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72170...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72442...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69430...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=69520...
>
> http://www.ultraflight.com/issues/jan2001/jan01page26.h...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72473...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=56966...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70313...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=68452...
>
> http://www.innovatortech.ca/
>
> http://www.innovatortech.ca/xe_gallery.html
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=72128...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=71624...
>
> http://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=70583...
>
> Click - Most recent ultralight and browse through some good aircraft.

> http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php
> Select Ultralight
>
> Browse down left menu and click on these.
>
> Kolb
>
> Fisher
>
> Hi-Max
>
> Mini-Max
>
> Rans
>
> Air Bike
>
> Challenger
>
> Flightstar
>
> Freebird
>
> Gyrocopter
>
> Mitchell Wing
>
> Powered Parachute
>
> Quad City
>
> Quicksilver
>
> Reliant
>
> Sky Cycle
>
> Slipstream
>
> T-Bird
>
> Team ***************************
>
> Trike
>

> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

May 27, 2005 7:50:20 AM

RandyL wrote:
> boB,
> I just downloaded & installed a nice freeware ultralight this week. It
> is the Kolb Firestar, an updated version for FS2004. It is in the file
> library at www.flightsim.com. There is a wheeled version, and a float
> version. I took it up for an early morning flight over the Grand Canyon. The
> view can't be beat.
>
> Randy L.

Thanks Randy. I am in the process of installing it. It's a little
different. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
May 27, 2005 7:06:51 PM

boB wrote:
> RandyL wrote:
>
>> boB,
>> I just downloaded & installed a nice freeware ultralight this
>> week. It is the Kolb Firestar, an updated version for FS2004. It is in
>> the file library at www.flightsim.com. There is a wheeled version, and
>> a float version. I took it up for an early morning flight over the
>> Grand Canyon. The view can't be beat.
>>
>> Randy L.
>

> Thanks Randy. I am in the process of installing it. It's a little
> different. :)

Did I miss something? I went to the site and all I could find was a 80
K file.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:58:37 PM

boB,
Search the file library at ww.flightsim.com for the filename "kf2.zip". It
should be a 10.67-meg file.

Randy L.

"mike wheelock" <wheels2@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
> boB wrote:
>> RandyL wrote:
>>
>>> boB,
>>> I just downloaded & installed a nice freeware ultralight this week.
>>> It is the Kolb Firestar, an updated version for FS2004. It is in the
>>> file library at www.flightsim.com. There is a wheeled version, and a
>>> float version. I took it up for an early morning flight over the Grand
>>> Canyon. The view can't be beat.
>>>
>>> Randy L.
>>

>> Thanks Randy. I am in the process of installing it. It's a little
>> different. :)
>>

> Did I miss something? I went to the site and all I could find was a 80 K
> file.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:15:09 AM

Thanks